Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Savage Bliss

Renault The New Ferrari?

As much as I admire what Renault have achieved and where they are going. Does anyone else fear this dominance will become as mundane as it did when Ferrari were in the spotlight less than 18 months ago?

As much as I have faith in what F1 is trying to do to give us some white-knuckle racing, and as much as I feel that McLaren, Honda and such are nipping at the heals of Renault. I can't help sense that they always have another trick up their sleave.

Are we in for the long haul? Or can we have faith in what other teams/manufacturers are brewing? :eusa_think:

As much as I admire what Renault have achieved and where they are going. Does anyone else fear this dominance will become as mundane as it did when Ferrari were in the spotlight less than 18 months ago?

As much as I have faith in what F1 is trying to do to give us some white-knuckle racing, and as much as I feel that McLaren, Honda and such are nipping at the heals of Renault. I can't help sense that they always have another trick up their sleave.

Are we in for the long haul? Or can we have faith in what other teams/manufacturers are brewing? :eusa_think:

I believe that the other teams can catch up. Its not like they are that much faster. Im not certain but i dont think Renault have got a fastest lap this season. They are also not the best in qualifying, this shows the Renault isnt the fastest over 1 lap but are faster over race distance. I believe that the other teams will catch up.

It will never be the same thing...Ferrari is like maFIA and so their domination was much more sickening.Furtemore Renault are not as dominant as they seem to be atm.I think FIArrari will strike back starting from Imola

Renault aren't dominant, MS pushed them in bahrain and Button pushed them in Sepang, Kimi could have pushed them in melbourne. When ferrari were dominant, no-one stood a chance. There will be plenty of races where renault are beaten, as we saw in 2005 when mclaren caught up

Renault aren't dominant, MS pushed them in bahrain and Button pushed them in Sepang, Kimi could have pushed them in melbourne. When ferrari were dominant, no-one stood a chance. There will be plenty of races where renault are beaten, as we saw in 2005 when mclaren caught up

Yeah, they are the luckyiest team in F1 history...wow, magic!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE :D

Yeah but you see, Ferrari and MS didn't exactly blow the competition i.e. McLaren out of the water in the first of their 5, then went on to dominate in such a fashion.

As I say, I'm trying not to be pessimistic about it all, because in all I think Renault deserve to be where they are, I just hope it's not going to get a bit much!

if renualt have the dominance that ferrari once did, fisi would have ended up 2nd, no matter how many problems he had.

if renualt have the dominance that ferrari once did, fisi would have ended up 2nd, no matter how many problems he had.

The problem is that Ferrari is ferrari and Fisi is just Fisi... ;)

well, in 2000 and 01 ferrari didnt seam that dominant but then look what happened. Renault may look beatable for a year or two and then just rocket off like ferarri did, i really dont want to see that coming, even though i am an MS fan i didnt like 04, just way to run away. alot more comp is needed in f1 then in the last few years

No chance of Renault domination. The opposition now is much stronger than when Ferrari were winning anything and everything.

(GMM) McLaren will make a 'quantum leap' up the F1 grid this year, according to Ron Dennis.

The Mercedes-powered team's principal is quoted on the 'sport1.de' website as enthusing about upcoming improvements to the MP4-21 car, which has so far failed to live up to the promise of its 10-race winning 2005 predecessor.

And test driver Pedro de la Rosa warned: ''If what I am experiencing on the test track is confirmed (in races), we are to make a big step.''

Colombian racer Juan Pablo Montoya is also bullish.

''We keep bringing our aerodynamic packages forward and the (V8) engine keeps improving,'' he commented.

www.updatef1.com article

Watch this space dudes!!!!!!!... It's getting more and more exciting...

(GMM) McLaren will make a 'quantum leap' up the F1 grid this year, according to Ron Dennis.

The Mercedes-powered team's principal is quoted on the 'sport1.de' website as enthusing about upcoming improvements to the MP4-21 car, which has so far failed to live up to the promise of its 10-race winning 2005 predecessor.

And test driver Pedro de la Rosa warned: ''If what I am experiencing on the test track is confirmed (in races), we are to make a big step.''

Colombian racer Juan Pablo Montoya is also bullish.

''We keep bringing our aerodynamic packages forward and the (V8) engine keeps improving,'' he commented.

www.updatef1.com article

Watch this space dudes!!!!!!!... It's getting more and more exciting...

I hope so, there's nothing I would want more!! :clap3:

No chance of Renault domination. The opposition now is much stronger than when Ferrari were winning anything and everything.

Indeed. We now have Mclaren, Honda, Renault, Ferrari and possibly Williams and next couple of years also Red Bull and BMW. I think we are heading into some classic F1 seasons u know!

It will never be the same thing...Ferrari is like maFIA and so their domination was much more sickening.Furtemore Renault are not as dominant as they seem to be atm.I think FIArrari will strike back starting from Imola

EDIT: I DO NOT MEAN THIS PARTICULAR POST.

What is your f**king problem? You're comments on Ferrari and Michael Schumacher are outrageous. I don't care who you are but it's rediculous. I don't talk about any team or driver that I don't support in that sort of way and fair enough it's ok once in a while to have a go but you are persistant. It's got to stop.

EDIT: I DO NOT MEAN THIS PARTICULAR POST.

What is your f**king problem? You're comments on Ferrari and Michael Schumacher are outrageous. I don't care who you are but it's rediculous. I don't talk about any team or driver that I don't support in that sort of way and fair enough it's ok once in a while to have a go but you are persistant. It's got to stop.

Relax Schumi13 anyone could express in the way they want (as long as they dont attack a member directly),dont take it personal.

And Cristiano84, plase, I asked you to make your signature smaller, and you didnt do nothing, please change it.

You think so? Alonso was destroying the field in Australia, and having one less car than the other teams to worry about helps too. Nobody's near them right now, and being the only driver with the fastest car on the grid, Alouso will walk it :(

Yeah, the Ferrari's were so fast even someone as rubbish as Barichello used to finish second in the championship.

you guys are forgetting every season before 04, in 2000 and 01 Mika was still very much on schumis heels. its funny, everybody talks about the good old days but then forget that the only season ferrari was really run away was 02 and 04. Rnault can still be the new ferrari, and i have predicted it. there will always bee a team far ahead of the pack.

oh, and to all the Renault fans, then you guys win 5 strait, dont bitch when everybody bad mouths Renault, you got your time to bitch, then its ours

Renault are definitely the class of the field right now, but by how much remains somewhat uncertain. As others have pointed out, while it is true that Alonso has not yet started a race this year from the front row, Fisi managed to put his R26 on pole at Sepang, and then on the front row again in Melbourne (before his grid mishap), so that seems to suggest that the Renault is also a good qualifier, and not merely possessed of good 'race pace'.

But it's hard to say if we'll see another Renault runaway season in '06, as we did in '05 - despite what the Press might have you believe, KR was a long way from taking it to Alonso last year and his title 'challenge' was more hype than reality for the last half of the season.

The next few races will tell the tale however, and with Fisi currently much further ahead than where he was at the same time last year, talk of Renault domination may not be so far fetched as some of you seem to think........

Nobody's near them right now, and being the only driver with the fastest car on the grid, Alouso will walk it
McLaren now are alot closer than most teams were to Ferrari during their era (2003 excepted)
in 2000 and 01 Mika was still very much on schumis heels.

In 2000 yes, but not in '01.

Yeah, the Ferrari's were so fast even someone as rubbish as Barichello used to finish second in the championship

:lol: But there was one year where he had the best car in the field by a mile and still couldn't win (2001)

Yeah, the Ferrari's were so fast even someone as rubbish as Barichello used to finish second in the championship.

well ferrari got one victory in the controversial us gp 2005 but what if it went well-then they wudve not even got a single victory in 2005 -so if things went well for renault and mclaren this year then ferrari may end up like 2005

well ferrari got one victory in the controversial us gp 2005 but what if it went well-then they wudve not even got a single victory in 2005 -so if things went well for renault and mclaren this year then ferrari may end up like 2005

Good news then :D