Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Webber's Charity Challenge

Webber's charity challenge

ITV

36077_1.jpg

Mark Webber has secured a three-year deal with the Tasmanian government to run a 600km challenge marathon to raise money for cancer charities.

The self-confessed fitness fanatic chose the week leading up to his home grand prix in Melbourne to launch the

A good cause and a difficult challenge. Webber should be praised for this initiative.

Yes, Mark is to be congratualted, I don't hear of too many other F1 Drivers going out of their way to help charities.

I read an article in F1Racing magazine where the reporter went on the tassie challenge with Mark back in 2003 and he couldn't keep up, there was some pretty serious teams entered. One from the police force's elite Special Operation Group that kept Mark's team very honest throughout the ordeal.

Cheers

:clap3: Well done Mark, setting up a Challenge of this size in the limited time he has available is admirable achievement :clap3:

I don't hear of too many other F1 Drivers going out of their way to help charities.

Very true. If i earned $50 million a year like MS then i would donate at least 30 of it to charity.

Webber is a classy guy, this is a great way to give back. He challenges himself and it keeps him fit but he also raises money for a worthy cause and he creates awarness by doing this as well. Celebrities creating awarness does more for charity than them just signing something like he said.

Very true. If i earned $50 million a year like MS then i would donate at least 30 of it to charity.

To be fair we dont know if he and others dont. A lot of famous people just like you and I may not want it to be public knowledge of what they give over to charity. Some can be quite humble in that aspect.

But as I said above Webber is doing it in a real good way, raising awarness by doing his bit to raise money.

Money is so easily given away when you are earning so much, but to give time and dedication to a cause like this shows the true nature of someone.

Makes you realise there are more to these people than what they say in a press release.

Long may it continue.

Money is so easily given away when you are earning so much, but to give time and dedication to a cause like this shows the true nature of someone.

Makes you realise there are more to these people than what they say in a press release.

Long may it continue.

Well, Mark has gained a reputation for his charitable endeavours but can you name any other drivers that do what he does? I can

MS gave 10 Euros to the tsunami in 04,

senna, ever heard of the Michael schumacher/unicef charity soccer games, or whatever they are called, MS alot of famous athleits play a game of soccer and all the ticket revenue is given to charity, he was the one that started the whole thing

he also just played a game before this years first GP for charity

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/1yr_arc_Art...0&date=3-5-2006

Well, Mark has gained a reputation for his charitable endeavours but can you name any other drivers that do what he does?

I know Jacques runs an annual skiiing event in Villars I think for a charity, they've raised millions and he always signs up celebrities to take part, he's even skiied in it himself. I'm not sure of the exact details of it, but I'm sure they're on his site (no it's not a plug for his website for those already typing their complaints :lol: )

I can only commend Mark for what he does for charity. He organised a tennis pro am on Wednesday and both Renault and BMW Sauber drivers along with a couple others took part, all in the name of charity. So well done to Mark and those who took some time out to take part.

Yeah or maybe even start one which could pair up with an existing charity. $50mil a year is alot of dough.

I dunno if he did but didnt MS and some other drivers donate to the Tsunami appeal ? it was quite a big donation i think considering the amount of people who did give money but I think Schumi has to much money to not donate.

Yep someone answered my question lol :P