Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lyria

Team Mates

Harsh!

Geez with just over 1100 members registered to the forum do you really think it is worthwhile advertising here. It's just sharing a nice little hobby website with fellow fans. Are you guys over 50 by any chance?

Please tell.

Harsh!

Geez with just over 1100 members registered to the forum do you really think it is worthwhile advertising here.

this is precisely the reason why u seem to have registered

i had a look at the vision f1 replay and it was quite fun but dont want to see it advertised on various topics!

It appears so. The site is entertaining for a couple of minutes, but then got bored of it, worth a little look but dont want to be pestered by the creator!

This website www.visionf1.com is awesome. It shows an animated replay of the races i.e. dots going around a track.

It has a Polls section where Rosberg is ahead of Webber 68% to 32% to get more points this year. visionf1 poll page

Is that accurate i.e. does it show precisely what happened? If so, that

I like it, as far as it goes. A good idea. Constant development will make it better still.

Senna lives!

It is accurate and based on lap times and pit times from each race.

Impressive. I noticed you only cover the races from late 2005 onwards. Have you any intention to include historic races?

I like it, as far as it goes. A good idea. Constant development will make it better still.

I like it too :thbup:

as do I. But i'll tell ou what I don't like, and thats Narain fan the d#ckhead! LOL

Impressive. I noticed you only cover the races from late 2005 onwards. Have you any intention to include historic races?

Any races in particular? As long as laptime data is easily available for all drivers I can set it up. I need to see how far back the source of my data goes. I think it is probably only a couple of years. Unless someone knows where to get historic data from?

Any races in particular? As long as laptime data is easily available for all drivers I can set it up. I need to see how far back the source of my data goes. I think it is probably only a couple of years.

I

Don't be so negative cavarillo. Have you seen the site? It's one for the fans brother.

Whatever. make a thread in the cafe. Dont mention it in every single post. Does it even take sector times into account?

In my opinion, all those drivers who became champions, deserved to be champions. Yes, even Jacques Villeneuve
You do know I'm going to have to hold you to that mate. :lol:
Yes, not supporting anyone, after having done so for quite some time, felt awkward for a while but one soon adapts. I feel that not supporting anyone in particular allows the viewer to better enjoy and absorb the race than be constantly wondering how your driver/team is doing, often to the detriment of the race itself and your subsequent enjoyment of it.

I got a small dose of that in 2004, it was hard, but exactly as Senna describes it.

he was greedy going to BAR.
He wanted a fresh challenge, money wasn't a major factor. Besides, if it were he'd have gone to Benetton in '01. Sure, money always plays a part, but it's necessity in the deal to bring JV to the team is overhyped. JV and Craig long harboured an opportunity to go into F1 together and the opportunity arose. Sure it backfired spectacularly, but at least he can say he had the balls to try something out.
He certainly made plenty of it. If he was going for wins leaving Williams was a poor choice and he paid (and got paid) for it. Given how close JPM got to the title in 2003 I think JV might have had a good chance. As it happened things worked out rather differently that year in particular...

Everything is always clear in hindsight my friend. Sure, we may be talking about JV as a 2 or 3 time WDC had things worked out differently and he moved to McLaren or stayed at Williams, but that's how it goes.

Hmm. He sounds a bit gullible from your description. I had always considered him to be quite smart.

Not gullible, loyal my friend.

not surprising,the Buttonite cant understand it ;)

:lol: So true! Loyalty is something not enough people have these days, it's all me, me, me regardless of the consequences sadly

Everything is always clear in hindsight my friend. Sure, we may be talking about JV as a 2 or 3 time WDC had things worked out differently and he moved to McLaren or stayed at Williams, but that's how it goes.

True but I think it was pretty clear in '98 and if not then then soon afterwards that he was throwing away his career. If he had an offer from Mclaren he really should have taken it I think, even Williams. I can't understand why he didn't.

Not gullible, loyal my friend.

:lol: He is certainly loyal but Lyria says "his best friend sold him a dream" that they'd win their first race together. Anyone who believed that was pretty gullible imho. Btw ever thought of a career as a spin-doctor nojvnof1, you get plenty of practice?

not surprising,the Buttonite cant understand it ;)

Loyalty is vastly over-rated imo. In any case lets not forget that JV was paid hansomely for his loyalty. Its not like he did it solely out of the goodness of his heart.

Loyalty is vastly over-rated imo. In any case lets not forget that JV was paid hansomely for his loyalty. Its not like he did it solely out of the goodness of his heart.

Indeed, indeed....................

In any case lets not forget that JV was paid hansomely for his loyalty. Its not like he did it solely out of the goodness of his heart.
True, but could that not be abit of an insurance in case everything goes bust (which it did) or if something happened to him. It's also about supply and demand. At the time, there was Michael, Mika and Jacques as the top 3 drivers in the sport.
True but I think it was pretty clear in '98 and if not then then soon afterwards that he was throwing away his career. If he had an offer from Mclaren he really should have taken it I think, even Williams. I can't understand why he didn't.

On Williams, I understand he had an offer to stay for '99 and again another offer at the end of '99 (which is the one he should have taken of the two).

On McLaren, I really don't see him fitting in with that team. Sure the car would be great, but I don't see he and Ron getting along. It would have been interesting though.

He is certainly loyal but Lyria says "his best friend sold him a dream" that they'd win their first race together. Anyone who believed that was pretty gullible imho. Btw ever thought of a career as a spin-doctor nojvnof1, you get plenty of practice?

I disagree about that. Craig long harboured an ambition to run an F1 team with Adrian Reynard. Should Jacques drive for them, even better. A deal was struck and a few key members went on saying alot of garbage, especially about winning it's first race. That isn't what was sold to JV. What JV did was play a part in his manager's dream and see how it goes. I have no problem with his signing for the first two years, it's the deal he signed in the middle of '00 for '01-'03 which irks me, and JV has admitted this too. It took balls to risk everything, in this case, his reputation, his career. Sure it backfired massively, but at least he gave it a go.

As for me being a spin doctor, I just call it as I see it mate, no spin doctoring from me I assure you :lol: