Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Who's Contract Expires This Year?

I know there are alot of drivers who's contracts end this year so i'd thought i would create a list of all the drivers i know that need a new contract for next season.

These are the drivers i know need a new contract for next year

Michael Schumacher

Kimi R

maybe a dumb question but why would it matter if soo many drivers have no contarct for next year make a silly season

it is cheaper to buy a driver who has no existing contract, as you dont have to pay extra to buy their contract from the current holder,as their is a legally enforceable contract in force.

ie, if MS is being paid at ferrari $50M per year and has two years to run, you may have to pay ferrari $30M a year for them to release him from his contract on top of his requested salary of $50M = $80M per year cost

maybe a dumb question but why would it matter if soo many drivers have no contarct for next year make a silly season

The more people who need a contract for the next season the more people are going to speculate on where everyone is going next season. Like at the moment everyone is speculating on what Schumacher will do

- if he retires most people believe Kimi will join Ferrari. And if RK joins Ferrari then it is belived that Montoya will stay at McLaren.

- but if Schumacher stays KR might stay at McLaren and Montoya will join either BMW or Red Bull which will push one of there drivers out.

This is all speculation but because so many drivers need contracts for next season there is alot more potential movement in the F1 paddock.

i get what he means - its just going to be endless speculation of who might be going where & who wont be going where & most of it is just rumours - therefore the silly season

its not literally going to be a season - but the period of speculation about driver movements, which used to always be in the summber but gets earlier and earlier, is termed as 'the silly season'

its not literally going to be a season - but the period of speculation about driver movements, which used to always be in the summber but gets earlier and earlier, is termed as 'the silly season'

I also said that due to the fact alot of drivers are coming off contract this silly season is going to be even sillier.

yes it is already very silly indeed. Hopefully the silliness will be cleared up shortly when MS announces his intentions, and JPM gives us some kind of idea of what he's up to

thanks for that

oh ya i was reading maybe massa could go to reno?

where the hell did u read that!!! massa to renault is just silly, mind you this is the silly season

well think marborlo is willing to pay kimi ans schumi's bill so JPM may stay with mc laren adn massa may go to reno. i agree this will turnout to be a very silly season

I cant imagine renault will sign massa. I think renault will have kovalainen and fisichella, there arent really any great alternatives cos Flav doesnt appear to want to sign JPM for some weird reason, he's surely better than kovalainen and fisichella. We still dont know what the toyota pair are going to do either

I cant imagine renault will sign massa. I think renault will have kovalainen and fisichella, there arent really any great alternatives cos Flav doesnt appear to want to sign JPM for some weird reason, he's surely better than kovalainen and fisichella. We still dont know what the toyota pair are going to do either

personally id like to see Kovalainen (or however its spelt) in F1 - he did a really good job in GP2 last year (havent got seeing any of this years yet) and seems to really enjoy his racing & can pull some great overtaking manouvers

So is Montoya and there is no garrentee that JV wont be resigned in 2007.

personally id like to see Villeneuve retain his seat there - and i also think Massa could be out of F1 next year

Rumours, rumours, rumours, rumours, bollocks. Or is it true that Chanoch Nissany has signed a deal with MF1?

Well there was a 'Ministry of Silly walks" will there be now a 'Ministry of Silly Seasons'? ;)

Well there was a 'Ministry of Silly walks" will there be now a 'Ministry of Silly Seasons'? ;)

yep its looking very likely - cant see it being as much fun though :D

I hear that Massa is going to Honda

Honda are going to Toyota. Gascoyne is joining the Foreign Legion and Ide is taking over from Max Mosely. This is, of course, unconfirmed and may be complete fabrication in an effort to sell more magazines.

Honda are going to Toyota. Gascoyne is joining the Foreign Legion and Ide is taking over from Max Mosely. This is, of course, unconfirmed and may be complete fabrication in an effort to sell more magazines.

It sounds about as true as other stories ive seen floating around.

and ykickamoocow is starting an unofficial Jenson Button Australians' fan club