Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Montoya - Is He Even Good Enough For Red Bull

Start - KR 22nd, Monty 5th

finish - KR 3rd Monty 4th

So he is slower and crashes more.

The most overrated driver on the grid, I think it should be back to 'merica for him.

yes that too.

Too many pies :snack::icecream::hungary::pepsi1:

Yes, unless he had a problem he was really shocking. Worse than usual even. I thought he might improve this year but so far the signs are that he's gone the opposite way.

Very very disappointing, but not unexpected. Still, 'tis but the start of the season so let's be generous and give him another chance.

Very very disappointing, but not unexpected. Still, 'tis but the start of the season so let's be generous and give him another chance.

Wow, that is generous. I'm surprised he found his way around Connie well enough to father a child. He sure didn't seem to know his way around Sakir.

Yes indeed they must surly find a place for him to eat more pies :hungary:

im not defenging him but if you think that he started 5th, he had Alonso Button MS and Massa ahead of him. Kimi had Sato and Ide. getting the first 12 places is like playing any racing game on easy where your car just accelerates 10 times faster then the others.

also, every time any of the top guys start on the back row its always, OMG so amazing, but its really not. Kimis only real comp is MS alonso and Button, any of the cars before that are just obsticles. if he had started 4th or so and he would have gotten 3rd nobody would be saying anything.

im not defenging him but if you think that he started 5th, he had Alonso Button MS and Massa ahead of him. Kimi had Sato and Ide. getting the first 12 places is like playing any racing game on easy where your car just accelerates 10 times faster then the others.

also, every time any of the top guys start on the back row its always, OMG so amazing, but its really not. Kimis only real comp is MS alonso and Button, any of the cars before that are just obsticles. if he had started 4th or so and he would have gotten 3rd nobody would be saying anything.

I do agree with some of your statements but Kimi was amazing today, from last to third in a race where 10 cars were pretty competitive. :clap3: Just as good as Fernando.

Montoya is light years away from Kimi

Where's Senna? :mellow:

Lost in cyberspace??

You're right that people go over the top whenever someone comes through from the back like that - but its not often they beat their own team mate convincingly. Its not like Monty was held up, rather it was he who held up Button, who easily passed him twice but found Kimi rather different. JPM was miles off the pace yesterday and if he doesn't improve quickly I can see him getting a repeat of last year's pasting.

Senna, we need a detailed breakdown of just how badly JPM performed last year...

I want to be like Montoya. I want to drive a F1 just for fun and make a lot of laps and make mileage even in the championship and as he said: score some points.

B)

yes, montoya was shocking yesterday. he was completely invisible except for when he was being overtaken by button, twice. and as someone rightly said earlier, button couldn't do the same to kimi in the same car...he really needs to step up his game

Well, i do recall Montoya car having problem keeping pace earlier this week, but team opted not to change the engine so it is quite possible that his car was bit underpowered.

It's the first gp of the season so why make such a big deal on Montoya performance.

KR did a good job but so has JP....I really doubt that Mclaren could win yesterday even if KR would be in top5 on the grid!!!

It's the first gp of the season so why make such a big deal on Montoya performance.

KR did a good job but so has JP....I really doubt that Mclaren could win yesterday even if KR would be in top5 on the grid!!!

The only reason McLaren were unable to win yesterday was Kimi had to compromise his fuel strategy in quali......JPM had a great fuel strategy, but unfit people cant concentrate and be quick for long 1st stints....I think most Montoya fans are used to pulling the old"its only first race of the season" story----If i was paying his wages it would be the first race of his last season

Autosport/

McLaren will begin investigations this week in a bid to get on top of the minor engine problems that marred Juan Pablo Montoya's Bahrain Grand Prix weekend.

The Colombian suffered from engine mapping issues that left him down on power compared to teammate Kimi Raikkonen when the engine was in certain modes - and that played a part in his disappointing start to the campaign.

McLaren F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh has said the team are hoping that they get time this week to track down the problem and resolve it before the action gets underway in Malaysia on Friday.

"I think we had some issues over the weekend with Montoya's engine," explained Whitmarsh.

"We have a number of different modes of operation with the engine. We have economy, super economy and full mode and certainly in the lesser modes of control there was something in the engine that we were trying to track down all weekend that gave him a slight element of disadvantage.

"It's the same engine this weekend but we have got a bit more time to study it now. We cannot change the mechanics of the engine but we are allowed to change the software and the mapping.

"With a bit of detailed analysis maybe we can find something there to give him more confidence in the operating regimes of the engine."

Autosport/

McLaren will begin investigations this week in a bid to get on top of the minor engine problems that marred Juan Pablo Montoya's Bahrain Grand Prix weekend.

The Colombian suffered from engine mapping issues that left him down on power compared to teammate Kimi Raikkonen when the engine was in certain modes - and that played a part in his disappointing start to the campaign.

McLaren F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh has said the team are hoping that they get time this week to track down the problem and resolve it before the action gets underway in Malaysia on Friday.

"I think we had some issues over the weekend with Montoya's engine," explained Whitmarsh.

"We have a number of different modes of operation with the engine. We have economy, super economy and full mode and certainly in the lesser modes of control there was something in the engine that we were trying to track down all weekend that gave him a slight element of disadvantage.

"It's the same engine this weekend but we have got a bit more time to study it now. We cannot change the mechanics of the engine but we are allowed to change the software and the mapping.

"With a bit of detailed analysis maybe we can find something there to give him more confidence in the operating regimes of the engine."

I wonder what tires J.P.M. was on compared to Kimi's choice of harder selection. Next race is tough on engines and I will not be surprised to see more straight out engine changes before the race. It may not even matter to the top teams should they do it as its obvious they will most likely just go through the field anyways and be back into the points.

J.V. and D.C. are getting new ones when these two BMW + Ferrari units should of been reliable.

Danger! Danger!

Will Robinson!!!..........careful Dr. Smith *as the Jupiter 2 wildly rocks back-n-forth and sparks fly*(Dr. Smith) 'quiet you ninny'!! to the Robot as it's metal arms wildly swing to-n-fro.............