Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Ide's Replacement Will Be Japanese (!!!!)

Ide future at Aguri under threat

Ide needs to perform at the European Grand Prix in a fortnight

New team Super Aguri are considering dropping their rookie Japanese driver Yuji Ide after another poor race.

Team manager Daniele Audetto said he would decide whether to retain Ide after the European Grand Prix on 7 May.

Audetto said: "The second driver has to perform. We should give him a little bit more time, not too much but certainly a little bit more."

"We should see how he races at the Nurburgring, which is not a difficult circuit, and then we will decide."

Audetto hinted that any replacement would also be Japanese, although he added that it would be hard to find a better qualified driver than Ide.

Hiroki Yoshimoto finished third in the junior GP2 series race on Sunday and Audetto revealed he had met him the day before.

Audetto said he would like to offer Yoshimoto a test drive but added that Super Aguri's lack of resources would make that difficult.

Meanwhile, Super Aguri are hoping to introduce their new car at the French Grand Prix on 16 July.

The car they have used so far this season is based on a four-year-old desig by the now-defunct Arrows team.

www.bbc.co.uk

Ok, they have officially made fools of themselves:

1: They will give Ide the chance of proving himself at Nurburgring

2: His replacement will be another Japaese driver, although they admit that there currently exist no better qualified Japanese replacement.

Based on this I think SAF1 should be banned. Furthermore, I feel that all Japanse drivers should be banned until they have proved themselves in one of the lower series (not a Japanese or Asian series).

But the joke is on them.

In the light of how Japanese drivers perform, where will they find one with, or being able to attain a superlicense?

The FIA need to pull Ide's license before he kills somebody. This guy makes TS look Like M$ or FA on the track. I held my breath after he nailed Albers, as Albers said in the inverview afterwards, thank God for the focus on safety in racing, he might have been critically injured or killed 10-15 years ago.

If this is the best Japanese driver out there, they need to start a driver program in Japan or just stick to selling cars.

I expected the next in line would be Yoshimoto. He's not a bad racer but if he took this drive now, he would be NO good at all and it would only get him negative press - you can't just step into an F1 car, have 3 test sessions and expect to perform better than Ide. It would also compromise his GP2 season. If he is offered it, I hope he does turn it down, so SAF1 can get some sense knocked into them and offer the drive to a much more competant driver of a DIFFERENT NATIONALITY.

Based on this I think SAF1 should be banned. Furthermore, I feel that all Japanse drivers should be banned until they have proved themselves in one of the lower series (not a Japanese or Asian series).

:lol: Yes. I must say though that I do enjoy having Ide around so that I can make racist jokes about Japanese drivers.

But the joke is on them.

In the light of how Japanese drivers perform, where will they find one with, or being able to attain a superlicense?

I don't think a superlicense will be a problem these days...

The FIA need to pull Ide's license before he kills somebody. This guy makes TS look Like M$ or FA on the track. I held my breath after he nailed Albers, as Albers said in the inverview afterwards, thank God for the focus on safety in racing, he might have been critically injured or killed 10-15 years ago.

If this is the best Japanese driver out there, they need to start a driver program in Japan or just stick to selling cars.

Yes he's a danger on track. He should be forced to drive a car covered in protective padding so that when he crashes he can't hurt anyone.

you can't just step into an F1 car, have 3 test sessions and expect to perform better than Ide.

Speak for yourself Antonia...

I did tell my brother I could do better than Ide if i was in that car and blind.

But realistically, you can't do that, having not raced an F1 car before.

Oh good god, I was just looking at the CVs of a load of Japanese drivers and Ide's is actually the best I've seen so far (bar sato of course)

I'm quite worried...

Hiroki Yoshomoto's is the next best but he has the added experience of GP2, something over Ide

http://www.speedsportmag.de/racing/race_dr...=196&driver=888

This guy didn't do bad from 1996 - 2001 and he's had a BAR Honda test... hmmm

OH GOOD GOD, THIS ONE ACTUALLY WON A CHAMPIONSHIP!

It certainly isn't obveous, u numpty alex... Few things are. Anyway, I think I could certainly do a lap in less than a few minutes, with a bit of practice. I could certainly put it in reverse.

Your point is totally irrelevant anyway. The guy's a joker and should be told so. You don't have to be Michael Schumacher to see that - a few brain cells are all thats required.

Oh good god, I was just looking at the CVs of a load of Japanese drivers and Ide's is actually the best I've seen so far (bar sato of course)

I'm quite worried...

Hiroki Yoshomoto's is the next best but he has the added experience of GP2, something over Ide

I think we're in for a lot of fun. The Japanese aren't ones to give up. I'm sure they'll keep making fools of themselves.

none of you can do a better job so shut your gobs

Do you always just blurp out random stuff, even when you are speaking? If so it could be highly entertaining bringing you to a party.

I think we're in for a lot of fun. The Japanese aren't ones to give up. I'm sure they'll keep making fools of themselves.

Quite. We all remember WWII, if that is anything to go by they might be putting a 63 year old blind lepher with ten broken fingers in the car come September. All avenues must be exhausted before they give in.

I think I should be in charge of finding them a new driver

Actually, I think you would do a decent job, at least ten times better than the clown currently running the outfit.

Davidson should be in Ide's seat, failing that, give it to Montagny.

Davidson should be in Ide's seat, failing that, give it to Montagny.

Or Alan van der Merwe the young South African who is currently on Honda's books. He's very quick, as good as Davidson if not better!!!

Hmm, I remember reading abit about him and alot of people saying he's a big talent. He could be abit of a wild card for the drive if he's on Honda's books, but I'd expect they'd want someone will alot more experience for this year.

Hmm, I remember reading abit about him and alot of people saying he's a big talent. He could be abit of a wild card for the drive if he's on Honda's books, but I'd expect they'd want someone will alot more experience for this year.

Why should they change their line of thought now? They picked some random guy in a McDonalds line (Ide), I think they could be prone to pick someone unknown. Problem is he has to be Japanese. Maybe van der Merwe should consider getting a Japanese passport assap.

Yeah I know, but I'd have thought that they'd have learnt that as a new team, they need as much experience as they can get.