Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

The Best Current Femal Vocalist In 'pop' Music

Who do you believe to be the best female vocalist in current pop music  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe to be the best female vocalist in current pop music

• Mariah Carey
    • Kelly Clarkson
    • Christina Aguilera
    • Aretha Franklin
    • Delta Goodrem
    • Shakira
    • Jessica Simpson
    • Beyonce
    • Beverley Knight
    • Anastacia
    • Alanis Morrisette
    • Other

you are such a twat you know. Do you ever not complain about anything?

there is no need to just downright slag off the music others like just because it snt to your taste. Having a laugh or joke yeah, but actually slagging it off is far too much. And when I listen to mucic I like to be entertained, and I find such artists as Kelly clarkson, mariah carey, sugababes, girls aloud, foo fighters, shakira, queens of the stone age, deftones, lucie silvas, delta goodem, black eyed peas, beyonce and hundreds more entertaining and I like their music. Im not asking you to like it, it is what I like and you should not say im not cultural as maybe i dont want to listen to meaningful cultural music all the time! Is that ok with you?

so ctrl300, whom is your fave female vocalist I wonder?

on the subject of female artists, I brought both Fijacion Oral Vol.1 and Oral fixation Vol.2 by shakira and both are some of the best albums I have purchased recently. I particularly like 'Escondite Ingles' and 'La Tortura' from vol. 1 and I like 'Costume makes the clown' on vol.2 as well as 'how do you do'. :)

Those artists you mentioned are all taken off some tippest and the toppest chart. Pretty sad that you dont venture beyond that. It is also sad that you obviously take such offend to the fact that what you listen to is utter crap. This reatcion comes as a result that you realise, deep down, that your taste is wack.

This week (it changes every week) my favourite female artsist have been Billie Holiday, Ane Brun, Marcia Griffiths, and Grace Jones. I think you should give those a go before and maybe you will broaden your horizon.

well If the music I like listening to is Sh#t then why is one the biggest selling female artist of all time. why has another had one of the biggest selling albums world wide last year, and why are they all able to sing live incredibly well? If they were Sh#t they wouldnt be selling records. Why should I have to like your music anyway you prat. Jemstride likes Westlife and though they are Sh#t imo he likes them and thats all that matters. If I really like Kelly Clarkson then I will bloody listen to her music. To me, music does not have to be serious. Music is somthin you listen to, to enjoy, and there is music for every mood you are in and infact can sometimes make you feel better. Whats the point in being deadly serious all the time and liking artists that are not big sellers that I personally am not all that keen on. I will listen to whatever the **** i like really and you can listen to whatever the **** you like but dont come here saying everyone has Sh#t taste in music. Every1 is different you twat. I really dont like you now, you have taken over from Dan as being the biggest twat on this board.

Those artists you mentioned are all taken off some tippest and the toppest chart. Pretty sad that you dont venture beyond that. It is also sad that you obviously take such offend to the fact that what you listen to is utter crap. This reatcion comes as a result that you realise, deep down, that your taste is wack.

This week (it changes every week) my favourite female artsist have been Billie Holiday, Ane Brun, Marcia Griffiths, and Grace Jones. I think you should give those a go before and maybe you will broaden your horizon.

Oh also I dont think the artists i like are wack, why would I spend my money buying their material? God your such a ****ing d#ck head!

God your such a ****ing d#ck head!
anyone repeatedly using the above language is just showing the world how character(less) he/she is/are ...

:rolleyes2:

to be cultured doesn't mean you just like people like billie holiday, to be cultured means you accept people like billie holiday and kelly clarkson - 2 very different vocalists, one of the (old) popular culture and one of the new popular culture.

You're obviously very picky with your music taste and will obviously only like the stuff that's "out there" and not popular culture anymore. I used to do that. Then I got over doing that when I was about 16. It's very childish. I'm picky with my taste in films, I'm mainly into world cinema. But that doesn't make me condemn hollywood films just because I don't personally like them. I admire their ability to use special effects and cgi et al just as much as I admire ability of the bulk of world cinema to not use a lot of special effects and still create the same atmosphere as would have been with the cgi. I may prefer one to the other, but I don't condemn it like you have.

I think the only one here who has narrow tastes and views is you ctrl300. Learn to appreciate everything, regardless of whether you like it or not.

well If the music I like listening to is Sh#t then why is one the biggest selling female artist of all time. why has another had one of the biggest selling albums world wide last year, and why are they all able to sing live incredibly well? If they were Sh#t they wouldnt be selling records. Why should I have to like your music anyway you prat. Jemstride likes Westlife and though they are Sh#t imo he likes them and thats all that matters. If I really like Kelly Clarkson then I will bloody listen to her music. To me, music does not have to be serious. Music is somthin you listen to, to enjoy, and there is music for every mood you are in and infact can sometimes make you feel better. Whats the point in being deadly serious all the time and liking artists that are not big sellers that I personally am not all that keen on. I will listen to whatever the **** i like really and you can listen to whatever the **** you like but dont come here saying everyone has Sh#t taste in music. Every1 is different you twat. I really dont like you now, you have taken over from Dan as being the biggest twat on this board.

Oh also I dont think the artists i like are wack, why would I spend my money buying their material? God your such a ****ing d#ck head!

You need to grow up. BTW are you gay?

anyone repeatedly using the above language is just showing the world how character(less) he/she is/are ...

:rolleyes2:

Indeed

to be cultured doesn't mean you just like people like billie holiday, to be cultured means you accept people like billie holiday and kelly clarkson - 2 very different vocalists, one of the (old) popular culture and one of the new popular culture.

You're obviously very picky with your music taste and will obviously only like the stuff that's "out there" and not popular culture anymore. I used to do that. Then I got over doing that when I was about 16. It's very childish. I'm picky with my taste in films, I'm mainly into world cinema. But that doesn't make me condemn hollywood films just because I don't personally like them. I admire their ability to use special effects and cgi et al just as much as I admire ability of the bulk of world cinema to not use a lot of special effects and still create the same atmosphere as would have been with the cgi. I may prefer one to the other, but I don't condemn it like you have.

I think the only one here who has narrow tastes and views is you ctrl300. Learn to appreciate everything, regardless of whether you like it or not.

You should get a proper education. Ms. fish and chips a-hoy!

I could not care less about any of your measely opinions. The bottom line is that you are all wrong. If you are of the opinion that Kelly Clarkson (aka fish taco's with extra cheese) or Celine Dion (aka the Ringer of Notre Dame) can hold a candle to Billie Holiday or Grace Jones you should get your head examined. Furthermore, get a propter education. Public schools are Sh#t, and you just proved me right (again).

Just because I like a variety of music does not make me gay. I am very in touch with my feminine side, im quite sensative, bitchy etc. But I am not gay. I have often claimed to be the gayest straight person there ever was, and I'm proud to be who I am. You don't need to be gay to like different sorts of music! I may sound gay but I can assure you I have eyes only for women, and I may as well take what you said as a complement as a couple of my friends are gay and they are some of the nicest people I know!

And how ****ing dare you tell Antonia to get a proper ****ing education. She is doing a Law Degree you knob and is actually very clever. Maybe you should just **** off back to the slimy little hole in the ground from whence you came!

No you are right, you are not gay, just a queen.

And I did not criticise her current school, I bet its toppbanana, but if you know nothing of the past how can you comment on the present? You tell me 'Queene'.

oh and if we are all wrong and you dont care about our ''measley'' views the **** off you prat!

:lol: well at least you can admit im above you. Which is quite clear because i dont Sh#t on anyone for not having the same views as me, I just mock them without being deliberately rude.

Your intellectual abilities are limited to Sh#tting your own pants.

Go ask you mum to make your bed.

Also, you are without doubt the rudest person on this forum, so get lost Sh#tkicker.

Your intellectual abilities are limited to Sh#tting your own pants.

Go ask you mum to make your bed.

Also, you are without doubt the rudest person on this forum, so get lost Sh#tkicker.

the best way to handle them would be to ignore the "Personal" posts....

although some people in the forum report such posts if a person repeatedly uses foul langualge..

i personally feel that you need not take all this nonsense lying down ,and instead of resorting to using foul language urself can report the post because his using abusive language is no excuse for u to do the same ;)

the best way to handle them would be to ignore the "Personal" posts....

although some people in the forum report such posts if a person repeatedly uses foul langualge..

i personally feel that you need not take all this nonsense lying down ,and instead of resorting to using foul language urself can report the post because his using abusive language is no excuse for u to do the same ;)

Cheers mate. But I dont like to tell on people, no matter how stupid they are. Anyways, kids will grow up sooner or later :P

My intellectual abilities are limited to getting A's in my A Levels, A*'s in my GCSE's etc etc etc. I'm actually highly intelligent, probably far more intelligent than you. I too will be going to University in September to do a Law degree, which is no easy subject, infact it is known to be one of the very hardest degree's. So I would watch out before you say my intellectual abilities are limited to arguing, because I may be pretty damn argumentative but I can assure you it takes a lot to beat me at ANYTHING.

I use such insults NF anyway on people who deserve it, and since you are one of those people who I hate with a passion I'm not surprised you would sink so low and try to get me banned or whatever. Grow up.

If you can't accept that people like different things, and are different then you shouldn't belong to a forum such as this. I accept other people's views but I am 100% against people telling others they are wrong because they don't agree with you.

I use such insults NF anyway on people who deserve it, and since you are one of those people who I hate with a passion I'm not surprised you would sink so low and try to get me banned or whatever. Grow up.
:huh:

so u hate me with a passion......

i dont give a damn.

anyway i am not trying to get u banned...

Just grow up

:thbup:

Actually, I take offence to you telling me to grow up. I'm 17 years of age, I have my whole life ahead of me and I intend to enjoy my life. But let me tell you some things first. I consider myself to be a very mature 17 year old. I pay my parents rent, I go to college, I also work during the weekend so i can afford to buy myself things and pay my parents rent. I have not had an item of clothing brought for me by my parents since I was 10 years old. I have never received pocket money, the only money I have ever gained was through working for it, whether it was cleaning cars, doing the housework or whatever. My parents have brought me up to respect things and to look after things. For example I have every issue of Autosport since july 2004 and every single one is in perfect condition. I have various items that are colectables that again are in pristine condition. I believe myself to be a very responsible youth and for my age I have a lot of responsibility.

Anyway, I would love to finish this gripping conversation with you two twats but I have got to go to work now, yes something I'm sure neither of you have ever heard of before. It's something where you go out and earn some money for yourself.

Ta ta

My intellectual abilities are limited to getting A's in my A Levels, A*'s in my GCSE's etc etc etc. I'm actually highly intelligent, probably far more intelligent than you. I too will be going to University in September to do a Law degree, which is no easy subject, infact it is known to be one of the very hardest degree's. So I would watch out before you say my intellectual abilities are limited to arguing, because I may be pretty damn argumentative but I can assure you it takes a lot to beat me at ANYTHING.

If you can't accept that people like different things, and are different then you shouldn't belong to a forum such as this. I accept other people's views but I am 100% against people telling others they are wrong because they don't agree with you.

You are probably the most self-righteous hypocrite I have ever come across. Beat you at anything? OMG, do you know that you are insulting yourselves just by saying that? I would not let you represent my dog when (or more likely if) you get your law degree.

Go tell your mum, maybe she can call pumpdoc and tell him that someone are being in opposition to her little 'Queen'. Maybe that will show us... :wacko:

Anyway, I would love to finish this gripping conversation with you two twats but I have got to go to work now, yes something I'm sure neither of you have ever heard of before. It's something where you go out and earn some money for yourself.
another one of those immature posts ,for which i have no time and energy to reply to....

Actually, I take offence to you telling me to grow up. I'm 17 years of age, I have my whole life ahead of me and I intend to enjoy my life. But let me tell you some things first. I consider myself to be a very mature 17 year old. I pay my parents rent, I go to college, I also work during the weekend so i can afford to buy myself things and pay my parents rent. I have not had an item of clothing brought for me by my parents since I was 10 years old. I have never received pocket money, the only money I have ever gained was through working for it, whether it was cleaning cars, doing the housework or whatever. My parents have brought me up to respect things and to look after things. For example I have every issue of Autosport since july 2004 and every single one is in perfect condition. I have various items that are colectables that again are in pristine condition. I believe myself to be a very responsible youth and for my age I have a lot of responsibility.

Ta ta

Wow, you must be retarted.

Pristince condition, does that mean that you have not read them yet? Open them up and you will realise that Jenson does not rule.

Here let me put out a saucer of milk.............................

Hows about we respect everyones views? and stop with the baiting..................

Ben, this is just why I ignored ctrl's posts when he decided to get personal with me for no reason whatsoever.

I put my argument there about vocalists in plain English and I get insulted and told to get "an education". Later in the post, this became a "a propter [sic] education" and there was an added insult about the type of school I used to attend. There was also a swear word, highlighting ctrl's ability (or lack thereof) to formulate an argument.

I suggest that if there is any more exchanging of personal insults, this topic should be closed.

I think it is only fair if my warn level is at 10% then so should ctrl's.

Anyway, enough of these personal insults (since im no loger allowed to :P ) Lets get back on topic, and this time I hope ctrl can respect other peoples tastes in music!

Well said! :thbup:

To add a few more of my faves

Carole King

Stevie Nicks

Heart (the Wilson sisters Anne and Nancy)

Grace Slick

Who knew music could provide such a hostile and heated debate :lol: