Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

The Best Current Femal Vocalist In 'pop' Music

Who do you believe to be the best female vocalist in current pop music  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe to be the best female vocalist in current pop music

• Mariah Carey
    • Kelly Clarkson
    • Christina Aguilera
    • Aretha Franklin
    • Delta Goodrem
    • Shakira
    • Jessica Simpson
    • Beyonce
    • Beverley Knight
    • Anastacia
    • Alanis Morrisette
    • Other

Just out of pure curiosity, who do you think is the current best femal singer out there. We are not going on looks (as it would be between just Jess Simpson and Kelly Clarkson :P ), nor are we going at who has the best tits (again between Jess Simpson, Mariah Carey and Anastacia), and we are not going on their songs alone, but who you feel if they were all shoved in a Pop/American Idol sorta competition, who would prove to have the most powerful/biggest range voice?

I think its too tough but I would chose currently between Kelly Clarkson, Mariah (though she is not as good as she once was) or anastacia.

Also add who you think is the best band/group singer wise and also the best male vocalist!

P.S. I would have added celine dion on there but shes a twat so i didnt want to!

:( Sorry Ben but none of these float my boat................

click other then and tell us whom you believe to be the current best female vocalist. Obviously I only know singers who are famous world wide but there could be some very good americans?

I have a feeling Jem voted Mariah simply because she did a duet with westlife. You can see how low she sunk during the early 00's

well kelly clarkson is an annoying whiney little bitch like avril lavigne!!

she's such a bitch that she wouldnt allow her songs being used on american idol!

Fact is, Kelly Clarkosn sounds better live than she does on record. Avril cant sing at all. And Kelly's breakaway album was the 6th biggest selling album last year World Wide, which is a big acheivement for a relaity tv star. Anyway, why should she have to let others sing her material? but sheallowed them to eventually as one of them sang Because of you. TBH though she was doing them a favour as no one can sing her songs quite like her (shown as the one singing because of you was voted off :lol: )

click other then and tell us whom you believe to be the current best female vocalist. Obviously I only know singers who are famous world wide but there could be some very good americans?

I have a feeling Jem voted Mariah simply because she did a duet with westlife. You can see how low she sunk during the early 00's

I did click 'other'

Pat Benetar

Carley Simon

and i'm off to work so more later............got to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't this list stretching the definition of vocalist :unsure:

*sigh* what have they turned music into :(

Sh#t!!!

Its CURRENT vocalists, and 'pop' vocalists. I said anyway, if you dont agree with any then please share who you belive to be the best at the moment!

Anastacia is quite welcome to float my boat.

None of them are really musical though, are they?

Its CURRENT vocalists, and 'pop' vocalists. I said anyway, if you dont agree with any then please share who you belive to be the best at the moment!

Kate Bush.

My knowledge of music is zilch , thanx in no small part to my 70% deafness. (No, I am not fishing for sympathy)

So, I will have to go by looks alone. Almost all of them are bootylicious(thanx,Beyonce, nice word). Perhaps a tie between Jessica Simpson & Delta Goodrem. Beyonce is also good looking. In fact, she's one of the 2 black women who turn me on(the other is Tyra Banks).

I know hackles are bound to be raised by my "racist" remark. Lemme assure that I am not racist. It's perfectly natural to be turned on more by one race than the other. It's true for everybody.

Kate Bush is about the best vocalist mentioned on here so far - shes great

also i would have to say Sinead O'Connor i know shes not really current but theres not really an abundance of female talent about at the minute

big fan of KT Tunstall - you have to listen to the whole album before you can really judge her, and i do love Alison Goldfrapps vocals - very kooky

yes but im on about diva powerful voices sorta things! Otherwise the list would be completely different to that!

Well Delta Goodrem sounds sort of ok the first time. Nothing original though.

You might as well add Britney Spears, and any of the Spice Girls that are still singing (heaven forbid) since we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

ok then used to love Alanis Morrisette but shes lost the plot a bit

out of your list then vocally id say Beverly Knight - she can still fairly belt them

what about Missy Elliott - is she not poppy enough for you - or rhiana

Kate Bush is about the best vocalist mentioned on here so far - shes great

also i would have to say Sinead O'Connor i know shes not really current but theres not really an abundance of female talent about at the minute

big fan of KT Tunstall - you have to listen to the whole album before you can really judge her, and i do love Alison Goldfrapps vocals - very kooky

Yay for Kate Bush! Superb!

Sinead O'Connor is mad as a box of frogs and brilliant with it.

KT Tunstall I like.

Alison Goldfrapp is scary! But also :drool:

Alanis Morrisette is just too waily and full of angst.

haha you say Sinead o'connors mad but yet like kate bush?????????????

havent heard KBs new album but here its good - again like alanis morisette, SOC etc the old stuff is always the best

KT tunstall - not fussed on the stuff shes released but her CD is brilliant - shes a class song writer too

as fo goldfrapp - i think shes great but if were goinddown that line you ever heard Portishead - now that is a female vocalist - also love ella fitzgerald

haha you say Sinead o'connors mad but yet like kate bush?????????????

havent heard KBs new album but here its good - again like alanis morisette, SOC etc the old stuff is always the best

KT tunstall - not fussed on the stuff shes released but her CD is brilliant - shes a class song writer too

as fo goldfrapp - i think shes great but if were goinddown that line you ever heard Portishead - now that is a female vocalist - also love ella fitzgerald

Yeah, Kate is not quite as loopy as Sinead. Kate's new album is superb, like nothing else you hear these days. Where else do you get an erotic song about washing machines?

Portishead - excellent, but then you have to include Everything But the Girl.

I first heard KT Tunstall on Jools Holland's show - outstanding!

*40 Year Old Virgin in background*

OHHH KELLY CLARKSON!

I voted for her, but for second choice: Cascada. Everytime we touch...

Sarah Blasko.

I Heard her cover version of Crowded House's song 'Don't Dream It's Over' at the Commonwealth Games Closing Ceremony. Brilliant

Kelly Clarkson rules. Her Breakaway album is one of the best I have had the pleasure in owning. The reason I feel it's soo good is that there are no fillers. All the songs could be successful singles, imo though Walk Away which was her last single is the weakest song on the album, yet even that is very good. Because Of You is one of the most beautiful, meaningful ballads in a long time.

I like Mariah Carey simply because she has a very nice voice. However her pre 1997 stuff was better, before she got into the whole rnb/hip hop stuff. Though the Emancipation Of Mimi has some very good songs on it.

I'm also a fan of Beverley Knight, she's very underrated and some of her music is wonderful to listen to.

I should also have added Joss Stone to the list as for her age, she has an immensley mature voice.

With running the risk of being rude-You are all as cultural as the polish woman who washes my house. She has only heard of the crap she cathces on various, often highly dubious, TV channels. There is more to life than crap (althoug one of you mentioned Beth Gibbons whom is actually extremely good, but that does not count since 90% of you fancy music not even my 6 year old nephew yould tolerate).