Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

22 Teams Lodged Entry For 2008, The FIA Confirms!!

The FIA today revealed that a total of 22 teams have applied for the 12 available slots in the 2008 F1 championship. Among those 22 teams are the 11 current F1 teams, the application of David Richards' Prodrive and Paul Stoddart's Minardi team.

The FIA's statement read: "The FIA has received applications from 22 teams wishing to compete in the 2008 FIA Formula One World Championship."

"All applicants have been invited to a meeting in London on April 10, 2006."

22??? Bloody hell that's a lot! I'd like to see a 26 car grid, personally.

I'll post news as it comes to me...actually,among the 11 new teams are rumoured to have lodged an entry

-Minardi

-Prodrive

-Penske

-Direxiv

-PKV Pollock

ok, prodrive yes, direxiv maybe? just get midland out and a redbull team and ill be happy!

minardi have had their time im sorry to say!

No, I think it is good to have some teams around with history. It would be a really big loss if we ever lost Williams or McLaren. I would hate to see it turn out all manufactures.

Do You ever sleep Jenson_Rules

I understand. I dont get enough sleep either, especially now that I have an 8 week old daughter. Well pracitice is about to start

practice has now started. and im gonna go to bed lol! Night. Ill be back in 2 hrs anyway probs lol!

The FIA today revealed that a total of 22 teams have applied for the 12 available slots in the 2008 F1 championship. Among those 22 teams are the 11 current F1 teams, the application of David Richards' Prodrive and Paul Stoddart's Minardi team.

The FIA's statement read: "The FIA has received applications from 22 teams wishing to compete in the 2008 FIA Formula One World Championship."

"All applicants have been invited to a meeting in London on April 10, 2006."

44 drivers on the grid ? :eusa_think:

No way....even 30 is way to much!

44 drivers on the grid ? :eusa_think:

No way....even 30 is way to much!

They have said that there will be only 12 teams. It is good to see so much interest, especially when a few years ago it was looking like some of the big teams were going to have to run 3 cars

It would be good to have the Minardi name back in F1.

Would your choice be Minardi instead of Penske or Prodrive?!?!?Forget it they won't accept Stoddart's entry

PS

ROn Dennis has confirmed that Direxiv has lodged an entry!

I wouldn't mind seeing any of those 5 news teams listed in F1 in '08, except for Prodrive, for obvious reasons.

Would your choice be Minardi instead of Penske or Prodrive?!?!?Forget it they won't accept Stoddart's entry

PS

ROn Dennis has confirmed that Direxiv has lodged an entry!

I would rather Minardi than Prodrive. Coz prodrive is that pompus prick Dave Richards. I think they would like the minardi name back in but because Stoddart owns the rights to the Name then i cant see Max and Bernie giving it to him

Anyone but Prodrive. I think that sums up the opinion of most JV fans on the topic of new teams.

If all 22 teams are allowed, then the grid postions themselves will take up the entire racing track. In effect, the pole finisher will see the slow poke's bums at the start of the race!!

I dont think many are bashing penske. they have a great motorsport history

But you would prefer an uncompetitive Minardi team....

we all know the four or so teams who have confirmed their entry application for 2008, Prodrive, Minardi etc plus the 11 teams already in the forumla, but who on earth are the other 7?!

Any ideas?

we all know the four or so teams who have confirmed their entry application for 2008, Prodrive, Minardi etc plus the 11 teams already in the forumla, but who on earth are the other 7?!

Any ideas?

I've set another thread for this....look at "who are the new teams?" in the f1 discussions

22??? Bloody hell that's a lot! I'd like to see a 26 car grid, personally.

Yeah, like the good ol days.