Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Hands Of Nico Says Williams

After just two races other teams are already sniffing around the Williams garage trying to suss out just how committed the Grove based squad is to their new driver, Nico Rosberg. After a strong performance in Bahrain, and then qualifying third in Malaysia, ahead of his more experienced teammate, Mark Webber, other teams are looking after the contractual side of the 20-year old German.

According to our spies in Malaysia, McLaren team boss Ron Dennis didn

After just two races other teams are already sniffing around the Williams garage trying to suss out just how committed the Grove based squad is to their new driver, Nico Rosberg. After a strong performance in Bahrain, and then qualifying third in Malaysia, ahead of his more experienced teammate, Mark Webber, other teams are looking after the contractual side of the 20-year old German.

According to our spies in Malaysia, McLaren team boss Ron Dennis didn

Nothing wrong with pinching a few drivers. The point is that Ron is currently enjoying a surplus of talent. Alonso coming in, Kimi might stay, Hamilton and Paffett ready on the sidelines. There is, for the time being at least, no need for Nico at Mclaren. If he egnites the world from now and till 2009 one might see a Mclaren swoop for his services. :naughty:

Nico is hot property because he is doing something in the sport no one has done in ten years - make people sit up and watch a rookie driver.

It's great that he is contracted to Williams till '09 as this will give him a stable platform to hone his F1 race craft and undeniable engineering ability. He will overtake Webber by mid-season without a doubt in my mind over driver status at Williams.

Nico is hot property because he is doing something in the sport no one has done in ten years - make people sit up and watch a rookie driver.

I remember people sitting up very much when Button, Montoya and Raikkonen were rookies

One might understand NicoFan for being biased and enthusiastic when his #1 guy gets all this good press. Nevertheless, getting up does not mean anything. People get up to give Ide his seat in the paddock all the time :D

Is it just me in thinking that people are 'hyping' Nico just a little to much and going a little overboard considering he's only had 2 F1 races so far? I mean it's still very early.

Is it just me in thinking that people are 'hyping' Nico just a little to much and going a little overboard considering he's only had 2 F1 races so far? I mean it's still very early.

Well this is Formula 1 isnt it. Remember all the hype that Alex Zanardi got in 1999

I agree! It will be nice to have a black Jenson Button in f1, surrounded by hype in all the british newspapers!! :D

I agree! It will be nice to have a black Jenson Button in f1, surrounded by hype in all the british newspapers!! :D

Hopefully it will take him a lot less time to win than in Jenson's case...furthemore Lewis Hamilton is born on 7 july 1985 so he's one month younger than Nico and so he has time on his side

Lewis will enter F1 on merit, easily. Not because he is black, not because he is British, but because he is incredibly talented.