Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Stupid Dough Boy

Colombian newspaper 'El Tiempo' reported that the 30-year-old McLaren driver, who is likely to leave Ron Dennis' Woking based squad after a two-year deal, is high on the list of potential replacements for racer Christian Klien.

Red Bull owner and billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz did not deny the story.

''We are observing the driver market at present,'' said the Austrian.

Mateschitz admitted: ''Michael Schumacher, Raikkonen and Alonso are not available at the moment, but behind them are a group of interesting drivers, including (Montoya).''

Speculation hints that Klien, albeit Mateschitz's countryman, would be the existing racer to get the chop, possibly leaving Montoya alongside David Coulthard, who does not get along with the Colombian.

But Mateschitz insisted: ''We need two strong drivers."

www.updatef1.com

Thats right Dough Boy, we dont want you, so move right along to a team where you won't win a thing. BTW, I would be happy to take Klien for your Quisling arse!

Why would he want to leave McLaren for RedBull anyway??? Idiot.

Yes, full bred idiot!

It's his ego hurting, he feels neglected, wants to prove to the world and Ron Dennis thats there's others interesting in his capabilities. He's shooting himself in the foot doing just that.

But this is another golden opportunity to prove what his worth, He could actually give Alonso a good run for his money, and his reputation would be restored.... With Kimi leaving, he should realise HE actually does'nt need to...

Colombian newspaper 'El Tiempo' reported that the 30-year-old McLaren driver, who is likely to leave Ron Dennis' Woking based squad after a two-year deal, is high on the list of potential replacements for racer Christian Klien.

Red Bull owner and billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz did not deny the story.

''We are observing the driver market at present,'' said the Austrian.

Mateschitz admitted: ''Michael Schumacher, Raikkonen and Alonso are not available at the moment, but behind them are a group of interesting drivers, including (Montoya).''

Speculation hints that Klien, albeit Mateschitz's countryman, would be the existing racer to get the chop, possibly leaving Montoya alongside David Coulthard, who does not get along with the Colombian.

But Mateschitz insisted: ''We need two strong drivers."

www.updatef1.com

Thats right Dough Boy, we dont want you, so move right along to a team where you won't win a thing. BTW, I would be happy to take Klien for your Quisling arse!

I have no idea what Mateschitz is thinking. Coulthard and Klien are both good drivers and Red Bull is currently employing them for a very cheap price (3.3 million for both). Montoya would want alot more money than that and if you look at Montoya's performances it is clear he is not worth it. Montoya was no where last year and he had alot more reliabilty than his teammate. Also this year he hasnt been fast and he hasnt been nearly as fast as his teammate and often goes backwards in GP's.

If this report turns out to be true I think Ron should relegate him straight away to third driver and give the seat to Pedro or Gary. Fatso is nothing but a disillutioned (is that correct spelling?), spoiled brat. Ill take any current driver (excluding Ide, Sato, Albers, Monterio, Massa, Speed, Liuzzi) any day of the week.

Sorry guys but you idiots wouldnt know a good driver if it slapped u in the face! JPM is nowhere near as bad as you people are making out. I think most would agree that DC/JPM is a stronger pairing than DC/Klien. He got outperformed by kimi last year, so what? most people would find it hard to beat kimi over a whole season!! And there were times when he completely beat kimi fair and square. He makes too many mistakes but he is more often than not extremely fast, and everyone knows he is capable of winning races. I rate him as the 5th best driver after the obvious top 4

Our point is that he is a greedy, ungrateful, stubborn, fat little piece of Sh#t. Leave McLaren for RedBull just because he feels let down by Ron?? My god, chin up and work for it. It now looks like he can retain the seat as Kimi caould sign elsewhere.

Sorry guys but you idiots wouldnt know a good driver if it slapped u in the face! JPM is nowhere near as bad as you people are making out. I think most would agree that DC/JPM is a stronger pairing than DC/Klien. He got outperformed by kimi last year, so what? most people would find it hard to beat kimi over a whole season!! And there were times when he completely beat kimi fair and square. He makes too many mistakes but he is more often than not extremely fast, and everyone knows he is capable of winning races. I rate him as the 5th best driver after the obvious top 4

I dont know this for certain but Montoya doesnt seem like a driver that is passionate about racing. I mean he was easily the least fit driver on the grid in 2004 and is still probley the least fit today. This shows that he isnt really commited to formula 1 and this is shown by his inconsistancy and the large amounts of mistakes he tends to make. I am very happy with the Coulthard - Klien pairing and i believe that Red Bull should stay with both of them.

I dont know this for certain but Montoya doesnt seem like a driver that is passionate about racing. I mean he was easily the least fit driver on the grid in 2004 and is still probley the least fit today. This shows that he isnt really commited to formula 1 and this is shown by his inconsistancy and the large amounts of mistakes he tends to make. I am very happy with the Coulthard - Klien pairing and i believe that Red Bull should stay with both of them.

I agree that theres nothing wrong with DC/Klien - but if JPM is available and willing to sign, then it makes sense to replace Klien.

I don't believe theres any evidence to suggest that JPM is the least fit driver - its just an ongoing joke/myth cos he's a tad rounder than the other skinny drivers! He does make mistakes, but in a potentially frontrunning car (in 2007) I would expect JPM to get poles and wins better than Klien would.

I am a DC fan but must point out that kimi did thrash DC in 03/04 a lot more than he beat JPM in 05

I second that.

Leave McLaren for RedBull just because he feels let down by Ron?? My god, chin up and work for it.

Surely you must have the same sentiment towards kimi then, assuming he leaves?? He would be leaving feeling let down by mclaren

I am a DC fan but must point out that kimi did thrash DC in 03/04 a lot more than he beat JPM in 05

Especially in 04 DC was very demoralised and as a result his performance was effected. But in 2005 when DC was treated with the respect he deserves then he drove extremely well.

Surely you must have the same sentiment towards kimi then, assuming he leaves?? He would be leaving feeling let down by mclaren

exactly my reasoning in the "Raikkonen rejects latest Ferrari gossip" forum. But it's brought about by the engine, not a person....

No, JPM thinks he wont be able to beat Kimi for the seat. No sentiment on Kimi leaving, I take this rather as a signal of him staying. Still, if nothing is signed, why should he go out and flirt with RedBull?

No, JPM thinks he wont be able to beat Kimi for the seat. No sentiment on Kimi leaving, I take this rather as a signal of him staying. Still, if nothing is signed, why should he go out and flirt with RedBull?

agree, this is where the idiot term comes in :wacko:

hey, come to think of it, whats even more puzzling, he has just admitted that he's getting the Mclaren car to reallly work for him, how he enjoys pushing it, how he likes the understeer...

I dont know this for certain but Montoya doesnt seem like a driver that is passionate about racing. I mean he was easily the least fit driver on the grid in 2004 and is still probley the least fit today. This shows that he isnt really commited to formula 1 and this is shown by his inconsistancy and the large amounts of mistakes he tends to make.

I don't agree, i don't believe he's not passionate, or committed, everyone in the Mclaren pitwall has praised him on his enormous effort during the silly season, and his inspiration to get fitter. His large amount of inconsistency is more based on character traits/flaws.

Bubba's reasoning could actually be that he wants to pressure Ron into giving him a new contract snce there is so much uncertainty surrounding Kimi in 2007. But again, I would rather wait for Kimi's signature until the end of time rather than losing him. I so hope he resigns. My oh my what a beautiful team we would have!

Bubba's reasoning could actually be that he wants to pressure Ron into giving him a new contract snce there is so much uncertainty surrounding Kimi in 2007. But again, I would rather wait for Kimi's signature until the end of time rather than losing him. I so hope he resigns. My oh my what a beautiful team we would have!

who do you think will partner Alonso, surely not Raikkonen, rumours like joining a new team in my experience have a tendency to come true....

This article is probably just some fabricated media cr@p!

If JPM does leave Mclaren it's probably because he wasn't offered a new contract.

On a closing note, I must say that I would take JPM over any of Red Bulls existing 4 drivers...

If JPM does leave Mclaren it's probably because he wasn't offered a new contract.

On a closing note, I must say that I would take JPM over any of Red Bulls existing 4 drivers...

I second this...

This article is probably just some fabricated media cr@p!

I am not too shure about Klien, but the other three yes.

JPM's got big balls, but he's lost some brains, look at Canada 2005. He needs to just remember that if he wants to remain at McLaren he needs to keep his emotions in check.

JPM over the other 4 RBR drivers any day!!

DC - he's nothing spectacular - doing a solid job but that's not really enough

CK - was alright in 05, has gone downhill by a long way so far in 06 in my opinion

VL - has outperformed speed for quite a fair bit of this season was unlucky in 05. I know a lot of people write him off but I think he has a lot to offer, people just need to see more of it.

SS - very average, again, not terrible, but not brilliant

in fact, the only driver I would retain from the line up would be VL. I think we've seen the maximum potential of the rest but I think he still has a lot to offer. A lot of people wrote him off in 05, but they failed to notice he was an excellent test driver. We shall see.

who do you think will partner Alonso, surely not Raikkonen, rumours like joining a new team in my experience have a tendency to come true....

My worst nightmare....

On JPM, I think it's just another made up story. However if he should leave Mclaren, Red Bull is one of the best option for him. I actually think JPM has a good chance of staying because KR is most likely leaving. :(:(

in fact, the only driver I would retain from the line up would be VL. I think we've seen the maximum potential of the rest but I think he still has a lot to offer. A lot of people wrote him off in 05, but they failed to notice he was an excellent test driver. We shall see.

I'm of the total opposite line of thinking. I'd drop Liuzzi if JPM had to come in. Klein's had abit of a shocker so far, but I think he has what it takes to get back from where he is. DC is a massively calming influence on the team, he's great technically and brings the car home more often than not, whilst put bluntly, I think Speed has more potential than Liuzzi after what I saw in Melbourne.

I can understand why JPM comes in for alot of heat though. He's majorly quick, but he makes too many dumb mistakes, is inconsistent and isn't quick enough often enough.