Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Button Vowing To Win

I agree. Those saying that JB is not giving it his all during a GP need to get their heads examined.

Also, the fact that he does not look as pumped as many of the others can be an indication of extremely good physical fitness. Christ, even coming up with such an idea that Button does not give it his all....... :wacko:

I truly believe that Button tries his best during a GP. I also believe his best isnt good enough to win in a fair race.

I truly believe that Button tries his best during a GP. I also believe his best isnt good enough to win in a fair race.

You will have to eat those words in the not too distant future.

You will have to eat those words in the not too distant future.

If Button wins in a fair contest then i will admit i was wrong but somehow i highly doubt it.

If Button wins in a fair contest then i will admit i was wrong but somehow i highly doubt it.

Fair contest?

What do you put in the word fair? Even machinery? No racing incidents throughout the weekend? Button coming from 12th on the grid?

A win is a win if you ask me (besides from Fisi's in Brazil 03), JB getting his first will be a sweet deal for him and his many admierers.

Fair contest?

What do you put in the word fair? Even machinery? No racing incidents throughout the weekend? Button coming from 12th on the grid?

A win is a win if you ask me (besides from Fisi's in Brazil 03), JB getting his first will be a sweet deal for him and his many admierers.

Fair is when most of the front runners are still in the race. It would hardly be an accomplishment for Button if both Renaults and McLarens crashed out in the first corner.

Also races like Brazil 2003 isnt what i consider fair. I mean a Jordan managed to win and half the feild all crashed out at the same spot.

Fair is when most of the front runners are still in the race. It would hardly be an accomplishment for Button if both Renaults and McLarens crashed out in the first corner.

Also races like Brazil 2003 isnt what i consider fair. I mean a Jordan managed to win and half the feild all crashed out at the same spot.

On the other hand, look at it this way: in brazil 03 most drivers crashed in the rain, but Fisi held it together, and so deserved the win. He managed to do what most of the other drivers couldnt

And what on earth are u on about saying Button cant win a fair race, what leads u to say that?? Barrichello has won fair races and buttons kicking his a##

And what on earth are u on about saying Button cant win a fair race, what leads u to say that?? Barrichello has won fair races and buttons kicking his a##

Barrichello has only won in a Ferrari which was easily the best car and even then he only won when something went wrong with Schumachers race. Im not talking all the time but Barrichello rearly beat MS in a fair fight. (but then again, Barrichello was always playing second fidel to Schumacher so its amazing he won at all).

On the other hand, look at it this way: in brazil 03 most drivers crashed in the rain, but Fisi held it together, and so deserved the win. He managed to do what most of the other drivers couldnt

Fisi was very lucky in Brazil. Kimi would have won it but due to Fisi not pitting yet when the race was red flagged he won it. Horrible stuff.

Fisi was very lucky in Brazil. Kimi would have won it but due to Fisi not pitting yet when the race was red flagged he won it. Horrible stuff.

If you put it on pole, it means that you have the package to win. Stop blaming the team for Button's performance on sundays

If you put it on pole, it means that you have the package to win. Stop blaming the team for Button's performance on sundays

Well that statement right there shows how much you (don't) know about F1, what a stupid thing to say

Palpable rubbish!

Well that statement right there shows how much you (don't) know about F1, what a stupid thing to say

I don't know about that. Besides actually winning a race, where you finish in qualifying is as good as measure as any.

It proves the machinery that you are driving is capable of that level of performance.

I don't know about that. Besides actually winning a race, where you finish in qualifying is as good as measure as any.

It proves the machinery that you are driving is capable of that level of performance.

Yes and Honda tend to run light fuel loads in quali and the car is clearly strong over 1 lap. But over a long run it doesnt have the pace of the renault, and possibly not of the mclaren either. Very often cars start higher up the grid than they really should, and drop back during the race cos their machinery cant keep up over a long distanc. With Jenson, he can often stay with the leaders at the start but when he pits, the other leaders do a few more quick laps and then come out ahead of him. It woudnt be fair to say that its jensons fault that Honda arent winning in 2006. I know I say it all the time but look how far behind his team-mate is, and you can see that JB is doing all he can

What it proves is that the car can be qualified well. Nothing more.

Yes and Honda tend to run light fuel loads in quali and the car is clearly strong over 1 lap. But over a long run it doesnt have the pace of the renault, and possibly not of the mclaren either. Very often cars start higher up the grid than they really should, and drop back during the race cos their machinery cant keep up over a long distanc. With Jenson, he can often stay with the leaders at the start but when he pits, the other leaders do a few more quick laps and then come out ahead of him. It woudnt be fair to say that its jensons fault that Honda arent winning in 2006. I know I say it all the time but look how far behind his team-mate is, and you can see that JB is doing all he can

Well you have a point here....but you can't compare JB with RB....RB has disappoint lots of people and we all know now that RB only won Gps coz of the Superior Ferrari.

If jenson's team-mates had been winning races, or at least coming close to winning races, then I would agree with the crap that ykickamoocow and the other button-bashers constantly come out with. But the fact is none of his team-mates have come remotely close to winning a race and so there's no reason to think that Jenson has had a race-winning car and should've won races. He cannot be criticised for not winning a race when there isnt actually any evidence to show that he's had machinery capable of doing it. If jenson wasnt in Honda, we'd all think Honda are terrible because we'd be basing our opinion on Rubens' performances. So simply, its jenson who is making Honda looking like a team that might challenge for a win this year

If jenson's team-mates had been winning races, or at least coming close to winning races, then I would agree with the crap that ykickamoocow and the other button-bashers constantly come out with. But the fact is none of his team-mates have come remotely close to winning a race and so there's no reason to think that Jenson has had a race-winning car and should've won races. He cannot be criticised for not winning a race when there isnt actually any evidence to show that he's had machinery capable of doing it. If jenson wasnt in Honda, we'd all think Honda are terrible because we'd be basing our opinion on Rubens' performances. So simply, its jenson who is making Honda looking like a team that might challenge for a win this year

You have a point there. Maybe, Honda should focus on something more then one good flying lap. Look at the approach of BMW. They are focusing on race performance first, and then tweaking the car to get the car a little further up the grid each race. I think when BMW get the car up to speed, it will be at speed throughout the entire distance of the race. Honda may very well be taking the wrong track.

Yes I wish Honda would just use same fuel loads as their opposition for once, then we will get a good idea of how fast they actually are, and they might get some more decent results

Or 3 laps of fuel!

michelfx is a button hater so of course s/he would be of that opinion. Anything to make the guy look worse!

i think the word eventually says it all!!! im sure eventually or given enough time most of the drivers will have landed their first victory i also think it sounds like he isnt holding out a lot of hope that it will be soon

Indeed!!!!! What's that saying about an infinite number of monkeys, banging away on an infinite number of typewriters.......

Certainly, given an infinite number of opportunities (and lets face it, he's starting to get close to that mark already), it is possible that JB might eventually win a race, but how much longer does he really deserve to prove he's got the stuff????

how funny will it be when jenson is WDC in 2007 and all you will have to shut up!

JB as WDC in 2007??? Ben, you're suffering from sleep deprivation..... Go get some rest, come back and rethink your post.

I think its pretty clear and obvious that Jenson is a driver who is capable of fighting at the front, leading races and winning races. It hasnt all come together yet and in 2006 the problem is Honda getting everything wrong strategy-wise. Jenson was very fast in malaysia and was renault's closest challenger, but badly timed pitstops meant that he was often stuck behind other cars. If Honda can just get it right at a circuit like monaco or hockenheim, then Jenson can win, but it would still be very difficult due to alonso's far superior renault

Nope Jem, you may be right about your points 1 and 2, but JB has not demonstrated he is capable of winning races. To do that, one must win, not merely claim that you can.

Absolutely no evidence to suggest that Button doesnt push to the limit. Its not like he fades during races

Actually, his lap times can be interpreted as saying exactly that. One could quite reasonably argue that the reason the Honda does well in qually but not in the race is down to JB falling victim to the 'Trulli' factor - not that I particularly believe that to be the case, but the argument can certainly be made.

So far, ykick, history has proven you right. JB's problem, in my humble opinion, is that he simply doesn't have that intangible quality that is needed to capitalize on each and every opportunity to maximize the ultimate performance of his package. I for one believe that if KR, FA, MS, JPM, or even RB had been in the Honda (nee BAR) over the last three seasons, each and everyone of them would have won a race for the team by now. Now, I may be wrong, and JB might be the real deal, but I believe that is what seperates him from these others.

Call it racecraft, or call it what you will, but until he proves he has that ability by winning a race (little own the WDC), it is fair comment to say that (after 100+ GP) he has not yet established himself as a driver capable of winning races.

Too many button haters. I hate Raikkonen but I don't talk out my arse I can still admit he's very fast. Congratulations on buying a peugeot 106, whats it like?

Too many button haters. I hate Raikkonen but I don't talk out my arse I can still admit he's very fast. Congratulations on buying a peugeot 106, whats it like?

The difference Jem, is that the Raikkonen fans on the site don't make outlandish claims about their driver that aren't supported by the facts.....