Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

MF1 And SAF1 Protest STR V10s

V10 is not an advantage..the two Toro Rosso's are simply better cars than MF1s and 4 years old Super Aguris.The STR01 is an evolution of last year Red Bull RB1 wich was already a good car

Still though, it is unfair. MF1 and SAF1 have less money than the Italian Red Bull team and thus should develop a V8 engine like the other 2 teams did.

I wonder why Ferrari and others did not take advantage of this. F2004 (06 stuff) with V10 restricted was fast, why not aero mod it and use it?

the FIA would never let Ferrari or one of the big teams use v10's

i was in favor of Manardi geting the v10's for 06 but ever since red bull has baought them i find it totaly stupid, either STR gets to use the v10's in a manardi chasis, or they should run the RB1 with the v8, you cant have both, thats like eating your cake and haviong it too

Midland and Aguri make a good suggestion. As I've said, the drivers really shouldn't be penalised or anything of the sort. They drive what the team gives them, end of. I doubt any of you would turn down a drive in this car on the basis of it being 'not fair'. No points for WCC is a good idea.

I wonder why Ferrari and others did not take advantage of this. F2004 (06 stuff) with V10 restricted was fast, why not aero mod it and use it?
u conveniently forget that the F2004 was powered by a 950HP engine....

If Super Aguri can fit a V8 Honda to their veteran racer, and Midland can fit a Toyota to their "Lada", then STR must be able to fit a V8 Cosworth to their car.

I find it outrageous that they even dare to race with the V10. They should be banned or forced to comply with the rules. They have a lot more funds than SAF1 and Midland, why give them special treatment?

If Super Aguri can fit a V8 Honda to their veteran racer, and Midland can fit a Toyota to their "Lada", then STR must be able to fit a V8 Cosworth to their car.

I find it outrageous that they even dare to race with the V10. They should be banned or forced to comply with the rules. They have a lot more funds than SAF1 and Midland, why give them special treatment?

Well said, Most definately unfair!

<_< What a bunch of cry-babies................

It's too late for an engine change, but the FIA can restrict the V10 further if they see fit. As I see it, the V10 has tremendous grunt out of slow corners, so would expect them to do particularly well on the twisty tracks such as Monaco and Hungary. It's all about the torque, not only how much but where in the rev range it is available.

It's too late for an engine change, but the FIA can restrict the V10 further if they see fit. As I see it, the V10 has tremendous grunt out of slow corners, so would expect them to do particularly well on the twisty tracks such as Monaco and Hungary. It's all about the torque, not only how much but where in the rev range it is available.

But dont you get my point? If SAF1 can fit a V8 onto their 1957 racer, and Midlada can the same, why could not STR muster the same feat?

Of course they(FIA) could have stayed with the V-10's in the first place and saved the teams a bunch of money, oh that's right the V-8's at 1 billion$ is saving them money :wacko:

Yep. The FIA screwed up, firstly by changing the engine size and configuration for no good reason, and then by allowing the old engine to remain as an option. I don't blame STR at all. There was a big hole in Max's plans and they drove straight through it.

Do you know MG, by any chance, which suplier STR will have next year?

I still find the whole V10 thing totally unethical by the STR team, and it totally justifies my unconditional hatred towards them and Scott 'Donkey Lover' Speed.

I still find the whole V10 thing totally unethical by the STR team, and it totally justifies my unconditional hatred towards them and Scott 'Donkey Lover' Speed.

i agree with you on both points...the other one being the Scott Speed issue.

You don't know what he does in his private life.

Yes I do. Scott 'Zoophile' Speed makes sweet love to donkeys every chance he gets. That should mean often as his town has more donkeys than people.