Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Strange

Honda: 'Rubens Is One Of The Best'

Honda have once again backed the under-performing Rubens Barrichello - and claimed that the Brazilian is one of the best drivers in F1.

The Brazilian has endured a miserable start to his Honda career after leaving Ferrari during the winter, offering a vast array of excuses for his apparent inability to get to grips with his new car.

But although highly-accomplished test driver Anthony Davidson is waiting in the wings, Honda insist that they are still "content with both of our drivers".

While Jenson Button will require no such reassurance, Barrichello will no be relieved to hear Gil de Ferran, the team's Sporting Director, describe him as "one of the best drivers in the field."

''Our car behaves completely differently to Ferrari's and he is driving for the first time on Michelins'' continued Gil, "Clearly, he has had trouble adapting. But the whole Honda team believes in Rubens.''

Poor Rubens second fiddle at Ferrari and now second cello at Honda...... No doubt he has the full backing ot his employers. B)

I dont think this thread was really nessecary. I think there are alot of threads around here which discuss Rubens in great detail.

I think Gil likes to exaggerate in his descriptions of people's driving abilities. It is strange though isnt it that sato is one of the most impressive drivers this year and barrichello the least impressive

Rubens: performing worse than Sato

what a dissappointment!

Exactly!

I still think RB will improve markedly.

When? He's very experienced, he should at least fight for a couple of points if not his teamate

i do wish RB would get it together & start doing well at Honda - i do think he is a good driver, the Honda is a good car & id like to see him up there challenging again - plus he should be competitive enough to be pushing JB even harder & the pair getting really good results for Honda

Neither have I. Infact I'm annoyed he isnt pushing JB at all. I want JB to have a competative teamate not one whos a second slower!

Gil de Ferran, the team's Sporting Director, describe him as "one of the best drivers in the field."

:lol: Whatever Gil...

Neither have I. Infact I'm annoyed he isnt pushing JB at all. I want JB to have a competative teamate not one whos a second slower!

It just doesnt make sense to me. Rubens had some brilliant races for stewart and ferrari, and now he's not even remotely close to jenson, who according to a lot of members here isnt even any good himself. He may be uncomfortable with the car but that shouldnt mean that he finished races about half a minute behind his team-mate. I'd like to say that this shows just how good a driver jenson is, but I know you all won't agree with me :rolleyes:

It's abit of both (Jenson's abilities and Rubens' lack thereof compared to Jenson) if you ask me.

It's abit of both (Jenson's abilities and Rubens' lack thereof compared to Jenson) if you ask me.

Good Point

I think Gil and Honda are saying the nice stuff about RB just to justify there decision to hire him. Bring on Davidson or even bring back Sato.

Good Point

I think Gil and Honda are saying the nice stuff about RB just to justify there decision to hire him. Bring on Davidson or even bring back Sato.

Hold your horses cowboy, no need to go overboard. RB has performed bad, but not Sato bad.

does anyone know when Jenson's contract runs out with Honda? Cos he really needs to get out of there if he wants to win races and titles

does anyone know when Jenson's contract runs out with Honda? Cos he really needs to get out of there if he wants to win races and titles

I think he signed a five year deal.

I think he signed a five year deal.

Great. So thats 07, 08, 09 and 10 wasting years in a Honda that can almost challenge for wins but not quite!

Great. So thats 07, 08, 09 and 10 wasting years in a Honda that can almost challenge for wins but not quite!

And after that times has passed he is so demotivated that he will probably will be forced to retire.

At least he will get a lot of practice at nearly winning!!!

At least he will get a lot of practice at nearly winning!!!

He's had enough of that already!! By 2010 no-one will be interested. He's the biggest wasted talent F1 has ever seen - I believe he could have won loads of races by now if he'd stayed with williams in 01/02/03, or stayed with renault, and its a shame!

He's had enough of that already!! By 2010 no-one will be interested. He's the biggest wasted talent F1 has ever seen - I believe he could have won loads of races by now if he'd stayed with williams in 01/02/03, or stayed with renault, and its a shame!

Yeah, he has changes teams at bad times...