Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sato

Australian Viewers

well luckily for us Brits we have ITV, who are dedicated to giving us a brilliant f1 viewing experience! only downside is the commercial breaks

yea I laughed when massa came out the pits and could barely drive in a straight line, then of course sato hit the wall. There have been many exciting quali sessions over the years, those australian tv companies need to sort themselves out badly, Aus has a lot of f1 fans. Seems like UK is the only country that really gets a decent weekend coverage, with hour-long race build-ups and of course live quali

Here in the USA we get friday practice(2nd session) live, quali live and race live inclding a 1/2hr pre-race and the post race podium winners press remarks :clap3:

Seems like UK is the only country that really gets a decent weekend coverage, with hour-long race build-ups and of course live quali

India my friend India :):(

they somewhat oddly claim it is the Australian GP Management that is preventing them showing the rest of the season

That really is weird. I always thought that when you buy the rights, you buy the rights to the whole weekend (practice, quali, race). If anything, I'd have thought the AGP management would be insisting on them showing quali so as to put the sport to a wider audience and provide more coverage of the sport. Having said that, I don't buy their excuse as it makes no sense whatsoever. Ten bought the rights and they get to decide what to show and when, not AGP management. I'm sick of the coverage of F1 here, it's bordering on a joke.

Oh, petitions and letters don't work. I know people who did that same thing when it was on Chan Nine, and now to Ten, it never works.

I got news guys. I asked Foxtel when I was thinking of signing up and they said they Definatly DID secure rights for the Formula1 season.

The could have been lying to get me to sign up though.

I got news guys. I asked Foxtel when I was thinking of signing up and they said they Definatly DID secure rights for the Formula1 season.

I would think if Foxtel got rights to F1, it would be in the news. Maybe 10 has on sold the 2007 season rights to help them pay for the AFL?

I checked Foxtel's online guide and saw no mention of F1 this weekend.

Anyone have any more news on this?

Could that mean that the F1 races will only be shown on Foxtel or have Foxtel only bought the rights to practice and qualifying.

What I hate about the australian coverage is that Bill Woods and co rattle on for 40 minutes when the race has already started and they keep us up for an extra 40 minutes (most times the race is delayed by 30 - 60 minutes by the time it hits our screen). Granted that some of the stuff they talk about is interesting, but most of the time it is a rehash of what they have said on RPM. At that time of night you just want to get the race on.

What I hate about the australian coverage is that Bill Woods and co rattle on for 40 minutes when the race has already started and they keep us up for an extra 40 minutes (most times the race is delayed by 30 - 60 minutes by the time it hits our screen). Granted that some of the stuff they talk about is interesting, but most of the time it is a rehash of what they have said on RPM. At that time of night you just want to get the race on.

I like the V8 Supercars commentators. They at least know what they are talking about. THough i wish that Barry Sheen was still alive, he was a great commentator.

I like the V8 Supercars commentators. They at least know what they are talking about. THough i wish that Barry Sheen was still alive, he was a great commentator.

Would that be Liegh Diffy?

I don't rate diffy that, highly to be honest.

I ended sending an email in, didn't get a reply as of yet though..... Ah well atleast I tried.

yea I laughed when massa came out the pits and could barely drive in a straight line, then of course sato hit the wall.
I was there!! I can remember it like yesterday. I was on the hill overviewing the turn 11 and 12 quick left right. There were blue skies above us but a big black cloud dead ahead and it slowly came in. I really felt sorry for Massa as he was having a good weekend up to then and did a brilliant job just to keep it on the track, as did Michael.

Channel 10 are the exclusive rights holders for F1 in Aust. When did you ask them?

What I hate about the australian coverage is that Bill Woods and co rattle on for 40 minutes when the race has already started and they keep us up for an extra 40 minutes
The worst thing about that is most of it is telling us how great Webber is and other rubbish like that. They don't get that there's more to F1 than Webber.
Could that mean that the F1 races will only be shown on Foxtel or have Foxtel only bought the rights to practice and qualifying.

From what I understand, when you buy the rights to F1, you buy the rights to ALL F1 sessions (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) as a package and not as seperate packages.

In the latest F1Weekly.com podcast, they had a listener email from an Australian who said 10 has confirmed they will show qualifying for the entire 2006 season.

Hope that is the case...

That really is weird. I always thought that when you buy the rights, you buy the rights to the whole weekend (practice, quali, race). If anything, I'd have thought the AGP management would be insisting on them showing quali so as to put the sport to a wider audience and provide more coverage of the sport. Having said that, I don't buy their excuse as it makes no sense whatsoever. Ten bought the rights and they get to decide what to show and when, not AGP management. I'm sick of the coverage of F1 here, it's bordering on a joke.

Oh, petitions and letters don't work. I know people who did that same thing when it was on Chan Nine, and now to Ten, it never works.

I agree as I have just got a pretty generic email back to my email I senbt to them as follows:-

Thanks for taking the time to email us.

As a one off, Network TEN will be airing the F1 qualifying from round 1 in Bahrain as we look at the new qualifying format. We will not be airing any other qualifying rounds after bahrain, accept at the Australian Grand Prix.

Network TEN will not be running the box during the commercial break As ITV.and due to contractual obligations, we are unable to re-play any F1 races.

Kind Regards

The RPM Team

www.rpmlive.tv

Wow thanks Channel TEN and rpm!!!!

how rubbish. I think australia should get the full british ITV coverage, not just the commentary. ITV don't go on about the british drivers and its top class!

I think i'm just gonna Get Foxtel so I can watch it live.

Foxtel are too tight to bid for rights. I`ve asked many of the idiots flogging Foxtel at shopping centres every year, "will we have any F1 coverage this year"?

Standard answer is "there`s not enough interest in Australia to warrant F1 coverage"..... :blink:

But there is for A1GP apparently...go figure... :eusa_think:

Cheers... ;)

Foxtel are too tight to bid for rights. I`ve asked many of the idiots flogging Foxtel at shopping centres every year, "will we have any F1 coverage this year"?

Standard answer is "there`s not enough interest in Australia to warrant F1 coverage"..... :blink:

But there is for A1GP apparently...go figure... :eusa_think:

Cheers... ;)

And NASCAR....

What they really mean is 'we cant afford the F1 rights'...

Which is a shame..... I bet as soon as I lose foxtel they get the rights and show every session..... <_<

Which is a shame..... I bet as soon as I lose foxtel they get the rights and show every session..... <_<

Yep, I am always hoping Foxtel will get the F1, they would do it justice and show races and qual live for every race...

Channel 9 was a joke and 10 isnt much better IMO.

Yep, I am always hoping Foxtel will get the F1, they would do it justice and show races and qual live for every race...

Channel 9 was a joke and 10 isnt much better IMO.

I'm assuming Foxtel is the same as Fox here(same company) which owns Speed tv here and they give us our great F1 coverage...............

Yep, I am always hoping Foxtel will get the F1,

That would be a terrible thing to happen for formula 1 in Australia. Alot of people around the country cant afford Pay TV so i would go from only seeing the races to seeing nothing.

That would be a terrible thing to happen for formula 1 in Australia. Alot of people around the country cant afford Pay TV so i would go from only seeing the races to seeing nothing.

I agree, it still has to be on free to air, but it would be good to have the option to pay to watch the races and qualy live.