Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sato

Australian Viewers

I have just had a look at ten's website, and according to their tv quite on sturday (well technically sunday morning) @ 2:30AM they will show qualfying. :clap3:

It goes for an hour, so I imagine its the whole session... Unless they talk for half an hour <_<

I hope this keeps up all year, but I imagine it just because its the first round.

Anyway just wanted to make sure my fellow Aussies knew of this :D

I have just had a look at ten's website, and according to their tv quite on sturday (well technically sunday morning) @ 2:30AM they will show qualfying. :clap3:

It goes for an hour, so I imagine its the whole session... Unless they talk for half an hour <_<

I hope this keeps up all year, but I imagine it just because its the first round.

Thanks Sato, this should be good can't wait. You going to Melbourne for the GP?

I saw that and was going to post the info as well. Channel 10 say they will show qualy at 12:30 Sat night in Western Australia.

I too hope it is for the full season, but like Sato, I suspect this is only for the first round of the season...

I saw that and was going to post the info as well. Channel 10 say they will show qualy at 12:30 Sat night in Western Australia.

I too hope it is for the full season, but like Sato, I suspect this is only for the first round of the season...

Okay for all us Kiwi fans (are there any apart from me...) Sky is going to show quali as well but it will be for an hour and a half so obviously we will get a bit of biuld up as well

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

I was thinking of postponing my stay in India by 3 more days so I could see atleast one round of qualifying :blush:

Looks like I won't make it to Melbourne this year though :(

Why can't the bloody race be in Sydney :wacko::wacko:

Does anyone know if it is live?

Im just glad we get qualifying at all, no more sitting at my computer watching the live timing, i'll actually get to see the action isnt of reading about it.

Does anyone know if it is live?

Im just glad we get qualifying at all, no more sitting at my computer watching the live timing, i'll actually get to see the action isnt of reading about it.

Its not live, its around 3-4 hours delayed.

Yeah its really on at 10:00PM AEDT, do delayed by 4 and a half hours... But still anything is a big improvement on nothing.

Absolutely fantastic news. Cheers for letting us know Sato. I think it may be for the first round only like a couple people say, but it would be fantastic if it were for the whole season. An earlier time would be nice (heck even midnight would suit me), but I'll take what I can get. I'm absolutely stoked!

Network Ten have confirmed to a poster in another forum that it will only be for the first race (they somewhat oddly claim it is the Australian GP Management that is preventing them showing the rest of the season).

Time to e-mail Ten!

One qualifing session is better than none I guess.

What interest would the AGP Management have with channel 10 showing every qualifing session of the season?? Beats me!!!

Everyone going to Melbourne this year??? Can't wait!!!

I think i'm just gonna Get Foxtel so I can watch it live.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Foxtel doesnt have the rights to F1, only Channel 10 shows it in Australia.

Unless they have done a deal to get the F1 for 2006?

Hi RPM/Channel Ten,

Whilst on the whole your broadcast is an excellent service to the public. I have some questions ands suggestions for you:

I have written an email to rpm (channle 10) and I urge you to do the same.

email address is [email protected]

1.It would be appreciated by many if you could show qualifying either live or even delayed an hour or two on the day it happens. Especially as this year is the exciting knockout style elimination qualifying.

ITV does it, Asia Sky TV do it and so does many, many other country

Correct me if I am wrong, but Foxtel doesnt have the rights to F1, only Channel 10 shows it in Australia.

Unless they have done a deal to get the F1 for 2006?

They didn't till last year, I remember being in a hotel for a race weekend and trying to tune into live qualifying on Fox :angry::angry:

I think Channel 10 has exclusive rights :angry::angry:

They didn't till last year, I remember being in a hotel for a race weekend and trying to tune into live qualifying on Fox :angry::angry:

I think Channel 10 has exclusive rights :angry::angry:

Yeah I'm sure that Channel 10 have exclusive rights. Pity, Fox would do a great job.

Yeah, I've had foxtel for years, they don't have any rights for it.

Im going to email ten aswell, and see what they have to say about it atleast.

wow so all this time you aussies havent been able to watch qualifying???

Yeah. All we have had is the live timing of formula1.com. Its just really irritating because most qualifying sessions would be held late at night (10pm or later). The shows on channel 10 at those times are pitiful so you think they could spare one hour for the formula 1 qualifying.

Thats outrageous. It would really p**s me off if I couldnt watch qualifying, you dont get to see the mistakes etc, hey that means you probably didnt see the comedy show that was the 2005 Australian GP qualifying!

hey that means you probably didnt see the comedy show that was the 2005 Australian GP qualifying!

Yes, we did see that. The only time we get to see practis, qualifyimg and the race is for the Australian GP. All the other races we only get the actual race. I really did enjoy the 2005 Australian GP qualifying though, i was cheering when i saw MS creeping around the track at 100kph.

yea I laughed when massa came out the pits and could barely drive in a straight line, then of course sato hit the wall. There have been many exciting quali sessions over the years, those australian tv companies need to sort themselves out badly, Aus has a lot of f1 fans. Seems like UK is the only country that really gets a decent weekend coverage, with hour-long race build-ups and of course live quali

those australian tv companies need to sort themselves out badly, Aus has a lot of f1 fans. Seems like UK is the only country that really gets a decent weekend coverage, with hour-long race build-ups and of course live quali

But that might interfere with quality programming like Big Brother, Australian idol and American idol, and that religious tripe they like giving us at 1am. Now we couldnt have that, could we?