Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amdxp

2006 Bahrain Gp - Qualification

Here you can write your comments and thoughts about qualification rounds in Bahrain.

Raikonnen crashed while he was on a flyer for McLaren. Damn shaim! It looked like a suspension failure...

The drivers who are out after the first knockout session are: Raikonnen, Sato, Ide, Monteiro, Albers and Ralf Schumacher.

The new knockout format of qualifaction is damn exciting! =)

Next round and drivers out are.

Villeneuve, Rosberg, Coulthard, Trulli, Liuzzi & Speed

And i like the new format so far.

My overall impression is that this was a vast improvement on qualifying last year. I will definately watch next qualifying. :clap3:

Ferrari take the first two grid positions

MS looked pretty happy as he captured his record tying pole. The Ferrari's were indeed fast as Massa was able to slide into second a few hundredths back of Micheal.

Round one of my personal favorite battle goes to Nick Heidfield as he out qualifies Jacques Villeneuve with the two BMW pilots 10 and 11th respectively on the grid.

Biggest surprise NOT!!!! KR has another McClaren failure and starts from the back of the grid.

Here is the starting grid for Bahrain GP:

1. M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m31.431s :king:

2. MASSA Ferrari 1m31.478s :clap3:

3. BUTTON Honda 1m31.549s

4. ALONSO Renault 1m31.702s :mellow:

5. MONTOYA McLaren 1m32.164s

6. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m32.579s

7. WEBBER Williams 1m33.006s

8. KLIEN Red Bull 1m33.112s

9. FISICHELLA Renault 1m33.496s

10. HEIDFELD BMW 1m33.926s

11. VILLENEUVE BMW 1m32.456s

12. ROSBERG Williams 1m32.620s

13. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m32.850s :eusa_think:

14. TRULLI Toyota 1m33.066s :o

15. LIUZZI Toro Rosso 1m33.416s

16. SPEED Toro Rosso 1m34.606s

17. R.SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m34.702s :o

18. ALBERS MF1 1m35.724s

19. MONTEIRO MF1 1m35.900s

20. SATO Super Aguri 1m37.411s

21. IDE Super Aguri 1m40.270s

22. RAIKKONEN McLaren no time :(

I though this was a worth a look.

Driver, Fastest Lap Time

M.Schumacher, 1.31.431

F.Massa, 1.31.478

J.Button, 1.31.549

F.Alonso, 1.31.215

J.Montoya, 1.31.487

R.Barrichello, 1.32.322

M.Webber, 1.32.309

C.Klien, 1.32.106

G.Fisichella, 1.31.831

N.Heidfeld, 1.31.958

J.Villeneuve, 1.32.456

N.Rosberg, 1.32.620

D.Coulthard, 1.32.850

J.Trulli 1.33.066

V.Liuzzi 1.33.416

S.Speed 1.33.995

R.Schumacher 1.34.702

C.Albers 1.35.724

T.Monteiro 1.35.900

T.Sato 1.37.411

Y.Ide 1.40.270

K.Raikkonen -

To add a comment:

I would say that the "fuel-credit" system didn't really work well... It will be intresting to see how it will affect the race tomorrow.

What do you folks think about the 3 round? Did you find it interesting or not?

They should post the qualifying times that moved them into the next round as well. Obviously NH had a better lap time then JV in the second round and yet officially they are posting his qualifying time from the final round, which was slower then JV's time. I also saw a bunch of Smoke come out of Heidfields BMW on the last lap?????. Does a motor change officially move him to the back????

I am very happy for Massa. He is proving he deserves to be with Ferrari. MS barely shaded him, and he will soon be stepping into the top ranks of F1, just like I said he would.

Well Done

Yes it does.

Ya, I kind of knew it did. What I was getting at, was that would officially place JV ahead of Heidfield in qualifying, and spark a huge debate over who outqualified who :D

I am very happy for Massa. He is proving he deserves to be with Ferrari. MS barely shaded him, and he will soon be stepping into the top ranks of F1, just like I said he would.

It appears that Massa is very much as fast as Schumacher..probably faster in outright pace...it will be interesting to see how the race goes, and how the relationship plays out.

Raikonnen crashed while he was on a flyer for McLaren. Damn shaim! It looked like a suspension failure...

56971.jpg

Picture taken at todays qualification in Bahrain.

Credit: F1Racing.net

I do think the fuel levels should be available to us all. Afterall, the FIA knows, and no doubt the teams will have their spies, so why not publish the declared fuel levels of the top 10 at the end of the session. Looks like Honda might perform closer or ahead of Renault tomorrow, as Pat Symonds was unhappy in the interview he gave on British TV, whilst Gil De Ferran was happy. It didn't sound like the Renault had that much more fuel than the others!

The question is, McLaren. Are they a load of pish this year? or does Montoya have fuel? I vote pish!

raikonnen is a d#ck head. what the hell was he doing driving back to the pits, leaving debris everywhere and causing further damage to the car. what a complete twat! My step dad was very entertained and said new quali is brill, i have to agree. He also said if he was 1 of them mechanics on kimis car and kimi did that he said he wudnt care who he was he would flaw him for being [etty and further damaging the car. Again i agree.

Basically kimi is a knob and im not convinced at Button's pace, hasnt been terribly quick. I got pole right though for PPP :)

also, toyota is no shock, i had a hunch their testing times wee not due to sandbagging. they gonna have a troubled year!

Quite exciting, at some moment it was a chaos :D . At the end is just one lap (when they change the tyres, the rest is useless) but this lap is not going to be clean because of traffic. I don

BArrichello really did dissappoint me though. He has tested alot with Honda and shouldnt be that far off BUtton's pace.

BArrichello really did dissappoint me though. He has tested alot with Honda and shouldnt be that far off BUtton's pace.

True.

The same for Fisi. The car has been built for FA? Is the team focusiing in my countryman? Maybe all the things i

I don't see that excitement.we already know how will end this year championship there is nothing to be happy about,remind 2002 or 2004,the same old Sh#t is back

The new qualifying system didnt create a spice for me...the one lap qualifying was good when we knew where everyone stands and we come to the edge of the seat as each and every driver finishes their lap.....well even though schumi is P1 we still are not sure what fuel loads all are having..perhaps rubens and fisico are having bit heavy fuel loads....thats my guess...until the race starts and crosses one pit stop we can atleast be sure who will be where and how the fight may go.....

also pity on kimi...why only for him...as usual unlucky guy....when monotya can make up in P5 kimi wudve been some where in p2 or p3 if things wudve gone good

I don't see that excitement.we already know how will end this year championship there is nothing to be happy about,remind 2002 or 2004,the same old Sh#t is back

No way Ferrari is going to dominate, i hardly doubt they will win tomorrow

why dont some of u like this new quali. I found it edge of the seat exciting right from the off. my step dad said they have finall found out how to entertain and thats what it did. Brilliant, fun, and dramatic. a marked improvement

:D Well Ferrari :ferrari: put paid to the rumours of their demise I'd say and a big :thbup: to Jenson for his run, I thinl Massa shut his detractors up for a while and while Nico out qualified the American Scott Speed at least Speed kept it on the track and in an inferior car to boot, Kimi................what can you say?

And in closing all I have to say is........ :wtf: are they racing in a sandbox for, It's a shame that they have to race on such a p**s-poor surface............

indeed. Bahrain with the sand is stupid. they should have made an 'oasis' in the deserrt, the track area to be green with gravel traps and no sand on the track premises. Its silly.

In race onditions massa wont finish 2nd, but 3rd or fourth.

My ppp picks i feel confident about. My podium 3 are in the top4 in quali. and my fastest lap setter is currently on pole. I think i will win PPP this year, cos u all suck :D

Nah, it wasn't smoke, Nick went wide and kicked up some dust. Had he not have made that mistake, he could have jumped quite a few people. ("The first two sectors of my lap were very good, but then I pushed a little too hard in Turn 13. I braked late and as I came off the racing line I lost a lot of time. Otherwise I could have qualified as high as fifth, so naturally I am a little disappointed.)

Also, ITV said nick got the 7th fastest lap... I think those fastest laps were wrong... webber got 9th fastest I think or seem to recall... I'll find out.

PS

Super Aguri really are a joke....

Here's a full breakdown;

Final session times:

1. M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m31.431s

2. MASSA Ferrari 1m31.478s

3. BUTTON Honda 1m31.549s

4. ALONSO Renault 1m31.702s

5. MONTOYA McLaren 1m32.164s

6. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m32.579s

7. WEBBER Williams 1m33.006s

8. KLIEN Red Bull 1m33.112s

9. FISICHELLA Renault 1m33.496s

10. HEIDFELD BMW 1m33.926s

Session two times:

1. ALONSO Renault 1m31.215s

2. MONTOYA McLaren 1m31.487s

3. FISICHELLA Renault 1m31.831s

4. HEIDFELD BMW 1m31.958s

5. MASSA Ferrari 1m32.014s

6. M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m32.025s

7. BUTTON Honda 1m32.025s

8. KLIEN Red Bull 1m32.106s

9. WEBBER Williams 1m32.309s

10. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m32.322s

Knocked out:

11. VILLENEUVE BMW 1m32.456s

12. ROSBERG Williams 1m32.620s

13. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m32.850s

14. TRULLI Toyota 1m33.066s

15. LIUZZI Toro Rosso 1m33.416s

16. SPEED Toro Rosso 1m34.606s

Session one times:

1. ALONSO Renault 1m32.433s

2. BUTTON Honda 1m32.603s

3. FISICHELLA Renault 1m32.934s

4. ROSBERG Williams 1m32.945s

5. MONTOYA McLaren 1m33.233s

6. M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m33.310s

7. HEIDFELD BMW 1m33.374s

8. WEBBER Williams 1m33.454s

9. MASSA Ferrari 1m33.579s

10. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m33.678s

11. VILLENEUVE BMW 1m33.862s

12. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m33.922s

13. TRULLI Toyota 1m33.987s

14. SPEED Toro Rosso 1m33.995s

15. KLIEN Red Bull 1m34.308s

16. LIUZZI Toro Rosso 1m34.439s

Knocked out:

17. R.SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m34.702s

18. ALBERS MF1 1m35.724s

19. MONTEIRO MF1 1m35.900s

20. SATO Super Aguri 1m37.411s

21. IDE Super Aguri 1m40.270s

22. RAIKKONEN McLaren no time

They should post the qualifying times that moved them into the next round as well. Obviously NH had a better lap time then JV in the second round and yet officially they are posting his qualifying time from the final round, which was slower then JV's time. I also saw a bunch of Smoke come out of Heidfields BMW on the last lap?????. Does a motor change officially move him to the back????

Dear YHR do not worry the motor is fine. I am almost sure NH got his revs bumped up on the last two laps and he was about to get a crazy good time. Look at his last laps 2 first sectors time and he was going for a 4th or 6th place qualification. Unfortunatly he locked up in one of the last corner in the last sector which cost him alot of time on his so far great lap. So no engine problem, only a little burnt rubber you saw.

As for the BMW engine, here's another fact that might put a smile on your face

Here are the top 10 speeds in quali :

1 1 Fernando Alonso 305.0 speed

2 5 Michael Schumacher 304.8

3 17 Jacques Villeneuve 303.7

4 4 Juan Pablo Montoya 303.4

5 2 Giancarlo Fisichella 302.9

6 20 Vitantonio Liuzzi 300.3

7 12 Jenson Button 300.1

8 6 Felipe Massa 299.5

9 16 Nick Heidfeld 299.5

10 9 Mark Webber 298.9