Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Nigel Wins!!

Not in my mind. He just doesn't consider the possibility of defeat.

Britain's Nigel Mansell took 1st place today at the Losail International Raceway in Qatar at what many have described as the hottest race in living memory. The Doha desert heat produced almost unbearable conditions as a track temperature of 58 degrees was recorded at the start of the event. A c#ck-pit temperature of 77 degrees was recorded with the highest previously known to be 68 degrees! Mansell, who started from pole, led the incident packed race from the beginning and recorded his second consecutive victory following his win at the inaugural round in South Africa. Germany ' s Christian Danner finished in second place and Belgian debutant Eric Van de Poele came home in 3rd. Eddie Cheever (USA) was fourth, Warwick (Britain) fifth and also making his GP Masters debut was Pierluigi Martini who finished in 6th.

The six fastest laps overall were split by a mere tenth of a second in a race that produced drama in the way of overtaking, safety cars, retirements and at times four cars running abreast down Losail ' s 1068m main straight. Out of the15 that started, 12 cars finished with De Cesaris (Italy), Salazar (Chile) and Stuck (Germany) retiring.

(from the GP Masters website)

Yeah Nige but what a miserable place to race :thbdn:

Yeah Nige but what a miserable place to race :thbdn:

I agree... similar to Bahrain, Any form of Grand Prix's should only be held in countries where champaigne is allowed and not where Oil money rules!

As for GP Masters, I think the only problem is that there is no real challenger for Mansell. Fittipaldi is the only other F1 world Champion in it and his Formula 1 career was over before Mansells even began.

Drivers like Prost, Berger, Hill, and Piquet would make it a lot better.

I agree... similar to Bahrain, Any form of Grand Prix's should only be held in countries where champaigne is allowed and not where Oil money rules!

As for GP Masters, I think the only problem is that there is no real challenger for Mansell. Fittipaldi is the only other F1 world Champion in it and his Formula 1 career was over before Mansells even began.

Drivers like Prost, Berger, Hill, and Piquet would make it a lot better.

I completely agree. Cheever and a few others raced against Mansell, but he beat them back then and it's no surprise he's beating them now. Prost would be an excellent challenge for The Lion if only the frenchman would pull that stick out of his rear-end and agree to race...

Autumnpuma already posted that one, Jem.

Mods, merge please?

Autumnpuma already posted that one, Jem.

Mods, merge please?

Why merge when I have the power to delete :D

You power crazed fiend! :lol:

I shall rule the world :king:

I for one would love to see Hill in it, except I don't think he's old enough yet? Also he's probably busy with his new BRDC job at silverstone.

Jackie Stewart maybe? or is he just too old now?

I for one would love to see Hill in it, except I don't think he's old enough yet? Also he's probably busy with his new BRDC job at silverstone.

I don't think Hill has an interest in racing again, though I could be wrong..

Shame really.

Indeed!

He would be the oldest driver in it!

Indeed!

He would be the oldest driver in it!

thats what I thought, but it is a series meant for the older drivers.