Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

Qatar First Practice

The eagerly awaited Qtel Masters of Qatar got underway on Wednesday with a two- hour Free Practice session at what drivers have described as one of the best motor racing circuits on the world stage. The scorching desert heat generated a midday track temperature of 46-degrees and with temperatures expected to rise even further ahead of Saturday

Cool, nice to see Nige on top of the time sheet :clap3::clap3:

Go Nige! So, how does he look out there? Nobody's broadcasting this in the States...

And I'm happy to see Cheever bringing up the rear. Good job, Eddie!

Former Formula 1 world champion Nigel Mansell kept his 100% record in the Grand Prix Masters series by taking pole position for the season opener, which takes place at Qatar on Saturday.

The British racing hero set a lap time nearly nine seconds faster than the Moto GP bikes managed at the same track last month.

It was Mansell

Is it good or bad when you remember every name on that list and other than Danner have seen them all race :eusa_think:

Is it good or bad when you remember every name on that list and other than Danner have seen them all race :eusa_think:

All I know is its good when you immediately know more than half the names and have only been following F1 since '97 :)

Who's the dutch guy with a funny name :eusa_think:

He drove for Brabham and Fondmetal in 1992. Didn't qualify for most of them.

It's good. It gives us perspective...or something...

I think Danner was one of those Sato-kinda guys...broke into F1 and never did anything impressive, then faded away...early 80's I think :eusa_think:

So, where is Prost? I remember reading he declined to participate, but I was never sure of the reason why. He would give Mansell a run for his money, eh?

Thanks for posting the update, monza.