Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

Another "Lucky" Win For Alonso!

Great race!

It will be a really good season!

GO RENAULT!!!!

GO ALONSO!!!! :clap3:

Indeed great showing from Fernando....but the result was mostly down to him than down to his car,Ferrari are still the dominating force,although Kimi could have won too....I hate Ferrari so I'm happy since,at least for today it wasn't a red washout

What a brill race, really enjoyed it. Button made some brilliant moves, shame he had such a Sh#t start and barrichello getting in his way early on, otherwise 3rd place wudda been his. Have to say, shows how competative it is this season, 4 teams in the top 4 and the 5 best drives finishing 1-5 and i would also probably rank them in that very order. Brill race.

Im nervous now though that malaysia will see many of these guys fall back due to engine failures. Lets hope im wrong.

B) I wouldn't get to excited ecap as we all know if it hadn't been for Kimis 21st starting position he would've swept past the field, his was the drive of the race hands down!!

kimi benefitted from having to make 1 less stop so that gained him 20 secs at least anyway!

kimi benefitted from having to make 1 less stop so that gained him 20 secs at least anyway!

Which makes his run all that more remarkable, running on full tanks and tires that have to put up with all of that extra weight for more laps..............

Indeed great showing from Fernando....but the result was mostly down to him than down to his car,Ferrari are still the dominating force

Huh? Alonso stuffed his qualifying, otherwise he would have been on pole, and this is with more fuel on board. Even in the car he was mostly coasting along, and the way he got past Massa shows where the car stands.

Its the Schumi factor :clap3::clap3:

:eusa_think:

what do you mean by benifitted?? He had problems in qualification...and he was forced to start from back of the field...and accordingly, Mclaren changed the pitstops from 2 to 1....is purely...stratagic move...

ya, he has to stop only one time..but, to begin with, he has to carry tank full of petrol....and what do you think...its not a disadvantage??

Which makes his run all that more remarkable, running on full tanks and tires that have to put up with all of that extra weight for more laps..............

exactly !!!

Montoya started from 5th and ended with 5th....

no not really, 1 stop strategies are very good and they will benefit

:bangin::bangin:

Kimi was the man from 20th to 3rd what a drive. And he got caught in traffic behind the BMW. He could have been alot closeer to the front if he passed him straight away.

The race was brilliant loved the whole thing :D

shows u though, he may have done that but the honda is still superior as once he got past JB (through pits i may add) he cudnt shake him off and Jb was closer to him right at the end. Shows mclaren have a lott work to do

Agree with you there. Mclaren do have alot of work to do. Montoya showed that he had a rubbish drive. He should have been right up there. But honda also have alot of work todo

honda dont. there lap times were very consistent and just as good as renault nd ferraris and button had a clutch problem so thats why his start was Sh#t and rubens was missing 3rd gear! Honda are actuially stronger than that.

I just wish Button could bloody start the car - He would have been in the mix of Alonso/Schumacher had he not started in reverse gear! Mind you, I think Massa should have won over taking move of the day. He overtook Alonso sideways!

honda dont. there lap times were very consistent and just as good as renault nd ferraris and button had a clutch problem so thats why his start was Sh#t and rubens was missing 3rd gear! Honda are actuially stronger than that.

Hadn't heard that anywhere, although it would make sense, as Button had a really slow start on the formation lap as well! If thats the case, roll on Malaysia!

B) I wouldn't get to excited ecap as we all know if it hadn't been for Kimis 21st starting position he would've swept past the field, his was the drive of the race hands down!!

Naaa...

Its just that Kimi has a LOT of experience starting at the back... :lol:

true ecap! And yes, check out hondas website, it was a clutch problem and that is why he didnt move off the grid during the formation lap for ages.

It was a good race. Alonso's move coming out of the pits was brilliant. Another victory for Alonso, and his nerves of steel.

Kimi drove a good race and to finish on the podium was impressive. However Alonso pulled off some great moves and won the race, so in my books the drive of the day goes to him.

Not a great day for BMW. With such bullet proof performance in testing it is sad to see them lose and engine. JV drove well, and the car must have been good, as Kimi took a long time to get around him.

Massa pulled a boner today, and then Ferrari really made him pay for his mistake with that crap pitstop. Massa did a good job keeping the engine running and the spin cost him a place, but the pitstop totally wiped out his race.

Jenson could have challenged for victory today had he not had a Sh#te start and got held up by barriSh#to, and then monty. Since he was heavier on fuel, as was alonso, makes their quali seem better than schumi's as he was light. Honda deffo have a car capable of challenging for both titles, they just needa bit of luck and stop ****ing things up like gearboxs and clutch's

:D give credit where it's due, Kimi had the drive of the race hands down, plus the added task of passing Sato at the start and 4 more times :blush:

Massa did exactly what many of us expected him to. He dropped it.

JB did what I expected him to. He qualified well and botched the start. If it was a clutch problem then fair enough, but it worked ok in the stops, didn't it? There is much to do at Honda.

:D give credit where it's due, Kimi had the drive of the race hands down, plus the added task of passing Sato at the start and 4 more times :blush:

Agreed. Nico a close second, I'd say.

Jenson could have challenged for victory today had he not had a Sh#te start and got held up by barriSh#to, and then monty. Since he was heavier on fuel, as was alonso, makes their quali seem better than schumi's as he was light. Honda deffo have a car capable of challenging for both titles, they just needa bit of luck and stop ****ing things up like gearboxs and clutch's

You are clearly delluded by your love for Jenson. Honda have much work to do and do not have a car capable of challenging for both titles, not at the moment anyway.

True. His out laps were markedly slower than M$ and FA, even allowing for the pit crew sending him out into traffic each time.

JB did what I expected him to. He qualified well and botched the start. If it was a clutch problem then fair enough, but it worked ok in the stops, didn't it? There is much to do at Honda.

Agree with you on that 100%, while Rubens had a mech. problem to blame the clutch just doesn't wash otherwise he would have had problems when he pitted and I just watched the replay with that in mind and he had no problems in the pits. I'm afraid Button just got beat and by better cars and drivers. While true Schumi had light fuel on his first stint the FIA didn't give them credit for one lap in the 3rd round of qualifing which dropped their fuel load, but like men they aren't useing that to cry about.........

Massa did exactly what many of us expected him to. He dropped it.

He did make a mistake but the carnage at his pit was a much bigger problem. He didn't even lose a postion on his spin, and with the strategy he was running, the earlier pitstop, because of him flat spotting the tires, would not have effected his race if the pit stop had gone well.