Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ben_3001

10 Days Left!

when will the horse-manure stop flowing ykickamoocow I've never heard such rubbish. 'Good drivers create their own opportunities' what?? Button's team-mates arent any good hmmm weirdo

when will the horse-manure stop flowing ykickamoocow I've never heard such rubbish. 'Good drivers create their own opportunities' what?? Button's team-mates arent any good hmmm weirdo

Even you must admitt that Button has never had a top driver in his prime as a teammate. The only half decent team mate he had was Villeneuve who is well past his prime and isnt nearly as fast as he used to be.

How about we see if ANYONE agrees with you that Ralf, Trulli and Fisichella arent any good. They're all driving for top teams this year and are established top drivers. I admit that Button didnt exactly thrash those 3 team-mates but he's never had the opportunity to win. What I mean is, he's never been running in 1st then thrown it all away. In 2004 he was nearly always best of the rest behind the dominant ferrari's. But i dont want to go into that all over again

As ive said before, good drivers create their own opportunities. As for his teammates none of them are any good except for Villeneuve who hasnt won a single race in a very long time.

Good drivers cannot win in inferior cars (without luck) only great drivers can do that. Michael Schumacher and, especially, Ayrton Senna could win in inferior machinery through sheer skill alone

Thats not right. DC won twice in 1997.

'Good drivers make their own luck' you talk such rubbish, DC won aus & monza 97 due to the leaders retirements. If ferrari didnt have such incredible reliability in 2004 jenson could've won a few races the same way

Ejsnon would have a win under his belt had he not had an engine failure at hockenheim 2004 which made him start 10 places behind he shudda. Driving one handedly with a helmet that was strangeling him and starting 11th (I think?) Is pretty damn good.

Thats not right. DC won twice in 1997.
'Good drivers make their own luck' you talk such rubbish, DC won aus & monza 97 due to the leaders retirements. If ferrari didnt have such incredible reliability in 2004 jenson could've won a few races the same way

Quite right Jemstride.

1997 Australian Grand Prix:

Jacques Villeneuve was eliminated at the first corner by Eddie Irvine, Johnny Herbert was also involved. JV would definitely have won that race; he qualified on pole 1.754 sec faster than his Williams team-mate HHF who was second on the grid! Jacques was 2.103 sec faster than the best non-Williams and that was Michael Schumacher who qualified third in his Ferrari F310B!

As it is, HHF would have won the race but developed brake problems

been gone a while, sad to say, more family problems, but 9 days 16 hours and 30 minutes to the first race cheered me up.

I got so excited I wet myself, oh no wait, my depends are leaking. :P:D

Thanks for the reminder.

Kenny

been gone a while, sad to say, more family problems, but 9 days 16 hours and 30 minutes to the first race cheered me up.

I got so excited I wet myself, oh no wait, my depends are leaking. :P:D

Thanks for the reminder.

Kenny

Indeed welcome back :thbup: Hope all is well with the family now.

Duct tape works wonders for leaks, just make sure you shave ^_^

welcome back kenny!

when will the horse-manure stop flowing ykickamoocow I've never heard such rubbish.
So the words 'Alonso is nothing special' don't ring a bell then??
The simple reason for this is he didn