Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

Another "Lucky" Win For Alonso!

I agree Kiko,

No doubt Kimi drove a great race but there are some points that need to be made about his race:

-Starting from the back of the grid in a quick car you have the advantage that you dont have qualifying fuel & can have a 1 stop load.

-The truth is that one stops possibly make drivers look quicker than they are since they are passing Aguris & Midlands at the back of the grid whereas they would be a sitting duck against the front runners.

Look, Kimi had so much fuel he couldn't even hassel JV in the first third of the race.

-As we saw at the end of the race on track pace he was no quicker than Button!

i would like to add some points...

as KR was starting from p 22 the team would have installed a new engine ,gearbox, etc,etc...

so his was effectively a brand new car..and they could work on the set up for the race even whilst the others were busy "qualifying" ...so all in all it is not as rosy as it looks...

I have to say it was a great start to the new season. Ithink it is much better with the v8s. Was really impressed with how alonso drove. And was brilliant when he came out the pits to take micheal. I was very disappointed with montoya he should have done much better. Kimi was my driver of the day. I know most of you will disagree with me but he came from last to 3rd.

I think fernando is the man just because he won in the way he did, Kimi got an amazing thrid meanwhile Fernando got an amazing victorie. If he would have won with no rivals i

as KR was starting from p 22 the team would have installed a new engine ,gearbox, etc,etc...

so his was effectively a brand new car..and they could work on the set up for the race even whilst the others were busy "qualifying" ...so all in all it is not as rosy as it looks...

I strongly disagree with you. Anyway all the teams would have had their set up sorted out, so Kimi didnt get an 'advantage' by having more time to set his car up.

And what are u on about saying he would have been given a new engine????

I'm no kimi fan but he was the best driver out there

Kimi drove like a champ!

Fernando and Michael had an awesome fight which Fernando won just like Micheal used to win, by a hair.

Dont understand how cars could be having clutch problems when they have minus 200 horsepower.

We are in for a fantastic year. Viva la Formula Uno

Kimi drove an excellant race. He could not get passed JV as he had a full tank. And at the end of the race he had no reason to go quicker than button so might aswell save the engine a bit for the next race

that would seem most un-kimi-ish, last year he had a fast lap on the last lap of the race.

that would seem most un-kimi-ish, last year he had a fast lap on the last lap of the race.

Yeah, looking after the equipment seems not to be one of Kimi

1 Rosberg WilliamsF1 B

1:32.408

131.130 mph

2 M Schumacher Ferrari B

1:32.523

+ 0.115

3 Alonso Renault M

1:32.534

+ 0.126

4 Webber WilliamsF1 B

1:32.660

+ 0.252

5 Button Honda M

1:32.729

+ 0.321

6Massa Ferrari B

1:32.739

+ 0.331

7 Montoya McLaren M

1:32.771

+ 0.363

8 Raikkonen McLaren M

1:32.864

+ 0.456

9 Speed Toro Rosso M

1:33.108

+ 0.700

10 Klien Red Bull M

1:33.212

+ 0.804

11 Coulthard Red Bull M

1:33.376

+ 0.968

Sorry for taking up so much space, these are pitpass's fastest laptimes, 1-11, i'm showing this because i'm just a little bit confused...

Raikkonen and Montoya have the same equipment, apparently Montoya had engine mapping problems, that leaves him down on power, but he still came fifth. According to Whitmarsh Montoya had " a number of different modes of operation with the engine. We have economy, super economy and full mode and certainly in the lesser modes of control there was something in the engine that we were trying to track down all weekend that gave him a slight element of disadvantage. Note, IN THE LESSER MODES OF CONTROL...but when he was low on petrol he could put in a lap FASTER than Raikkonen. Weird. I'm getting even more confused now. In Testing during the silly season, we had Raikkonen putting in fastest laps (i'm talking the last month of testing), i never heard or read that from Montoya, my guess is the dude is struggling with that new car, while Raikkonen adapted quicker. Anyway, for how many laps were Raikkonen stuck behind Villeneue, 10-12+-? Lapping in the 1min 34-35. True, he was on a one stopper but just how much time did Raikkonen lose? How far behind Michael(who was leading) were Raikkonen? He's losing about 1.5 to 2 seconds per las!!! we don't know, but he ended up ahead of Montoya and Button (who had his fair share of bad luck i admit). I'm really confused now. When Alonso and Michael came out of their first pitstops, SUDDENLY Raikkonen were behind them. 7 seconds... a few laps later when he went for his only pitstop, he's 5 seconds behind them while he was closing in on them, on used tyres! Remember how Michael and Alonso were putting in fastest laps on new tyres? Note, he's 0.4 seconds off Michael and Alonso's fastest pace, check the times if you don't believe me. Now I'm totally confused!!!

This brings to light what i've mentioned b4. Raikkonen is currently the fastest driver in F1 LAP FOR LAP. Even if you, Nairan fan, claim he had a new gearbox, new engine (highly unlikely) etc etc, for THAT performance, he certainly deserved man of the race. Any questions Narain fan?

I strongly disagree with you. Anyway all the teams would have had their set up sorted out, so Kimi didnt get an 'advantage' by having more time to set his car up.
even during the sessiomn (quali) mechanics were working on the car "franctically"
And what are u on about saying he would have been given a new engine????
:rolleyes2:

even during the sessiomn (quali) mechanics were working on the car "franctically"

:rolleyes2:

Thats because his car was smashed up!!!!