Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Prodrive Given 12th Grid Slot

Prodrive  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Prodrive given the nod?

• For
    • Against

Prodrive, run by former Benetton and BAR team boss David Richards, will join the current 11 teams as a new entry in the 2008 Formula One championship. The sport's governing body, the International Automobile Federation (FIA), published the list of accepted entrants on Friday.

Twenty two teams had applied for the 12 slots on the starting grid.

www.eurosport.com

I am really happy with this, and hope Prodrive does well. By well I mean beating SAF1, Midland, STR and RedBull in their first season. This will be fun!

BTW, the complete entry list can be found here: http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/208..._Entry_List.pdf

DR is a complete penis but I am for this decision, as prodrive are a huge professional outfit with many years's successful motorsport business. Also, as Max pointed out, DR has experience in F1 so knows what he's doing, and hopefully we can expect this team to be potentially competitive, whereas with stoddart or carlin we may have had just another backmarker team. Cant believe we're gona have 12 teams, its great!

i dont actually mind who gets it - the more cars the merrier - as long as they are not completely crap :)

Try telling that to senna and Ben who were convinced that takuma sato was going to endanger people's lives this season with the new aguri team

Try telling that to senna and Ben who were convinced that takuma sato was going to endanger people's lives this season with the new aguri team

i actaully think Sato's not doing too bad a job so far - ok so hes a wee bit of a liability in some of his moves but at least he trys - i still say the more the merrier :)

i actaully think Sato's not doing too bad a job so far - ok so hes a wee bit of a liability in some of his moves but at least he trys - i still say the more the merrier :)

thats what i said all along!! More cars, more action, more to talk about, more personalities, thats the way i see it

I'd rather see Penske

I'd rather see Penske

Me too, but I'm not sure they actually applied. Plus I think their UK factory is up for sale.

Jordan would be most people's favourite but isnt his old workforce now working for midland?? Anyway prodrive would be more likely to be competitive

I am looking forward to see their driver lineup. Might we see someone like Trulli or Fisi there?

Prodrive is a top outfit and I believe they are the best entry for competitiveand financial reasons. Richards is not exactly broke, he must make a killing from WRC...

I am looking forward to see their driver lineup. Might we see someone like Trulli or Fisi there?

Prodrive is a top outfit and I believe they are the best entry for competitiveand financial reasons. Richards is not exactly broke, he must make a killing from WRC...

perhaps colin mcrae and petter solberg?? they've done well for prodrive in the past!

Gosh. I wonder why............................ ^_^

"Everybody thought that we were crazy to hire an indian to drive for us,but i had full confidence in his talents and abilities.he is my personal favourite "

who said this :naughty:

"Everybody thought that we were crazy to hire an indian to drive for us,but i had full confidence in his talents and abilities.he is my personal favourite "

who said this :naughty:

The TATA CEO on hiring an Indian to test their latest range of mini-busses? :P

Prodrive will do well. I just hope they give a couple of rookies a shot instead of signing established names.

They would probably want at least one established driver, and not become another Minardi whom worked as a farmer oufit for other teams. I hope Prodrive will give RedBull a run for their money. The only problem with Maetezitch (wrong spelling I am sure) is that he really wanted to buy McLaren, could not afford it and took the second alternative, hiring half of the McLaren staff. For raping my team, I hope Prodrive gives them a hiding come 2008.

I am so happy its Prodrive BTW. I like Richards, no I love him actually. Since we can't get a F1 race, he has given us our own rally, yeeeeha! Recon I'll be standing in some corner of a snowcovered forest in minus 10 catching the action next year? Nope, I'll be in the comfort of our skiing cabin warming my toes in front of the fireplace seeing rally the only way enjoyable, in front of the TV.

Go Prodrive, I'm your biggest closet supporter!

They would probably want at least one established driver, and not become another Minardi whom worked as a farmer oufit for other teams.

True enough. Prodrive's first year will be a struggle and, rather than tarnish an established name, I'd like to see two new faces. Not realistic, but I'd like to see it nonetheless. When you've seen as many teams come and go as I have, you start looking for an exciting rookie rather than a team to do well in it's first year. (shrug)

I hope Prodrive will give RedBull a run for their money. The only problem with Maetezitch (wrong spelling I am sure) is that he really wanted to buy McLaren, could not afford it and took the second alternative, hiring half of the McLaren staff. For raping my team, I hope Prodrive gives them a hiding come 2008.

I dont know about other McLaren staff but Adrian Newey said that DC played a large part in him switching teams. That means that if McLaren didnt drop DC for JPM (fatty) then McLaren would probely still have Newey.

That means that if McLaren didnt drop DC for JPM (fatty) then McLaren would probely still have Newey.

Newey would leave Mclaren anway...DC was just a excuse...

Anyone care to guess which one I voted for??? ;)

Seriously though, how long will it be before Richards gets the boot from his own team?? I mean, he got fired from Benetton, fired from BAR. Every team he's run, he's been fired!!! I pity the drivers who line up for him, I just hope they get it easier than Jenson and Jacques, who I'm guessing won't be too thrilled at this news, especially Jenson as he'll most probably still be there in '08, having to walk past Richards in the paddock, whilst we don't know how long JV has in the sport.

Anyone care to guess which one I voted for??? ;)

Seriously though, how long will it be before Richards gets the boot from his own team?? I mean, he got fired from Benetton, fired from BAR. Every team he's run, he's been fired!!! I pity the drivers who line up for him, I just hope they get it easier than Jenson and Jacques, who I'm guessing won't be too thrilled at this news, especially Jenson as he'll most probably still be there in '08, having to walk past Richards in the paddock, whilst we don't know how long JV has in the sport.

Minardi?