Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

"Button Just Needs That First Win"

"Button just needs that first win"

PF1

Jenson Button has everything he needs to become a Formula One World Champion, except for one little thing - his first race victory. That's the opinion of Steve Rider, the new face of ITV-F1.

Even before his first race as ITV's newest F1 presenter, Rider is singing Button's praises as he believes it's only a matter of time before the Honda driver is fighting for the World title.

"Jenson's on the brink of making the breakthrough that will bring him a succession of wins and turn him into a strong Championship contender," Rider said.

"It's certainly not a lack of ability that has been holding him back, that's for sure.

"You couldn't really say at any stage that Jenson has been in a car capable of bringing him half-a-dozen victories.

"He's probably achieved the maximum potential with the machinery he has had at his disposal so far.

"The only thing missing has been luck

yeh :clap3: I always knew Steve Rider was the man for the job. :king::snigger:

Big deal every1 has a favourite celeb or racing driver :excl:

Why can't steve ? :thbup:

:honda::honda:

I like Steve. His motorsport knowledge is certainly greater than Jim's, and I'm not knocking Jim for that, just stating the facts.

I thought Steve Rider was just a golf man - but I'm glad to see he's a fan of JB!

A youngster I see

luck? we had the fastest car all thought 2004, hes been lucker than most drivers, and even if i am wrong about that, drivers that are good seam lucker (drivers make their own luck).

luck? we had the fastest car all thought 2004, hes been lucker than most drivers, and even if i am wrong about that, drivers that are good seam lucker (drivers make their own luck).

you must come from the same distant planet as ykickamoocow

Well, Australia anyway...

Perhaps our jackgarrett was unlucky himself. Even Jenson escaped his fate...

It'll take a lotta luck to break his duck...............

*ducks for cover from Button fans*

for some reason i think to myself that in 20 years i will be sitting on my couch watching some race and the anouncer will say: "You know bob, this guy reminds me of Jenson Button, he is said to be a world class driver but remember how Button never got better then second?" and then ill laugh my headoff because i will remeber all the people here that said button could win

for some reason i think to myself that in 20 years i will be sitting on my couch watching some race and the anouncer will say: "You know bob, this guy reminds me of Jenson Button, he is said to be a world class driver but remember how Button never got better then second?" and then ill laugh my headoff because i will remeber all the people here that said button could win

I cant wait for people like you to eat their words when button does win. If you think he's not capable then you clearly dont know a good f1 driver when u see one

I don't think he's that unlucky. Good comparison though.

well autosport compared him to james hunt - stuck in uncompetitive cars but when he got his break in a race-winner he went on to win the wdc

I remember that article, but didn't really agree with it. James was much more aggressive in (and out of) the car, and I think he was a better qualifier. But he did not have the same level of committment to his career (my view) - it was more a job than a vocation. Anyway, the Hesketh 308 was a tidy piece of kit, and he managed a win in that car before he went to McLaren.