Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

irishfemalefan

British Touring Car Championship

just wondering does anyone else watch this

it seems to be on nearly every weekend that F1 isnt which is perfect -its not quite as good now as Mueller has left but its still worth watching especially on a sunday afternoon - some of the driving is immense & some fabulous overtaking - definitely another great sport :clap3:

Yvan Muller is a miserable git. Probably. It was on ITV after Imola - terrific racing. And great that a privateer won, and that the works Honda team gave him spare parts to help fix his car. Now that's sportsmanship.

Mueller may be a miserable git (and he probably is) but you have to admit that hes a great driver - i loved all the fights between him & Plato :clap3:

yeah was really good a privateer won you could see how much it meant to them - he fairly kicked a## :thbup:

obviously im a Turkington fan - got to support the local talent - i think its amazing how they launch them cars round at serious speeds side by side most of the time - brilliant stuff :D

Hang on a mo'. That race was at Mondello Park. And you didn't go?

i know its gutting - nobody would go with me and didnt want to seem like Nicola no mates!!!!!!

plus its outside Dublin which is a couple of hundred miles away - have never been to a BTCC race would really love to go to one - have you been?

I remember Ivan Muller from the V8 Supercars last year at Bathurst.

He drove from Team Betta Electrical and i remember all weekend he was complaining about he heat inside the car (40 degrees Celcius) so Betta Electrical tried something during the race.

bathurst6_gallery__470x305.jpg

Then he told his pit crew that it was too cold.

You just cant please some people.

ok then well agree he really is a an arrogant twat but hey hes still a cracking driver & BTCC isnt the same without him - hes now driving in World Touring Cars but its never on the telly :(

BTCC is NOTHING compared with DTM. Jamie Green got pole for both the opening race and this weekend's race yey :) Hopefully there'll be another British DTM champ this year

BTCC is NOTHING compared with DTM. Jamie Green got pole for both the opening race and this weekend's race yey :) Hopefully there'll be another British DTM champ this year

ive never had the chance to see it but i think BTCC is brilliant (some serious driving) so if thats nothing then i really should try seeing DTM :thbup:

hmm... not sure, there have been some moments in DTM where you would have expected them to dish out penalties but haven't - see some of the norisring race from last year.