Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Why SAF1 Sticks With Ide

Ide is on his final chance I feel.

Ide should have had his final race last weekend.

For some reason they want to give him one more chance to learn the car, and this time at a easy circuit. If Sato lapps him, or if he retires by his own hand he will be out. If he has a failure or manages to finnish (!) the race he will carry on for another one or two races. I just wish he would leave already so that Franck could have a go.

I agree

Why do they want 2 japanese drivers anyway.....they could easily get some1 else who's faster than Ide and has more potential!!! I really dont understand SAF1 team.... :eusa_think:

I think its more you dont understand japanese culture and marketing goals of SAF1.

I think its more you dont understand japanese culture and marketing goals of SAF1.

And what is their marketing goal??? Make fun of them self? Coz this is what they're doing

i usually think its unfair to judge someone so quickly & on only a couple of races - but not this time - i agree i think he should go - there are so many other drivers out there who would love a chance & could do a much better job

i usually think its unfair to judge someone so quickly & on only a couple of races - but not this time - i agree i think he should go - there are so many other drivers out there who would love a chance & could do a much better job

Indeed.

Just a little update:

Apr.28 (GMM) A formula one legend has called for struggling rookie Yuji Ide to be stripped of his FIA 'Super License'. Sir Stirling Moss, one of the greatest drivers of the 50s, called the Super Aguri straggler's botched attempt to overtake Christijan Albers at Imola 'disgraceful'. He also criticised stewards' decision to hand the 31-year-old nothing more than a formal reprimand, rather than an actual penalty. Dutchman Albers' Midland rolled five times in the gravel trap, but later pleaded with Ide's critics to give any grand prix newcomer a 'second chance'. However, 76-year-old Moss told the Mirror in Britain: ''The guy really isn't competent enough. ''The FIA have to get stricter.''

www.f1i.com

If this story turn out to be true (which I find higlhy likely), there is starting to build a momentum around the expelling of Ide. Lauda has come forward, and now Moss. There is also rumoured to be a building an anti-Ide section among the established teams and drivers in the paddock. I think we can say that it is Toodle-Doo to Ide come Sunday.