Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

Bruno Senna

Thirteen years after his late and great uncle won his last Grand Prix, Bruno Senna found the chequered flag first in Australia.

Triple champion Ayrton Senna, who crashed fatally not long after at Imola, last won a GP in a McLaren in 1993 in Adelaide, Australia's former formula one host.

Now, further north in the city of Melbourne, Bruno Senna - the 22-year-old Brazilian son of Ayrton's sister Viviane - won the F3 support event in front of current F1 drivers and team bosses on Friday.

“I've always wondered what it would be like to win a race,” said Senna, “and now I know - it is indescribable.”

Maybe I misread something but. Why does he use the Senna last name if he is the son of Ayrtons sister? Shouldn't he be using the last name of his own father? I'm confused. :(

Maybe I misread something but. Why does he use the Senna last name if he is the son of Ayrtons sister? Shouldn't he be using the last name of his own father? I'm confused. :(

Doesnt mean anything. Maybe she married and then got divorced so she used her last name.

I think the reason that Bruno is using Senna last name is because in Brazil the mother last name is in first place and after that the father last name. So, they will never lose the mother last name. That is the reason.

In Ayrton Senna`s case. Senna is the mother last name and Da Silva the father last name.

;)

I'll be at the track watching him race tomorrow. It should be great.

Doesnt mean anything. Maybe she married and then got divorced so she used her last name.

Sadly her husband, Bruno's father, was killed in a motorcycle accident not long after Ayrton's death.

Sadly her husband, Bruno's father, was killed in a motorcycle accident not long after Ayrton's death.

This is one cursed family. Maybe Bruno should stay out of F1.

Ayrton Senna's actual surname was da Silva, but aparently he didnt want to use such a common Brazilian surname. Senna is from his mothers side. I presume his nephew wanted to rather use the already legendery motor racing surname and did a similar thing.

Saw Bruno dominate the field in the F3 race. He's abit behind the 8-ball considering he was out of racing for 10 years, but the way he's going, he'll do well in the British F3 series, then hopefully move up to GP2, then F1, that would be really special.

I saw bruno race at the grand prix and he was impressive. Got a good start and then just pulled away. To be fair though I dont know what the quality of the field was like compared to what he may face in Europe, but it would be good to see him move up the ranks