Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

F1 Grid Won't Go Beyond 12 Teams

The more the merrier, or?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. D0 you want more then 12 teams?

• yes
    • no
    • dunno

i want lotus back in F1 ... i wonder if proton will ever make tht move to get lotus back in F1 ...

nah we should make a trip down to his place ouselves and deal with him for good !!!

I have water pistol :D:D I can splash him :D

[quote name='ykickamoocow' post='113864' date='Apr 29 2006, 12:32 PM']It was one of the proposals for the 2008 shampionship and im almost 100% sure that it is going to be one of the cost cutting rules.

If a driver has a off on Friday and cant get his car fixed then tough luck as the new rules will not allow a spare car to be used.[/quote]
Yup, I understood that as one of the proposals as well. It doesn't make any sense to me. If you want to increase the grid size, simply eliminate the third garage and force them to store the spare car in a lorry - which would create enough garage space for at least one or two more teams. If on the other hand it is Intended as a cost reducing proposal, it's ludicrous. Outlawing the use of space cars will not have any appreciable effect on reducing operating budgets over a race weekend.

[quote name='AutoRacer5' post='113869' date='Apr 29 2006, 12:50 PM']Lets have pre-qualifying and as many teams available![/quote]
Indeed!!!!! I'm all for larger grids, though pre-qualifying may not work, as few teams will be able to afford to operate without the ad revenues which are only guaranteed by participating in the race on Sunday. But I don't see a problem with grids of 24 - 26 (or possibly even 28) cars - so long as the facilities can accomodate them.

Agree, the third car should be kept in the trailer. Doing that would automatically accomodate 18 teams at all GP's.

The banning of the third car was proposed, and will never, ever go through. How on earth will that save money? They have to relpace the totalled car no matter what.

Imagine Ide bumping out Schu and Alonso on Friday with one of his trademark spins, how many would then decide not to follow the race come Sunday? Millions. Banning the third car will never happen as it ha the potential to decrease advertissing revenues, and hence work against its intention.

Agree, the third car should be kept in the trailer. Doing that would automatically accomodate 18 teams at all GP's.

The banning of the third car was proposed, and will never, ever go through. How on earth will that save money? They have to relpace the totalled car no matter what.

Imagine Ide bumping out Schu and Alonso on Friday with one of his trademark spins, how many would then decide not to follow the race come Sunday? Millions. Banning the third car will never happen as it ha the potential to decrease advertissing revenues, and hence work against its intention.

Indeed!!!!!

I have my reasons for voting "dunno".

1. The track will be awfully crowded with more than 25 or so cars, especially the newer, shorter tracks; hence, a lot more dangerous for the drivers in the event of an accident.

2. Traffic will make passing inexorably slow with current aero.

3. Standardised aero would makeF1 no better than ChampCar but would make passing a lot easier and more commonplace= better for the fans.