Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silber_pfeil

New Mercedes Safty Car...!!!

They should use a proper racing car instead, not a car that a five year old could drive

:huh: It would have to be a very gifted 5 year old. What kind of racing car are you suggesting, or rather, what kind of racing car do you have in mind?

something without a 250kph limiter, with a manual transmission, which doesnt handle like a yacht.

something red rather than ' bling' :P

something without a 250kph limiter, with a manual transmission, which doesnt handle like a yacht.

something red rather than ' bling' :P

Mercedes-Benz will use a new Safety Car during the 2006 Formula One season, the CLK 63 AMG. Bernd Maylander will drive the Safety car that has an 6,3 liter V8 engine of AMG wich can provide 481hp.

-F1technical.com-

Add to that something like -150kg to the original CLK 63 AMG

Definitly a bad car :rolleyes:

Sorry to interrupt all the post-count enhancing "Indeed" stuff........... :rolleyes:

...........OK, I'm not sorry at all. :reddevile:

That "Safety" Car is dangerous!

Something much quicker is needed, with a decent driver.

The relatively puny thing you're all drooling over will be responsible for cold tyres, low pressures and the attendent handling dangers.

Will they ever learn? :angry:

Let me explain with an example (though why I'm bothering I dooooo not know)......

http://www.simonjones.co.uk/meanwhile/arti...999-may-01.html

For those who need leading by the hand even more, here's the relevant extract.......

".........the safety car was deployed onto the track. All the cars had to line up behind it and follow it around while the track was cleared. All this time vital heat and pressure, that has to be in the Grand Prix cars tyres, was decreasing. Senna often drew up along side the safety car and waved at the driver to go faster, but the brakes on the safety car (a standard Opel vectra) were by now completely worn down after the Opel had done two flat out laps ahead of the F1 field. The safety car driver knew of Senna's annoyance at his apparent lack of speed, but he could go no faster for the risk of going off track himself!"

Don't pretend the toy at the top of the page is sufficiently better.

Understand now? :rolleyes:

Hard work around here sometimes. :angry:

Christ on a bike, Redline!! You talk such bollocks at times.

Are you seriously suggesting that the car at the top of this thread is equivalent to a Vectra????

In your finite wisdom, what sort of vehicle would you suggest, and please be specific.

Lets remember please everyone that the safety car has to be a lot slower than the f1 cars otherwise it defeats the object of 'safety car'. Drivers cant expect the safety car to go fast enough for the f1 cars to keep their tyres hot, and any driver who drives alongside the safety car waving him to go faster must be a complete moron

Lets remember please everyone that the safety car has to be a lot slower than the f1 cars otherwise it defeats the object of 'safety car'. Drivers cant expect the safety car to go fast enough for the f1 cars to keep their tyres hot, and any driver who drives alongside the safety car waving him to go faster must be a complete moron

These days I would agree with you, but in 94 the safety car was hopelessly inadequate for the job and I can understand that the drivers would be concerned about this.

It is a double edged sword.

Go faster, you hit things faster. Go slower, and you take away performance.

As for a suitable car. Why not a V8 Supercar, DTM Series type car ?

It is a double edged sword.

Go faster, you hit things faster. Go slower, and you take away performance.

Eminently sensible idea. :thbup:

Because they are too fast. Safety car needs to guide the f1 field through the wreckage of the crash, not post quick lap times

Because they are too fast. Safety car needs to guide the f1 field through the wreckage of the crash, not post quick lap times

True, but there is surely a need for a car with sufficient performance to ensure that the following cars keep enough airflow through their rads, and also to keep tyre pressures up and carcasses up to temperature on the rest of the lap. How often is there an accident covering the whole circuit?

True, but there is surely a need for a car with sufficient performance to ensure that the following cars keep enough airflow through their rads, and also to keep tyre pressures up and carcasses up to temperature on the rest of the lap. How often is there an accident covering the whole circuit?

I've never known it to be a problem. If it was a problem then I'm sure the safety car would be changed to something more powerful. But I've never heard a driver or team complaining about it

Christ on a bike, Redline!! You talk such bollocks at times.

Are you seriously suggesting that the car at the top of this thread is equivalent to a Vectra????

If you care to read my post again, you'll notice that I state the following.......

How, on all that is Holy (even including Christ on a bike, if you wish) does that suggest to you that I am comparing the Mercedes to a Vectra?

How much quicker is the Merc than the Vectra? Lets say twice as quick. Twice as quick is not sufficiently better.

What conclusion do I draw from this?

I conclude that you talk such b*****ks at times. :mf_tongue:

In your finite wisdom, what sort of vehicle would you suggest, and please be specific

Ferrari Enzo.

Ferrari F40

Lambourghini Murcielago.

Ford GT40

.......as a minimum in terms of performance.

.......and before you get the wrong end of things yet again, I mean one of those cars, not all four at the same time! :rolleyes:

....and the driver should give it some major welly except near the incident. As someone else rightly pointed out, accidents don't occur over the entire circuit.

Why am I wasting my time typing on this Forum? I've got better things to do than discuss such things with idiots! :angry:

If you care to read my post again, you'll notice that I state the following.......

How, on all that is Holy (even including Christ on a bike, if you wish) does that suggest to you that I am comparing the Mercedes to a Vectra?

How much quicker is the Merc than the Vectra? Lets say twice as quick. Twice as quick is not sufficiently better.

What conclusion do I draw from this?

I conclude that you talk such b*****ks at times. :mf_tongue:

Ferrari Enzo.

Ferrari F40

Lambourghini Murcielago.

Ford GT40

.......as a minimum in terms of performance.

.......and before you get the wrong end of things yet again, I mean one of those cars, not all four at the same time! :rolleyes:

....and the driver should give it some major welly except near the incident. As someone else rightly pointed out, accidents don't occur over the entire circuit.

Why am I wasting my time typing on this Forum? I've got better things to do than discuss such things with idiots! :angry:

You're unnecessarily being a ----- Stoppit

Jem getting personal is not neccesary.......kindly stop :D pumpdoc..........

You are right...why, why? run before is to late!

mini-poll: who thinks Redline is an arrogant git who thinks he's above all others and is not welcome here?

mini-poll: who thinks Redline is an arrogant git who thinks he's above all others and is not welcome here?

I think that he should go if he doesnt feel good here...thats it

Mercedes-Benz will use a new Safety Car during the 2006 Formula One season, the CLK 63 AMG. Bernd Maylander will drive the Safety car that has an 6,3 liter V8 engine of AMG wich can provide 481hp.

-F1technical.com-

Add to that something like -150kg to the original CLK 63 AMG

Definitly a bad car :rolleyes:

Coupled to an antique automatic, lousy wallowing handling and a 250 kph limit.

Pagani Zonda F

Maserati MC12

Ferrari Enzo

Ariel Atom

Porsche Carrera GT

Ferrari 360 CS

Murcielago

Zonda

Koenigsegg

Gallardo

Ferrari 575 GTC

BMW M3 CSL

Mercedes CL65

Mercedes SL55 AMG

speed demons aren't they :rolleyes:

(top gear laptimes)

as i said before, if a faster car was needed, I'm sure they'd use one. The current safety car is fine