Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Ide: Worst Driver On The Grid

He

In keeping with fine Japanese tradition..............................

Indeed. For those who demur, I ask them to name just one good Japanese driver. I shall not, nor should anyone else, accept an answer of

..........and bad sushi at that :mf_tongue:

In keeping with fine Japanese tradition..............................

:lol: Indeed. Its become like a comedy sketch - where's the hapless asian driver?

Ide reminds me of when i tried to play the F1 Grand Prix game on a PC with the keyboard instead of a wheel with force-feedback! You go all over the place!!

True his performance was not in the class expected of an F1 driver, but then I heard on the speed TV that the car was on display for the past 20 yrs (or something like that) and has now been brought back to racing from its previous life as a display piece!!

I'd give him till half this season to get to grips with F1... common guys everyone needs a break now and then ;-)

F1 is not kindergarten.

I agree though - his driving reminded me of mine on videogames.

"Ide: Worst Driver On The Grid"

Indeed, indeed, indeed... I have to say that the performance was so pathetic that i had good laughs, that radio conversation was pure gold :D

I don

I don't mind of his various offs...but what amazes me is the fact he is so SLOW...Regarding Rubens: I'm happy cause now all those were bashing Taku last year will shut up finally....bring back Taku Honda,at leats we'd have some fun and thrilling overtaking moments and not just another slow veteran!!!

I don't mind of his various offs...but what amazes me is the fact he is so SLOW...Regarding Rubens: I'm happy cause now all those were bashing Taku last year will shut up finally....bring back Taku Honda,at leats we'd have some fun and thrilling overtaking moments and not just another slow veteran!!!

:laughing:

Sato scored 1 point last season in a BAR! Rubens will do better than that.

You have got to be kidding. If this is in fact is true he should not be allowed to start at Albert Park, or at any other race for that matter.

And yes, Ide is making Sato look like Alain Prost.

Ah!! at last I remember who he reminds me of!

Ukyo Katayama anyone??? I remember hearing this guys name all the time! He parked his car in more gravel traps than you could ever recall. He only registered 8 finishes out of 32 races. Maybe Ide is the next Ukyo Katayama? :) Good old Murray days them as well :clap3:

I dont want to be racist in any way, but Japanese drivers all stink. They could have a demolition derby style road race for themselves where their 'skills' would be an asset.

I dont want to be racist in any way, but Japanese drivers all stink. They could have a demolition derby style road race for themselves where their 'skills' would be an asset.

hope youve noticed that when many of the world best have lost their head around him & haad all sorts of crashes - Sato has brought the car home & in the points too!!!!!!!!!!!! in a chopped about & stuck together car with a 2002 chassis - and kept Coulthard etc behind him for much of the race - good run for Sato :D

BTW, just to confirm to us all how much he stink Ide managed to be lapped by Sato today. By Sato!!!

If he (Ide) keeps this performance up we might find that Sato will be hired by at top team next season. :(

So why is it that a nation of some 120 million cant produce one decent driver? They are crazy about motorsport, and still nothing. Not even rally or MotoGP. Take Finland, about as many inhabitants as you would find in a small Japanese village and they have a sea of talent in everything from F1 to WRC.

The way that Ide held up Rubens in quali was just shocking, I couldnt believe what I was seeing. I'm not an f1 driver but if I was in a slow Honda car with a fast Honda behind me, I'd move out of the way. Ide not only blocked Rubens, he also forced Rubens to take a very slow racing line into the fast chicane. The guy is a complete joke and the Japanese really need to get over this stupid national pride thing they've got going on

Ide reminds me of when i tried to play the F1 Grand Prix game on a PC with the keyboard instead of a wheel with force-feedback! You go all over the place!!

True his performance was not in the class expected of an F1 driver, but then I heard on the speed TV that the car was on display for the past 20 yrs (or something like that) and has now been brought back to racing from its previous life as a display piece!!

I'd give him till half this season to get to grips with F1... common guys everyone needs a break now and then ;-)

:lol:

You have got to be kidding. If this is in fact is true he should not be allowed to start at Albert Park, or at any other race for that matter.

And yes, Ide is making Sato look like Alain Prost.

The funny thing is that Sato aint doing so bad this year. Of course it is early but untill Australia he has actually given MF1 and even a STR or two a good run for their money

The way that Ide held up Rubens in quali was just shocking, I couldnt believe what I was seeing. I'm not an f1 driver but if I was in a slow Honda car with a fast Honda behind me, I'd move out of the way. Ide not only blocked Rubens, he also forced Rubens to take a very slow racing line into the fast chicane. The guy is a complete joke and the Japanese really need to get over this stupid national pride thing they've got going on

I would be especially keen to jump out of the way if the car behind was a works Honda and I was only in F1 at the mercy of that company and their unbelievable idea of supporting an all-Japanese B-team to appease Japanese public opinion.

EDIT: Note accidental assonance with "ee" sound. Makes me laugh but maybe I'm reading too much Stephen Fry.

retaining sato for 2005 in a top team was bad enough. Then setting up another Jap team just to please the Japanese fans, with Sato as lead driver, was just crazy. But allowing Yuji Ide to become a full race-driver in the pinnacle of motorsport, is just ridiculous! Theres so much talent out there. A F1 seat should not be wasted on such a pitiful excuse for a 'professional racing driver', who showed in Aus that he can only just about keep the car on the track

Just another example of how unprepared he is. I don't really blame him though. The problem is Honda bowing to Japanese opinion. The whole idea of SAF1 is ridiculous and demeans F1

On Ide I agree with you. I've long said that considering his inexperience with F1 cars and the state of the team, he'll be doing very well if he keeps his car in one piece and is relatively close to Sato. Prior to Melbourne qualifying (excepting the incident with the mechanics), he's done well. He's been alot slower than I expected, but perhaps I overestimated the task at hand. I must admit that from what I saw at the race Ide did OK, slow, but he didn't crash when many others did.

As for the Super Aguri team, I must say they've done a good job and I can't criticise them. They've been respectable with Sato's pace and have good reliability, which is remarkable considering the turnaround time from inception to the start of the year. I have to say Sato as a driver has improved remarkably. He seems to have his speed but is more composed, more mature. He was brilliant in Melbourne, holding up (in the good way mind you) Rubens, DC etc for a number of laps, in a very fair manner.

I'm interested to know what Senna's thoughts on Sato are with regards to this season.

Having said all that, if Aguri are serious, they'll replace Ide and bring in Davidson or Montagny.