Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Savage Bliss

Who Did I Bump Into The Other Day??

A Mr. Juan Pablo Montoya...

I was sitting at a friends restaurant just yesterday on Southbank enjoying my lime and pepper calamari and glass of Nastro Azzuro, Once I

Just gonna say bit of a coincedence it was in a restaurante. You should have offered to buy him dinner, though witht eh amount he eats it would sure be expensive :lol:

Just gonna say bit of a coincedence it was in a restaurante. You should have offered to buy him dinner, though witht eh amount he eats it would sure be expensive :lol:

Yeah Southbank is known to cater for the F1 celebs around this time of year... albeit I'd never seen anyone until yesterday. He should have bought me dinner... god knows he can afford it! :P

Did he order a pie :)

Not sure if he ordered pie - not sure what he ordered! Probably everything... :lol:

I find it funny of all places you see him in a restaurant :clap3: But it nice you see many drivers. I dont see any in my area unless I go Brands Hatch (which I hardly see any for obvious reasons) and Goodwood. The driver Id least like to meet is Alonso I think. I think all this publicity hes getting is making him slightly big headed. More big headed than Id like.

I find it funny of all places you see him in a restaurant :clap3: But it nice you see many drivers. I dont see any in my area unless I go Brands Hatch (which I hardly see any for obvious reasons) and Goodwood. The driver Id least like to meet is Alonso I think. I think all this publicity hes getting is making him slightly big headed. More big headed than Id like.

Yeah even Columbian drug lords I guess have to eat at somestage.... Goodwood huh? I'll be heading there this yeah for the festival! Hopefully you poms will have some nice weather for me!??!? :P

Yeah Southbank is known to cater for the F1 celebs around this time of year... albeit I'd never seen anyone until yesterday. He should have bought me dinner... god knows he can afford it! :P

Not sure if he ordered pie - not sure what he ordered! Probably everything... :lol:

:lol:

Yeah even Columbian drug lords I guess have to eat at somestage.... Goodwood huh? I'll be heading there this yeah for the festival! Hopefully you poms will have some nice weather for me!??!? :P

Of course we will. The sun always shines on Goodwood. ^_^

Of course we will. The sun always shines on Goodwood. ^_^
Indeed it does monza. B)

Goodo! I'll pack the Brollie just incase though... :P

It would be unwise to come to England without an Umbrella!

Who else (in England) got absolutely drenched yesterday - I did

Well I guess this is as good a thread as any to tell you all about my week, Tuesday in particular.

I had a day off uni so me and a mate went into the city. We were walking down Southbank, near the Yarra River, talking about the race, and I spot Sato having lunch with someone. Silly old me forgot to take my race programme with me but my mate took his, so I told him to go get Sato's autograph. I was abit hesitant as he was having lunch, but I thought the worst he could do was tell me to get lost, but thankfully, Taku was a real gent. He signed my mates book and I wished him all the best. He's a really great guy, sure he make fun of him here, but to meet him was great, like him or not, he's an F1 driver after all.

After purchasing my BMW Sauber JV cap, I told my mate we should wait outside Crown Towers, the hotel where the drivers are staying to try to meet some drivers. In the space of two hours, we saw Ron Dennis, Juan Pablo Montoya, Scott Speed and Nico Rosberg. They all signed autographs for me, my mate and a crowd of 5 or 6 that had gathered. They were all really cool, especially Scott and Nico, they were really friendly. We went back yesterday and got Heikki Kovalainen's autograph, again, another cool dude. I told him I hoped to see him in F1 next year, he chuckled and said "yeah me too" :lol: Great guy, they all were to be fair.

Sounds like you had a really good couple of days there. I always knew Taku was a nice bloke.

Yeah he was great. As I said, I was a tad hesitant as he was at lunch, but it may never happen again so you've gotta take the chance I suppose.

Well I guess this is as good a thread as any to tell you all about my week, Tuesday in particular.

I had a day off uni so me and a mate went into the city. We were walking down Southbank, near the Yarra River, talking about the race, and I spot Sato having lunch with someone. Silly old me forgot to take my race programme with me but my mate took his, so I told him to go get Sato's autograph. I was abit hesitant as he was having lunch, but I thought the worst he could do was tell me to get lost, but thankfully, Taku was a real gent. He signed my mates book and I wished him all the best. He's a really great guy, sure he make fun of him here, but to meet him was great, like him or not, he's an F1 driver after all.

After purchasing my BMW Sauber JV cap, I told my mate we should wait outside Crown Towers, the hotel where the drivers are staying to try to meet some drivers. In the space of two hours, we saw Ron Dennis, Juan Pablo Montoya, Scott Speed and Nico Rosberg. They all signed autographs for me, my mate and a crowd of 5 or 6 that had gathered. They were all really cool, especially Scott and Nico, they were really friendly. We went back yesterday and got Heikki Kovalainen's autograph, again, another cool dude. I told him I hoped to see him in F1 next year, he chuckled and said "yeah me too" :lol: Great guy, they all were to be fair.

Sato does seem like a really nice person and i dont like he deserves what some people on this forum say about him.

I would also like to see Kovalainen in a F1 race seat as he seems like a decent driver who deserves a shot.

Sounds like you had a really good couple of days there. I always knew Taku was a nice bloke.

Yep he definatly seems like a nice guy and I love his accent he has. He sounds like some innocent school kid whos 8 years old :P

As for you nojvnof1 I bet all you wanted to walk out those hotel doors was JV :P I wish i could see all those drivers, I met like 2 and one doesnt even race anymore ! lol (Hill and Coultard) But Id really like to meet the "kid" (as coultard describes) Christian Klien he seems like a friendly and funny bloke, Id really like to meet and Villeneuve and Rubens I think they both would be really nice guys so would Wurz. Id hate to meet Kimi I bet he wouldnt say a word :angry: Or be drunk either would be just as bad. (Unless he was going to race day drunk)

But Id really like to meet the "kid" (as coultard describes) Christian Klien he seems like a friendly and funny bloke,

Well Coulthard is old enough to be Klien's father (just). I also really like Klien and hope he does well.

We saw Kimi, but he walked straight into the hotel. I would have really enjoyed seeing Klein, he'd seem like another cool dude.