Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Savage Bliss

Button's Chance?--Now it's about Cricket, rugby and world cup! baseball, basket ball, football and hockey....

for what its worth ill go for France to win the world cup as i back them for everything - they are still in it arent they :blush:

No-one likes the bloody french!! they failed badly last world cup - interesting to see how they do this time.

I think England will reach the quarters. I'm afraid that their campaiign will end there, although I would like to see them make the finals against Argentina, where Argentina thrases them 4-0.

Well we've beaten them the last 2 times we've played them! Interesting note: if england and germany win all their games, there will be an england germany final, and that would be amazing

i freely admit i know sweet bugger all about Football & since Ireland couldnt even qualify i cant see me watching too much of the World Cup or really caring who wins

though think i go for France cos i support them in rugby too & its just easier for my wee mind to stick to one team/country

though i could always swith allegaince to Germany to support MS :clap3:

look not to be pernicity - it was about Buttons chances, now its not - of course being a girl im rather opiniated on both topics (and the rest) and as such am always right - but hey thanks for your vote of confidence :clap3::clap3:

see, you right again....

i'm off, too much heat in this forum

No-one likes the bloody french!! they failed badly last world cup - interesting to see how they do this time.

Well we've beaten them the last 2 times we've played them! Interesting note: if england and germany win all their games, there will be an england germany final, and that would be amazing

I am hopeing Australia can reach the second round and i have spoken with several people who are huge football/soccer nuts and they believe we can reach the second round as we have a very good goal keeper and 2 world class strikers. We cannot beat Brazil but we can beat the other 2 countries in our group.

sorry y-kick I'm enjoying life, come back when you have a job sonny boy, till then i'll just run my company, write out the paychecks and wait for you to catch up, you wouldn't last a day on a drill rig you pussy!!
I thought I made it quite clear :D

I am hopeing Australia can reach the second round and i have spoken with several people who are huge football/soccer nuts and they believe we can reach the second round as we have a very good goal keeper and 2 world class strikers. We cannot beat Brazil but we can beat the other 2 countries in our group.

who's in the aussie group? u beat uruguay to get there and thats respectable. Players like Viduka and Kewell are top class (but not world class like our boys!)

Mark Schwarzer just broke his cheek or something yesterday in the FA cup semi (which they lost) against West Ham.

Th Aussie team has also Craig Moore (Newcastle), Tim Cahill (Everton), some random guy playing in Norway, two playing for PSV Eindhoven, Max Vieri (Christians kid brother, and he stinks), that fellow who put the last penalty against Uruguay, some random dude paying in Slovenia, that ugly guy with a humpback and one leg who is 35 cm longer than the other, etc. You get the picture, they have a full th\eam with some good, some decent, and som rather ordinary players. They will not make it part the first group stage.

who's in the aussie group? u beat uruguay to get there and thats respectable. Players like Viduka and Kewell are top class (but not world class like our boys!)

Our draw consists of

1. Brazil

2. Croatia

3. Australia

4. Japan

We also have a very good goal keeper. You may know him as Middlesbrough's goal keeper Mark Schwarzer.

But if they can play well as a team, they could do well. Brazil only has a few world class players, but as a team they're incredible. England has a team full of world class players who all play for top clubs but as a team they rarely perform as well as they could or should in major tournaments

Mark Schwarzer just broke his cheek or something yesterday in the FA cup semi (which they lost) against West Ham.

Th Aussie team has also Craig Moore (Newcastle), Tim Cahill (Everton), some random guy playing in Norway, two playing for PSV Eindhoven, Max Vieri (Christians kid brother, and he stinks), that fellow who put the last penalty against Uruguay, some random dude paying in Slovenia, that ugly guy with a humpback and one leg who is 35 cm longer than the other, etc. You get the picture, they have a full th\eam with some good, some decent, and som rather ordinary players. They will not make it part the first group stage.

Damm you beat me too it. But i just read that Mark Schwarzer just had surgury and will be available for the world cup.

you may just get through, croatia are pretty good though, they finished 3rd in 1998 I believe and are never easy.

You could do us a big favour and beat brazil, that will stop england meeting them in the semi's, if australia wins the group!! I'm hoping and praying that Ronaldinho is going to get some kind of injury before the world cup

But if they can play well as a team, they could do well. Brazil only has a few world class players, but as a team they're incredible. England has a team full of world class players who all play for top clubs but as a team they rarely perform as well as they could or should in major tournaments

You must be thinking of their female team.

Their mens team however have:

Dida, Cafu, Kaka, Ronaldo, Baptista, Robhino, Edmilson, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho, Cicinho, Emerson, Adriano, Lucio, Gilberto, Fred, Ze Roberto, Roque Junior, etc.

They all play for the best European clubs, where Fred plays for the least famous of the clubs (Lyon), while 5 play for Real Madrid, 2 Barcelona, 3 AC Milan, 1 Arsenal, 1 Inter Milan, 1 Bayern Munich, and 1 Juventus. Cop that Jems. ill take that team over the English any day of the week.

you may just get through, croatia are pretty good though, they finished 3rd in 1998 I believe and are never easy.

You could do us a big favour and beat brazil, that will stop england meeting them in the semi's, if australia wins the group!! I'm hoping and praying that Ronaldinho is going to get some kind of injury before the world cup

We can beat Brazil though it is highly unlikey. I do believe however that we can come second in our group and make it into the next round.

You must be thinking of their female team.

Their mens team however have:

Dida, Cafu, Kaka, Ronaldo, Baptista, Robhino, Edmilson, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho, Cicinho, Emerson, Adriano, Lucio, Gilberto, Fred, Ze Roberto, Roque Junior, etc.

They all play for the best European clubs, where Fred plays for the least famous of the clubs (Lyon), while 5 play for Real Madrid, 2 Barcelona, 3 AC Milan, 1 Arsenal, 1 Inter Milan, 1 Bayern Munich, and 1 Juventus. Cop that Jems. ill take that team over the English any day of the week.

Impressive line up but gilberto is nothing incredible, roberto carlos has gone downhill, along with the rest of real madrid, its only ronaldinho who is intimidating, he's outstanding.

England have Gerrard, Lampard, Owen, Rooney, Beckham, Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, those 7/8 are our main world class players, then theres gary neville who's been playing for england forever, and sol campbell

Impressive line up but gilberto is nothing incredible, roberto carlos has gone downhill, along with the rest of real madrid, its only ronaldinho who is intimidating, he's outstanding.

England have Gerrard, Lampard, Owen, Rooney, Beckham, Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, those 7/8 are our main world class players, then theres gary neville who's been playing for england forever, and sol campbell

I need a Brits opinion here.

From all ive seen it looks like Beckham is overrated as the media depicted him as some kind of football god. But from what ive seen Owen is a superior player. What do you guys think?

From all ive seen it looks like Beckham is overrated as the media depicted him as some kind of football god. But from what ive seen Owen is a superior player. What do you guys think?

They're both incredibly important assets to our team but he's by no means over-rated and he's definately not seen as some kind of god over here, trust me! They're both on about the same (very high) level in my opinion

I follow football quite closely and I think you are way off mark with your assesment of the Brazilian squad.

1: Adriano is one of te most sought after players in the world, where Chelski want to put in a 50 million sterling offer for him come summer.

2: Robinho is only 20, and is widely regarded as the best young forward (along with Rooney) in the world.

3: Their defensive four is rock solid and has the attacking ability of the English midfield.

4: Their midlfield, OMG: Baptista, Ronaldinho, Cafu, Kaka, forget about it, top banana

5: Their attack: Ronaldo, Adriano. Get out of town if you think they are Sh#t.

6: Dida, widely regarded as one of the best goalkeepers on the planet.

Pay that Jems...

Still, I think Argentina have a better squad, cant see England making it past quarters when Portugal have such a strong team as well.

Finals: Argentina vs Brazil, Argentina wins.

Dream final, England Argentina, where the later wins 4-0

We have some top players. Though our best 4/5 are Becks, Owen, Rooney, Lampard and Terry. I think our weakest is our goal keeper!

Becks has an incredible right foot. But thats about it.

Heh, you'll not be hearing from many of us Americans on this thread! We're all reading this and saying "Who? What?" ;)

Heh, you'll not be hearing from many of us Americans on this thread! We're all reading this and saying "Who? What?" ;)

Americans dont seem to like the most popular sports in the world. I think the 2 most popular sports are Football/Soccer and Cricket but if you went up to the average American and asked them who Don Bradman was they wouldnt have a clue. Its unfortuant that Americans dont like good sports but i guess thats the way it is.

Australians are cricket crazy but weve only recently become interested in football/soccer. The match between Australia and Uraguay was so exciting and it rated really well. I know it wont happen any time soon but one day i would like Australia to be a serios contendor in the FIFA World Cup.

Americans dont seem to like the most popular sports in the world. I think the 2 most popular sports are Football/Soccer and Cricket but if you went up to the average American and asked them who Don Bradman was they wouldnt have a clue. Its unfortuant that Americans dont like good sports but i guess thats the way it is.

Australians are cricket crazy but weve only recently become interested in football/soccer. The match between Australia and Uraguay was so exciting and it rated really well. I know it wont happen any time soon but one day i would like Australia to be a serios contendor in the FIFA World Cup.

I think Americans would love football(soccer) and cricket if we were exposed to it (I dig rugby when I can find it broadcasted). The problem is the stranglehold our football, baseball and basketball leagues have over the networks. Those 'big three' sports leagues are scheduled so that one is always going off, year-round. They generally don't conflict with one another either. The last thing they want is competition they can't control or fit into their artificial 'seasons'. Here in the States, we really are spoon-fed and controlled in our choices for tv viewing...

We can find international sports if we care to wade through hundreds of satellite channels or stay up to the wee hours of the morning, but F1 is enough of a hassle to stay up for, I don't need two such sports! ;)

I agree, F1 is the only thing that can get me out of bed at 03:30am to watch quali in Australian GP!