Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amdxp

2006 Bahrain Gp - Qualification

Fastest Lap Order

1 F.Alonso

2 M.Schumacher

3 F. Massa

4 J.P.Montoya

5 J.Button

6 G. Fisichella

7 N. Heidfeld

8 C. Klien

9 M. Webber

10 R.Barichello

11 J.Villeneuve

12 N.Rosberg

13 D.Coulthard

14 J.Trulli

15 V.Liuzzi

16 S.Speed

17 R.Schumacher

18 C.Albers

19 T.Monteiro

20 T.Sato

21 Y.Ide

22 K.Raikkonen

has anybody ever noticed that even if MS doesnt win he mostly gets fastest lap even so.

for the most part i like the new system but it still has its kinks to work out. each team should state before quali how much fule they will start with, then for quali they get to use as much or as little as they want in each session and once they are out then they should be filled up to what they stated as their race fule. anybody get what im saying?

As for the BMW engine, here's another fact that might put a smile on your face

Here are the top 10 speeds in quali :

1 1 Fernando Alonso 305.0 speed

2 5 Michael Schumacher 304.8

3 17 Jacques Villeneuve 303.7

4 4 Juan Pablo Montoya 303.4

5 2 Giancarlo Fisichella 302.9

6 20 Vitantonio Liuzzi 300.3

7 12 Jenson Button 300.1

8 6 Felipe Massa 299.5

9 16 Nick Heidfeld 299.5

10 9 Mark Webber 298.9

Yeah, overall sector times, nick was 4th, 7th and 4th

I'm sure JV will do well, the BMW car has a hell of a lot of potential

all of williams's problems last year with the engine? Nah, sorry FW, don't think so!

has anybody ever noticed that even if MS doesnt win he mostly gets fastest lap even so.

No

Nah, it wasn't smoke, Nick went wide and kicked up some dust. Had he not have made that mistake, he could have jumped quite a few people. ("The first two sectors of my lap were very good, but then I pushed a little too hard in Turn 13. I braked late and as I came off the racing line I lost a lot of time. Otherwise I could have qualified as high as fifth, so naturally I am a little disappointed.)

Also, ITV said nick got the 7th fastest lap... I think those fastest laps were wrong... webber got 9th fastest I think or seem to recall... I'll find out.

PS

Super Aguri really are a joke....

I'm Glad that the BMW engines are holding up so well.

I am not sure if I like this qualifying format or not. It was entertaining, but there are lots of factors that come into play, that have nothing to do with being the fastest around the track. Traffic is certainly one of them.

Also, what will those extra miles on those engines mean to the outcome of the main event. Unless you have a legitimate shot at pole, perhaps those extra revs aren't worth the effort. Look at BMW for an example. What real benefit did being in the final ten have for the team? I see some teams using this as extra testing, and getting their cars set up for race day.

IF we see a couple of engine failures from the front runners with only a few laps to go, new light could be shed on this qualifying format.

I guess it will reward the teams that build the best engines. What I m saying though, is you won't really know that until the checkered flag falls on Sunday.

All quali is to me now is something entertaining for a saturday. The qualifying positions mean very little, the emphasis is NOT on how fast you can get round a track, more like how well you time your lap, how much fuel you put in, how many times you put new tyres on. I do like the format, I'll not deny it, it is exciting. However, it is a very poor means of qualifying. Follow the dtm example. Have the first 2 sessions, however, the third is a single shot at pole. I can se this format changing half way through the season as the last one did. Teams won't like this at all. Anyway, those who have a time faster than their position will be better in the race - they obviously have a quick car. Those who don't obviously were at the limit of their car when they scored their fastest lap.

raikonnen is a d#ck head. what the hell was he doing driving back to the pits, leaving debris everywhere and causing further damage to the car. what a complete twat! My step dad was very entertained and said new quali is brill, i have to agree. He also said if he was 1 of them mechanics on kimis car and kimi did that he said he wudnt care who he was he would flaw him for being [etty and further damaging the car. Again i agree.

he went back to pits so that they can start working on his car immediately and not after one and half hour when qualifying gets over....(then they have one hour less to work on car !!)

I also think that they will surely replace his engine...and why not? If he does then also he is going to start 22 and if he didin't then also 22....so, better change it, if time and engine, both are in hand !!!

If he would have left his car on track...then two things could have not happened !!!

firstly...the analyse the damage done to the entire car

and secondly....to analyse the problem itself....it may happen like Montoya would have faced same problem during his qualification run

but the fact of the matter is he ****ing damaged it even more by driving it back, leaving debris everywhere. He is an arrogant ignorant twat and i wish him a miserable season.

All quali is to me now is something entertaining for a saturday. The qualifying positions mean very little, the emphasis is NOT on how fast you can get round a track, more like how well you time your lap, how much fuel you put in, how many times you put new tyres on. I do like the format, I'll not deny it, it is exciting. However, it is a very poor means of qualifying. Follow the dtm example. Have the first 2 sessions, however, the third is a single shot at pole. I can se this format changing half way through the season as the last one did. Teams won't like this at all. Anyway, those who have a time faster than their position will be better in the race - they obviously have a quick car. Those who don't obviously were at the limit of their car when they scored their fastest lap.

I agree completely. This is simply fan entertianment, and the one true measure we had to compare teammates has been dimished. Oh well.

Go BMW, and congrats to NH for nipping JV.

Oh how I wish I could have changed my picks, I had JV winning because I heard a lot of good about the BMW package. oh well, Schumi's second for me.

:eusa_think: Strange, not the response I was expecting from all of the faithfull, could it be some dreams were shatterd today?? :eusa_think: Not much from the Reno camp or the Williams, McLaren, Toyota :rofl:

Red Bull Racing........................

As long as its a competative close season im happy, even if ferrari win both championships, so long as its close and the racing is excellent i wont mind, and so lng as JB wins lots of races :)

As long as its a competative close season im happy, even if ferrari win both championships, so long as its close and the racing is excellent i wont mind, and so lng as JB wins lots of races :)

I admire your outlook Ben, keep the faith and we'll see what happens tomorrow :thbup:

:)

Although im no fan, its nice to see michael back where he belongs :)

Thank you Ben, that's very sporting of you :thbup: (and don't tell Jem I said nice things about Jenson, wouldn't want to spoil the fun :lol: )

I promise I will not :)

Here's to an exciting season :cheers:

Indeed :cheers::beer:

:)

Damn I just saw what I did.........here's the correct one..... :cheers::beer::honda::ferrari::lol::lol:

:D you'll never pin it on me the evedence is gone :naughty:

I feel ferrari are running light as per Massa's comments. Button's also running light. My money would either be on Mclaren's :naughty: Alonso or Mclarens Montoya. All depends on the first 1 2 laps. Massa could be (as always the case) used by Ferrari to 'we know what'

TO: Jenson Rules, I'm sure kimi would have been punished by the fia if he'd done wrong driving back to the pits. plus we've had worse over the years, so talking trash like that to a Great driver with good calibre is unfathomable.

KIMI RULES

but the fact of the matter is he ****ing damaged it even more by driving it back, leaving debris everywhere. He is an arrogant ignorant twat and i wish him a miserable season.

Even with a wrecked car and bad luck he wins races, that's more than i can say for Button...

he went back to pits so that they can start working on his car immediately and not after one and half hour when qualifying gets over....(then they have one hour less to work on car !!)

I also think that they will surely replace his engine...and why not? If he does then also he is going to start 22 and if he didin't then also 22....so, better change it, if time and engine, both are in hand !!!

If he would have left his car on track...then two things could have not happened !!!

firstly...the analyse the damage done to the entire car

and secondly....to analyse the problem itself....it may happen like Montoya would have faced same problem during his qualification run

He is actually gonna receive a ten place grid penalty in the next race for changing the engine as well, so I think "some" thinking woulda been done had the engine been in condition to be placed int he spare car, but i think that wasn't possible anyways...

rule states that the penalty for an engine change is applied to all the races the engine had to last for...

11 is lucky as JV can refuel FULLY and come to thE RACE! nick can only replace the used.