Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Top Three Worst Driver Errors Ever

My fellow countryman Jody Scheckter caused the biggest accident in Formula 1 history in the 70s. Could be a contender since it was fairly dramic taking out most the field single handedly.

I remember that one. He was not at all popular! Ah, the days of catch fencing............

I saw the 1980 Season Review DVD and noticed the catch fending too, it was pretty weird seeing that when compared to todays safety measures.

I remember that one. He was not at all popular! Ah, the days of catch fencing............

Amazing how Formula 1 has changed, Ive seen videos (from long ago) with fans literally standing on the sides of the track watching the cars go by.

I have always loved that name Scheckter. It sounds like one of the big-bad power-hungry evil-masterminds in the James Bond movies of the 60s :goldeneye:

HAHA, nice!

yeah... I saw some old footage of the Nurburgring on inside GP the other day and it reminded me how amazingly safe F1 is these days. Christ, I can't believe people actually raced in the early days of F1... they must have been brave as hell to do that.

yeah... I saw some old footage of the Nurburgring on inside GP the other day and it reminded me how amazingly safe F1 is these days. Christ, I can't believe people actually raced in the early days of F1... they must have been brave as hell to do that.

Sounds like Spa 98. The crash was caused by DC losing it.

I remember this. It looked like a Formula 1 spare-parts yard. I wonder what the poor course workers were thinking...?

I don't think Inoue ever ran into the Safety Car. To the best of my memory, he was run over by it after he got out of his car in the '95 Hungarian GP.

I know Heidfeld crashed into the open door of the Emergency Car in '01 I think in Brazil during the warmp up. Apparently the Emergency Car was tending to Bernoldi's Arrows, Nick just lost it and hit the car, he and everyone else were pretty lucky to get away unharmed.

Yeah, I've got a clip off that somewhere, it was crazy, he smashed the door off the car.

Yeah, I've got a clip off that somewhere, it was crazy, he smashed the door off the car.

Do yo have a link to it or is it on DVD?

I would not mind any of the accidents written here to happen again really (unless i missed some), top three worst driver errors would be what involves death unfortunaly as those are accidents i do not want to see ever again happen!

I would not mind any of the accidents written here to happen again really (unless i missed some), top three worst driver errors would be what involves death unfortunaly as those are accidents i do not want to see ever again happen!

I know. The title is a little bit misleading, it should be called Top Three Strangest/Funniest driver Errors Ever. The title says worst and that makes me think of errors that results in the death of a driver.

Do yo have a link to it or is it on DVD?

I know it's on the 2001 Season review video.