Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Happy Birthday

Land of Hope and Gloooooooooory............. :whistling:

Gawd bless yer Mam.

Long live the queen. It angers me that there are some who feel she should step down, or even abolish the monarchy altogether!

Long live the queen. It angers me that there are some who feel she should step down, or even abolish the monarchy altogether!

yep i would be one of them

i cant really see what the point of having a monarchy is but if i one is going to be kept around for a while surely it would be better to let Charlie or William on the throne - people have a lot of respect for them & young blood might attract more followers <_< i have a lot of time for Charlie as i took part in the Princes Trust (great charity) - if he was on throne i think i would have more interest in them

have to laugh you all want schumi to retire & yet the queen at 80 is ok to continue - go figure :eusa_think:

yep i would be one of them

i cant really see what the point of having a monarchy is but if i one is going to be kept around for a while surely it would be better to let Charlie or William on the throne - people have a lot of respect for them & young blood might attract more followers <_< i have a lot of time for Charlie as i took part in the Princes Trust (great charity) - if he was on throne i think i would have more interest in them

have to laugh you all want schumi to retire & yet the queen at 80 is ok to continue - go figure :eusa_think:

Abolish it all! What is all the fascination about? Why do we keep paying for that? When half the kids go to school on an empty stomach? get your priorities straight!

The monarchy is a symbol of Britain and is part of its heritage - we've had a monarchy for hundreds and hundreds of years, and buckingham palace attracts a lot of tourism. Britain just wouldnt be britain without its monarchy. It makes our country unique and interesting, and its just about the only symbol of national pride there is. Britain must be the least patriotic country in the world, but when the queen is out and about u can see people waving the UK flag and thats nice to see

Indeed Jem, we should treasure what little we have left too treasure in this country. I certainly believe the British monarch is an important symbol of this once great nation.

but what is the actual point of them - just because theres been a royal family for hundreds of years doesnt mean that its right to still ahve one - look how much money they cost the british taxpayers & what do we get back - the odd wave once in a while :blink:

as for the palaces - tourists would still come see them even if there was no monarchy still around to live in them - maybe even more so as they would then be a spot of history

i doubt the monarchy has much effect on our taxes. And I think the palace would have far less attention if the monarchy doesnt exist!! It would just be another 'national trust' building to go look around, boring.

More than anything the queen is an ambassador for Britain, she is always visiting different nations and because of that we (as a nation) have great ties with most nations in the world.

If we didnt have the monarchy we wouldnt have had those golden jubilee celebrations a few years ago, and that really was a great day! And there would be no 'sirs' or mbe/obe's. It would be a massive part of our history just being destroyed for no reason.

People may ask what the monarchy is for, but the monarchy is far from being a burden so theres no decent reason for abolising such a huge part of our nation's heritage/culture

The monarchy was abolished before now, and it didn't really work out did it? I'm really not fussed one way or t'other, though.

I don't mind Queen Elizabeth... But Charles is not my type of prince. Not to mention his wife.

I think thats the general feeling in australia. Most aussies have some kind of affection towards the queen but not at all to charles. Maybe it will come with time, but I doubt it

i doubt the monarchy has much effect on our taxes.

well if thats the case then who pays for the queen to fly round the world as you juts mentioned, and for all their staff & for bonny prince andrew to go skiing every week

im not a complete royal hater - i love prince philip i think hes hilarious - i just dont see the point of them & think she way too old now

She isn't too old. She's 80 which imo is not ancient at all. Infact she seems a picture of health for an elderly woman. Im no fan of charles and cammilla the horse, though I think after 'our liz' passes away (which wont be for quite some time yet) then either william or harry should take other. Prince Charles is getting on a bit and theres no point in him being king.

She's not too old at all!!! We shouldnt abolish such a huge thing just because some people don't see the point in it. People who don't like the queen should emigrate and live in a stupid republic like France, where they dont have a monarch they just worship Jacques Chirac!!

I don't mind Queen Elizabeth... But Charles is not my type of prince. Not to mention his wife.
I think thats the general feeling in australia. Most aussies have some kind of affection towards the queen but not at all to charles. Maybe it will come with time, but I doubt it

I dont mind the Queen, i just dont like the fact that for her 4 day visit in Australia during the olympic games the tax payer spent $3 million dollars. I remember watching a documentary where Dennis Lillie asked for the Queens autograph.

:lol: Respect for an old shrivelled up lady who just happened to inherit a lot of money and a title?

Respect has to be earned, nobody's born into respect. Tell me a single thing she's done in her lifetime that deserves 'respect'.

:lol: Respect for an old shrivelled up lady who just happened to inherit a lot of money and a title?

Respect has to be earned, nobody's born into respect. Tell me a single thing she's done in her lifetime that deserves 'respect'.

couldnt have said it better my self :clap3::clap3: