Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Savage Bliss

Button's Chance?--Now it's about Cricket, rugby and world cup! baseball, basket ball, football and hockey....

jemstride says

I have never noticed this button attention thing, blame ur own countries for not bothering to produce a decent F1 coverage with their own commentators!

why should we have too - were all meant to be part of the great british isles so surely what should be good enough for you should do for us too :angry:

last time i looked DC was a british driver too - you ever here him getting singled out the way JB does - do the commentators spend the whole race talking about him even when hes doing well - nope he doesnt get a look in :eusa_think: maybe thats why many of us in the "british isles" still like Coulthard and are surely going off JB

ITV - renamed the JB appreciation society :angry:

jemstride says

I have never noticed this button attention thing, blame ur own countries for not bothering to produce a decent F1 coverage with their own commentators!

why should we have too - were all meant to be part of the great british isles so surely what should be good enough for you should do for us too :angry:

last time i looked DC was a british driver too - you ever here him getting singled out the way JB does - do the commentators spend the whole race talking about him even when hes doing well - nope he doesnt get a look in :eusa_think: maybe thats why many of us in the "british isles" still like Coulthard and are surely going off JB

Agreed. I also remember the ITV guys saying something like this Schumacher in 1st, Alonso 2nd, Montoya is in 3rd and Button is in 7th position.

Sounds like a fitting title.

Imagine if Davidson, Paffet and Hamilton were to enter the sport, auch, where would their loyalty lie, how would tehy balance that act? Every race would go in its entirety to following the poms.

Agreed. I also remember the ITV guys saying something like this Schumacher in 1st, Alonso 2nd, Montoya is in 3rd and Button is in 7th position.

yea i remember that too, whats wrong with that, its cos he was near the front then had that pitstop thing so Allen was letting us know that he had fallen back to 7th. After that, JB barely got a mention, as all attention was on the race between MS & Alonso.

I suggest you go on the itv website and see if theres some kind of comments or feedback section, to post your views there (in a mature way, otherwise they'll ignore you). I've honestly not noticed him getting extra attention

Indeed ITV was awful this week, with their incessant factual errors, and button worship. The good thing was we were spared amateurish Australian commentators raving about how Webber was doing.

I suggest you go on the itv website and see if theres some kind of comments or feedback section, to post your views there (in a mature way, otherwise they'll ignore you). I've honestly not noticed him getting extra attention

thats because your such a fan that it doesnt annoy you -

even i admit that if MS was back in 7th & making no progress through the field i would find it slightly biased & unneccessary :eusa_think:

as for if Davdison etc got in the commentators would change their favourite & name of appreciation society to whoever might look most likely in each race to win - theyre quite fickle like that - just as long as there English (being british isnt enough!)

yea i remember that too, whats wrong with that, its cos he was near the front then had that pitstop thing so Allen was letting us know that he had fallen back to 7th. After that, JB barely got a mention, as all attention was on the race between MS & Alonso.

They said that after a considerable amount of time had past. ITV commentary wasnt great for the entire race actually, i know its the Italian directers fault we only saw Schumacher and Alonso but the ITV guys should have given us updates about what was happening around the track. They only really talked about 3 drivers the entire race (Schumacher, Alonso and Button) so if you were a fan of any other driver you were out of luck.

Indeed ITV was awful this week, with their incessant factual errors, and button worship. The good thing was we were spared amateurish Australian commentators raving about how Webber was doing.

Id hardly call Leigh Diffey and Neil Crompton amateurish. They are both very knowledgable and are a decnt commentary team. I do agree they talk about Webber too much but at least im willing to admit that. Jemstride seems unwilling to admit that ITV talk about Button way to much even though it is obvious to every non Button fan.

1 thing I did notice was that BMW and williams didnt get any attention from comenators or the cameras at all. However Brundle did point out at the end that he was disappointed that the director didnt give any attention to the mclarens and webber who were having a scrap.

U gotta remember that ITV gets about 8 million british viewers, the majority of which will probably like to see Button do well, so thats a lot of people who follow Buttons progress! But I expect Allen doest even realise he's giving JB extra attention (if he is)

U gotta remember that ITV gets about 8 million british viewers, the majority of which will probably like to see Button do well, so thats a lot of people who follow Buttons progress! But I expect Allen doest even realise he's giving JB extra attention (if he is)

ok last comment from me on this (maybe) but where do you get this from - that the majority of 8 million viewers would like to see Button doing well - i think maybe if you added up all the Scottish, Welsh, Northern & Southern Irish fans that would like to see him do well - i have a feeling that number would be considerably lower - most of this dislike of him i put down to ITV - the only Button fans ive met from UK are English

If they would stop kissing his a## continously & going on & on & on & on about him then id say a lot more of us would get right behind him - and the amount of pressure they put on him cant be doing him much good - back off ITV

Im going to have a whinge now, in true British fashion...

This country is in a terrible state right now, we have slags popping out sproggs left right and centre and living on benefits because its easier than working. When decent middle class Brits are working their asses off and we get heavily taxed for actually getting off our asses and working. Why should we provide for these useless chavs when we are working hard, Its getting to the point where we may as well join them with claiming benefits. I'm pretty right wing and I do have a tendency to blame the individual instead of their class etc etc.

Another thing is this countries economy will collapse in mega fashion fairly soon because we import far too much and export far too little.

Australians you should feel lucky, as should the Canadians and New Zealanders. You are in much better positions than your old mom.

Don't get me wrong I am very patriotic and its not so much the country, but some of its people and the Labour government that I am against. And I wouldn't slag off Australia Jem as from what I can see its a far better place to be than this dump, hence why once I have finished uni I will be heading down under.

I didnt slag off australia, I'm sure it a very nice place to live.

The main problem in UK right now is the health service but its nothing compared to the problems of many other countries. I certainly wouldnt want to live anywhere else! This is digressing anyway.

If people feel that Allen talks about JB too much they should take it up with ITV who I'm sure welcome all feedback and comments. Alternatively, and actually probably a much better option, go to www.itv-f1.com and click on 'ask the team' and u may be able to post your view there and get a direct response

Im going to have a whinge now, in true British fashion...

This country is in a terrible state right now, we have slags popping out sproggs left right and centre and living on benefits because its easier than working. When decent middle class Brits are working their asses off and we get heavily taxed for actually getting off our asses and working. Why should we provide for these useless chavs when we are working hard, Its getting to the point where we may as well join them with claiming benefits. I'm pretty right wing and I do have a tendency to blame the individual instead of their class etc etc.

Another thing is this countries economy will collapse in mega fashion fairly soon because we import far too much and export far too little.

Australians you should feel lucky, as should the Canadians and New Zealanders. You are in much better positions than your old mom.

Don't get me wrong I am very patriotic and its not so much the country, but some of its people and the Labour government that I am against. And I wouldn't slag off Australia Jem as from what I can see its a far better place to be than this dump, hence why once I have finished uni I will be heading down under.

Canada

There is no place like it. Our problem is we don't have the population to support our surging economy. If you are young and want to work, I suggest you give Canada a look. For you Brits the West coast of Canada is just like home weather wise. Only trouble is you have to stare at the Rocky Mountains when you look east and the Pacific when you look west.

If people feel that Allen talks about JB too much they should take it up with ITV who I'm sure welcome all feedback and comments. Alternatively, and actually probably a much better option, go to www.itv-f1.com and click on 'ask the team' and u may be able to post your view there and get a direct response

i will try that thanks but cant really see them listenening too much - no offense but the english arent the best at taking criticism where their sports concerned (or at many other things)

Canada

There is no place like it. Our problem is we don't have the population to support our surging economy. If you are young and want to work, I suggest you give Canada a look. For you Brits the West coast of Canada is just like home weather wise. Only trouble is you have to stare at the Rocky Mountains when you look east and the Pacific when you look west.

yea, but Canada is REALLY cold YHR.....brrrrrrr

i for one won't survive there, SA is just perfect!

i will try that thanks but cant really see them listenening too much - no offense but the english arent the best at taking criticism where their sports concerned (or at many other things)

Thats generalising a bit don't you think, in fact thats completely stupid, do you really think ITV don't take feedback or criticism simply because they're english?

Anyway you're not telling them that english people are no good at sport, you're telling them you think that Allen talks about Button too much

You're in the wrong place if u think u can come and make childish insults at english people

You're in the wrong place if u think u can come and make childish insults at english people

why - everyone else seems to be doing it -_-

as for ITV yeah i will give them my view but cant imagine 1 persons opinion is going to do much good but yeah ill try

why - everyone else seems to be doing it -_-

yes and its those morons who make this forum a worse place!

You never know, ITV may have had the same comment from other viewers too, and may speak to Allen about it. Doubtful, but its better to voice your complaint to them rather than turn it into an attack on English people on here!

My turn now, to be honest, i really don't know wat this fuss is all about, wether James Allen talked too much about Button, or not. Fact is, i'm neutral on this issue and have to admit it did'nt bother me that much. Button though was second for the first 12 laps (was it more?) and well on his way to a podium, unfortunately the pitstop incident happened, WHICH GAVE REASON TO EVERYONE to start talking about it, hence more attention. He was well on his way for a good result and for the flippin millith time, got led down by poor Honda team. To where he was and to where he ended was a flippin disgrace, and this gives reason again to talk about him after the race!

Be more concerned what ykickamoocow had to say...."They only really talked about 3 drivers the entire race (Schumacher, Alonso and Button) so if you were a fan of any other driver you were out of luck."

What is actually more of a talking point is the fact that the Italian director gave the Alonso/Schumacher battle so much attention it so much worked on my ****in nerves!

On the attitudes of Aussies or Poms, both of you nations are arrogant, you can't just go and blame the poms. But what makes the Aussies different is their sportmanship AFTER competition, they're always first to give you the handshake, after they lost or won! and i'm neutral again on this issue!!!!

yes and its those morons who make this forum a worse place!

You never know, ITV may have had the same comment from other viewers too, and may speak to Allen about it. Doubtful, but its better to voice your complaint to them rather than turn it into an attack on English people on here!

yeah ok i apologise (thats a first!!) :blush:

like i said before i do think that ITV are actually harming JB - i have absoulutely nothing against him & would actually wish him well if we didnt have to hear about it for years - also they are putting even more pressure on him to get that first elusive win - that cant be helping him

im away to email ITV my views now - rant over

yeah ok i apologise (thats a first!!) :blush:

like i said before i do think that ITV are actually harming JB - i have absoulutely nothing against him & would actually wish him well if we didnt have to hear about it for years - also they are putting even more pressure on him to get that first elusive win - that cant be helping him

im away to email ITV my views now - rant over

Thats the problem with the british media, they pile the pressure on british sports stars who havent actually won anything (major) - most notably with Tim Henman, I feel sorry for that guy every time wimbledon comes round! And of course with Button too, but it doesnt seem to affect him, he still appears to be driving extremely well. I just wish he was in a renault or mclaren!

I guess thats true. If the world ever has another depression then Australia is in a far better position than England. Australia exports a awful lot and odds are that sugar you have in your kitchen was grown in Australia. We produce enough food to supply a population 3 times larger than the one we have. We are also a resource heavey country as we have most of the diamonds in the world and we have 40% of the worlds supply of uranium. The only resource we dont have a large supply of is Fuel.

England on the other hand isnt so lucky because of your large population compared to your countries size. Im not an expert in England but id imagine you import most of your food and you probely dont have much in the way of resources or anything really important that you can sell to other countries.

Thats the problem with the british media, they pile the pressure on british sports stars who havent actually won anything (major) - most notably with Tim Henman, I feel sorry for that guy every time wimbledon comes round!

There are several things i dont like about the Australian media when i comes to sport.

1. They put way to much pressure on our sports men and women and when they dont perform the media treat them terribly. I remember the first one day series Australia lost under the captaincy of Steve Waugh against India and when that happened they dropped him from the one day squad even though it was against a hard team the media acted like it was a discrase to loose.

2. People like Shane Warne and Lleyton Hewitt are free to act like aposlute prats just because they are good at sport. The media usually wouldnt put up with people like them but since they are good at sport they are free to do what they want.

Thats the problem with the british media, they pile the pressure on british sports stars who havent actually won anything (major) - most notably with Tim Henman, I feel sorry for that guy every time wimbledon comes round! And of course with Button too, but it doesnt seem to affect him, he still appears to be driving extremely well. I just wish he was in a renault or mclaren!

So tell me what will happen when World Cup starts :blush: .....

Button!, Button!, Button! (with apologies to the "Brady Bunch") :lol::lol::lol: