Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nichosnz

NO TC Ban for 2004

At a meeting the teams and the FIA have unamously (apparently) decided...

Launch control and Automatics are still to be banned starting next year :D , but Traction control will be allowed. :angry:

The no refueling after qualifing rule is to stay, despite hopes it would go. :(

Not suprised at these ones but not what I would have liked, however losing LC and Autos is something.

Pit to Car telemetry ban has been scrapped. :)

Again not suprised but am happy with this.

1 engine rule is still being persued, but it is believed multi race engines will be canned, if engines are made affordable to all teams. :P

To be honest I thought the FIA would persue the multi race engine, I am so glad that they have not. I can see the point in the 1 engine rule, and do not think it will make to much difference to most viewers, except when a top driver is fighting further down the field having had an engine change.

I was actually quite shocked to get the press release on the situation at this point of the year, I thought it would have taken a bit more to settle everything...

I actually do not know my current stance on traction control. Coulthard and Schumacher have both, along with their teammates, made good arguments to why traction control isn't exactly a bad thing. There are certain techniques that one needs to master with traction control, and if you use it wrong then you just make the situation not so good. I believe how traction control works in F1 is that the drivers still use the accelerator similarly to without TC, just that now they have the chance to step on it much faster and without the risk of overdoing it..

Good thing that Launch Control goes, can't wait to see starts now!! :D Automatics make no difference, now they'll just be hitting a paddle which is all the same. It will open up the potential to mistakes though, as one can notice when racing in real life (shift down one too many, and you're likely to spin, Hakkinen Monza 1999 :) )

Pit to car should be in F1, because it warns the pits if the car is about to explode and is a safety risk..

One engine rule is OK, and I don't think multirace will ever come to F1. Since the new parc ferme rules stay, the teams aren't able to change engines after Saturday anyway :P

i wish they banned TC, i think i'd help mistakes come from drivers, and we all know hat helps make a race more exciting...i'd hope MS would be the one making most of them though :lol: