Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saj

A Rule Change In F1

10 GRID PLACE PENELTY  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Is it totally fair

• YES - Its fair by all means
    • 50/50 - OK
    • NO - Its not fair at all
  2. 2. Is the suggestion Fair

• Yes
    • No
    • Do not understand

Have an idea.

I propose a rule change with regards to the current as I see it as "not fair" on the driver or the team (depending on the situation) when an engine change is required. THE 10 PLACE DOWN GRID PENELTY.

If the engine is required to be changed prior to its forced life time (2 races weekends), I feel the penelties should be as follows :

CASE 1 - Engine change not due to an accident but due to a mechanical issue.

Since it has nothing to do with the induvidual driver, the points scored in the previous race + current by the particular car should be deducted from the Constructors Total but NOT from the induvidual driver's collection. If the car had not scored yet, nothing can be deducted.

eg: MS completes Bahrain in 3rd place and immediately after crossing the line, the engine fails. Needs an engine change for Malaysia. FM completes the race in 6th place.

Points should be (without engine failure)

MS - 6

FM - 3

Ferrari - 9

Since there is an engine change on MS's car, the points when the Malaysian GP starts should read as

MS - 6

FM - 3

Ferrari - (9-6) = 3

NO GRID PENELTY

CASE 2 - Engine change is due to an accident and is proir to its expected life time.

Since an induvidual driver is involved, the points scored in the previous race by the particular driver should be deducted from the his total but NOT from the teams collection. If the car had not scored yet, nothing can be deducted.

eg: MS completes Bahrain in 3rd place and FM completes the race in 6th place.

Points should be (without engine failure)

MS - 6

FM - 3

Ferrari - 9

FM has an accident during qualifying for Malaysia and an engine change is required due to the damage caused to engine during the accident. Immediately the points should no read as -

MS - 6

FM - (3-3) = 0

Ferrari - 9

NO GRID PENELTY

Your thoughts ?

I agree changes need to be made but i dont think taking points away from people is the answer. A point in formula 1 means different things to different teams. Take Midland for example, 1 point is very important to them and it would be devistating if they lost it compared to a team like Renault who wouldnt mind that much if they lost a point or two.

B) Points are the life-blood of any F1 team big or small taking points for anything other than rules violations is not acceptable

the answer is SIMPLE..

DUMP the 2 race per engine rule, DON'T allow Qualifying engines, but make a rule where the engine used to Qualify MUST be used in That Race Meeting .

Would have to change the racing as it is now. At the moment racing is all about Conserving the Engine for the next race!

AND THIS IS THE PINACLE OF MOTOR SPORT ?

Come on Rule Makers the Viewers/spectators DESERVE more then this "limit the rev's 'cause the engine won't last for the next meeting" scenario BS....

Although it's interesting, I must say that I dont agree with you.

Why deduct points, why lost 10 places on the grid???? Stupid rule from its beginning!

Bring back the old rule...as many engines as you like without penalties!!!

but make a rule where the engine used to Qualify MUST be used in That Race Meeting .

I agree. Isn't that the format we had back in 2003?