Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

9 Teams To Take Action Against Ferrari!!

Nine of the eleven F1 teams have told the FIA this morning that they intend to make a protest after the Malaysian Grand Prix. The teams - everyone except Ferrari and its engine customer Red Bull - will protest against Ferrari's rear wing and front wing flexibility at speed and seek clarification from the FIA on whether they can design similar systems - if they are officially cleared after protest.

SOURCE F1RACING.NET

Finally....now it's up to Max!!! 2 race penalty would be nice....just like last year with BAR!!!!

If they are cheating, which judging by the onboard camera shots it looks very odd and yes i would say its flexing too much (both wings!) then they should be banned for twi races and their points from malaysia taken away just as BAR last year! Though they wont as ferrari can get away with murder!

Though they wont as ferrari can get away with murder!

Good point there!!! I still don't understand why FIA has double standards when it comes to team penalty!!!

Good point there!!! I still don't understand why FIA has double standards when it comes to team penalty!!!

Maybe for "historical contribution"?!? :nono1::nono1:

FIArrari have to be banned!

Yes, Ban them for two races and strip them of points from Bahrain and Malaysia.

I just wish Max would grow some balls and stand up to Ferrari.

i read somewhere that Ferrari is going to change the rear wings for australia......if they (ferrari) is taking action so immediately, then it means their wings were realy flexing too much and do not fit in the rules !!

To all of the above :roll::roll::roll:

New flexing Ferrari wings

Nine of the eleven F1 teams have told the FIA this morning that they intend to make a protest against Ferrari's rear wing after the Malaysian GP. Ferrari announced that they will use a new rear wing in Australia. The other teams won't protest if the FIA can garantuee that the new rear wing will be in accordance with the regulations.

Apart from the supposedly illegal rear wing, there is also been going on a lot about the flexing of their double plane front wing.

Although being found legal by the FIA, it is an interesting principle not discovered by Honda who are also using a double planed front wing. The idea is that the front wing flexes down at high speeds. Nothing new you would think, as all front wings bend down under the air pressure at high speeds, but Ferrari allow so even with a second plane on the wing. It is beneficial to have the wing's ends bend down, since a low-to-the-ground wing generates downforce by low pressure under the wing (like a diffuser).

While at Honda the upper plane is fixed to the nose cone and therefore preventing flexing, at Ferrari that is done with a pin that only prevents the upper plane from moving vertically. Any movement parallel to the ground is possible.

More can be found in our forum:

source: http://www.f1technical.net/news/2236

PS: Its not like anti ferrari move...but, if they are not according to rules and regulations...they sorry..!!!

Said it before and i'll say it again. Ferrari has lot all credibility over the last decade due to it's lack of honesty and sportmanship

I'm going to be non biased.

If Ferrari are changing it quickly, there is a problem. However, remember, if Michelin's tires in 2003 were actually legal, why did they change them so quickly? That's all for now.

:eusa_think: New there was something fishy with that Ferrari. On one lap he must of made up atleast 0.5sec on the Pit straight on another car. I just hope they get what they deserve. :mf_tongue:

I guess your're a ferrari fan?? :eusa_think: It's good to see ferrari so far behind even when they're cheating :clap3::clap3::clap3:

I guess your're a ferrari fan?? :eusa_think: It's good to see ferrari so far behind even when they're cheating :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Yeah...it's always good to see them behind.But it was just because of bad luck..they are still the favourites..SADLY

but guys this is FERRARI we are talking about here, not some down the order team , and WHEN has MAX MOZ ever rulled against Ferrari ???????

It wont happen

2 Things for the antis..

Martin Brundle on ITV said that Mclaren have also been advised to get a different rear wing to Melbourne.

and this

Fry also revealed that two of the eight teams that have signed the letter against Ferrari are operating similar flexi-wings.

"Anyone who is not an engineer can see from the TV pictures and make their own conclusions. Two other teams are in the same situation, and ironically they are part of the eight.

"We had a nice conversation with Charlie Whiting late morning today and we took his word that it will be fixed for Melbourne."

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/50266

Oh and Mclaren's front wing is illegal too :rolleyes:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/3258/animation11lv.gif

Craig Scarborough. from Autosport Report :

"For many years (and in Sepang this weekend) on-car footage has shown many front wings flex at high speed, although this has never been seized upon by other teams or the FIA before."

"Drooping front wings were, by coincidence, something that Ferrari were accused of in 2000, and an FIA test - to see if the wing drooped, by placing a load on the endplate - was introduced back then.

As the Ferrari current front wing has passed this long-standing test, it is deemed legal within the wording of the current rule-book."

Could the fact that Ferrari have stated they'll have a new wing in Melbourne be an admission of guilt in a way? That also goes to those changing their wings as a result of this impending protests, not only Ferrari.

No, if Ferrari could have been convicted then the teams would have launched an official protest. But things are too gray for any such decision to happen, the current position seems to be that if you have that element not connected to the noce cone in any way and it bends as it has done for other teams, its legal. However if its attached with a flexible mount that seems to control its movement, its illegal. The rules are very clear on that which is why the teams have asked for a clarification. If Ferrari have to change, they would have lost a lot of valuable wind tunnel time, and can claim to be aggreived like Mclaren were with their fancy brake system. But thats the way it goes.

for people drawing parellals with BAR thats just crazy. BAR were clearly in violation of the rules - their cars were underweight with no fuel in them. all black and white really.