Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honda

Rosberg A Dark Horse For 2006

williams driver nico rosberg just showed what he is able to do in bahrain and with the williams car looking very good we could have a suprice for 06.only for his early crash with heidfield he would definitely have put immence presure under montoya button and raikkonen.he manourved a brillaint overtaking on coultard and many more drivers.in my opionion rosberg is a deninfte dark horse for 06

He did show he is a good driver. But it was only the first race and also williams are no were near as straong as mclaren and renault

He did show he is a good driver. But it was only the first race and also williams are no were near as straong as mclaren and renault

Nico Rosberg still put in a good effort and racing performance with the Williams. Williams has gone through alot of changes with both engine and tires , then a new Rookie driver to boot. The result was good.

No matter how the reliability of some second drivers did for the Bahrain race (Fishi/Rubens/J.V.) & Massa's pitstop 'hold up' put back or out of the contention these rivals, Williams reliability with Cosworth power gave the proper F1 car for the job and Nico came through on a track he does know. :thbup:

Now next race is a track Nico has not been on testing before and the temperatures grip levels etc. will be all different again including the potential that these rival drivers will be given better reliability/performance to make through to the end this time and Nico may not be so easy to recover from an early mistake.

Anything can happen of course ..... should Nico have race pace on a track (Sepang) he does not know , then I think he will be strong for the rest of the year ... Williams may have reliability better than others which can lead to race finish surprises. -_-

what is a dark horse?

A "dark Horse" is a term which means as someone/something who is not considered a favourite as they may be youthful or inexperienced, but may cause a surprise.

I think after only 1 race it is way too early to say. Rosberg did well, but Webber did better. Rosberg made some good passes but he wouldnt have been behind these cars if he hadnt spun in qualifying. He had a very impressive debut though

I think after only 1 race it is way too early to say. Rosberg did well, but Webber did better. Rosberg made some good passes but he wouldnt have been behind these cars if he hadnt spun in qualifying. He had a very impressive debut though

You

I agree.

Rosberg inspite of having a good race still made two major c0ck ups over the weekend. The start & Quali, so he is far from been a world class challenger at this stage. Besides that, the Renault's, Ferrari's, Mclaren's & Honda's are all qulicker than Williams anyway.

webber qualified 7th and drove without mistakes. Rosberg had an impressive race passing people cos he put himself far back by spinning in quali

Rosberg was good but made mistakes, not unexpected considering his first f1 race. and to finish that close to webber is good

Yeah it is, but Webber really didn't need to push the car so I think Webber had a fair bit in reserve. He was wise to save the car for Malaysia and get some points whilst doing so as the others were a fair bit ahead of him. Taking nothing away from Nico though as he was very impressive (his start crash into Nick apart of course).