Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Spring Cleaning

Okay, I've been thinking lately that F1 needs to sweep out some drivers and let new blood have a shot. You have to pan alot of sand before you find gold and F1 isn't panning right now. Here's who I think should be swept out of Formual 1:

Ralf Schumacher for just not wanting to be here anymore. He's had his shot and proved he can win races when he feels happy, but a Championship is beyond him (and so, too, is happiness).

Jarno Trulli. He can be fast on occasion and he won Monaco in style, but he somehow seems a bit moldy. Time for new blood to take his seat.

Giancarlo Fisichella. He's shown that when God favors him with circumstances, he can win. I don't see much more from him in the future, though and he should go looking for a retirement home.

Takuma Sato. Do I really need to list any reasons here? Okay, I'll list one: Kamikazi is only good for WW2 fighter pilots, not for Grand Prix racing drivers. He cannot keep a car on the track so he needs to go...or dress in a clown's outfit and provide pre-race entertainment with funny driving stunts (or should I say 'shunts'?)

Okay, I was going to add Rubens to the list, but I figure I'll give him the rest of this season to prove himself.

Now for the new blood:

Narain Karthekayan. Flame me if you will, but he proved fast enough for another shot. But only one more. Nah, a few hours after writing this I sobered up and wondered what the hell I'd written...scratch Narain.

Gary Paffett. This kid could be a serious contender. Fast and clean driving. He also comes with a sterling recommendation from Mika Hakkinen. Also has good taste in music as he likes 'Gorillaz' ;)

Robert Kubica. This is one seriously fast racer. Forget about Nico, this kid is the next Kimi in regards to speed.

Anthony Davidson. Little Ant combines fast pace with a good head for car set-up. He's more than worthy of a seat.

You don't find that nugget of gold like Senna by nurturing drivers that can't go any further in their careers. Pull out the crowbar and pry the old out of the monococque and make some room for the new. Maybe another Nige or Senna is waiting in the wings? We'll never know by watching Jarno Trulli tug around a circuit for 52 laps...

Edit: Fixed 'banzai' and made it 'kamikaze'...thanks ykick...I just couldn't let it stand :D

Robert Kubica. This is one seriously fast racer. Forget about Nico, this kid is the next Kimi in regards to speed.

but will he be Kimi luck wise?

Narain? You must be having one off day!

He's 29, and he sucks. Heikki, Hamilton, Bourdais, Ralf, Jarno, Fisi, Paffet, Ant, Kubica, Bruno, Franck, and even De La Rosa are ten times better and fifteen times more deserving than him.

BTW, we have had this discussion on at least five other treads so I think you are asking for trouble by even mentioning his name.

Takuma Sato. Do I really need to list any reasons here? Okay, I'll list one: Bonzai is only good for WW2 fighter pilots, not for Grand Prix racing drivers. He cannot keep a car on the track so he needs to go...or dress in a clown's outfit and provide pre-race entertainment with funny driving stunts (or should I say 'shunts'?)

Im just saying that Bonzai is actually the miniaturisation of plants. I think you mean kamikaze which was a tactic used by Japanese pilots during WW2.

Im just saying that Bonzai is actually the miniaturisation of plants. I think you mean kamikaze which was a tactic used by Japanese pilots during WW2.

D'OH!!! :blush: Of course you are right....I'm gonna fix it on 'edit' just on principle.

Ctrl300: When I looked into poor Narain's record it wasn't half bad, but you have a point. De La Rosa would fit nicely. Bourdais is also hot to get into an F1 car...Wheldon too, if you can put up with his whining...so many to choose from.

The next generation (not in F1) include Hamilton, Kovalainen, Paffet, Vettel, Premat, Lapierre and Senna. Once these kids get a shot (hopefully they all do) we're gonna be in for some great years with them fighting alongside Kimi, Fernando, Nico etc. Of course, this'll be once the old guard of Villeneuve, Schumacher's, Barrichello, Fisichella and Coulthard all leave within the next 2-3 years.

The next generation (not in F1) include Hamilton, Kovalainen, Paffet, Vettel, Premat, Lapierre and Senna. Once these kids get a shot (hopefully they all do) we're gonna be in for some great years with them fighting alongside Kimi, Fernando, Nico etc. Of course, this'll be once the old guard of Villeneuve, Schumacher's, Barrichello, Fisichella and Coulthard all leave within the next 2-3 years.

Hopefully some of them won't be here come 2008...

BTW nojvnof1 wher do you intend to follow quali? I'm not happy with the one I am useing as the times does not show.

:lol: That's reality my friend

Hopefully some of them won't be here come 2008...
Couldn't care less where any of them end up in '07 let alone '08 (except Jacques of course)
BTW nojvnof1 wher do you intend to follow quali? I'm not happy with the one I am useing as the times does not show.

eurosport.com It lags a little but I find it good enough.

He will. My reality is a far more interesting place than everyone elses reality.

I'm not too sure you are gained by spreading that around too much...

[quote name='Ctrl300' post='115079' date='May 6 2006, 09:40 PM']I'm not too sure you are gained by spreading that around too much...[/quote]

Im just telling people that my reality is a happy place.

Im just telling people that my reality is a happy place.

So they are giving you a lot of topbanana drugs, hey?

Bourdais is too old to start out now.

Hamilton had a very good GP2 race and it's restored my faith in him. However, one HUGE name and even HUGER talent you're ALL forgetting is Piquet Jnr!!!! He's going to be hot stuff when he gets into an F1 car, moreso than everyone mentioned in this thread so far (with the exception of Nico of course). I also doubt that Kubica would be quicker tha Nico on his day.

The next generation includes:

Piquet Jr, Heikki, Hamilton, Ammermuller (definatley!!), Paffett, Bruno S (but in a while) possibly Lapierre and quite possibly Jamie Green. If Adam Carroll gets his act together and performs like he did today, he's definatley in with a shout too. As much as I would love to see Premat in a race seat, I think, unfortunatley, he'll only get as far as being a tester. Either that or he'll be a number 2 in the shadow of the big gun for all of his career, pretty much what he's had in his GP2 career so far.

Kubica will be quicker than Nico. Also, Piquet Jr. is only winning because Nico isn't there :D

So, is there a Senna out there? Not just a fast driver, but one that is freakishly fast?

Just curious as to how many of you would follow F1 closely after the current 'experienced' drivers such as MS, JV, DC, RB, RS leave F1 (retire/cant get a contract). And if you do who do you think would be worth following up on other than Alonso and Kimi? :stinker4kz:

Out..

Fisi, Sato, Trulli, monteiro, RS

In...

Kubica, Hamilton, Piquet JR, senna (not yet though)

I dont care about skill, I wanna see a midget in F1.

I dont care about skill, I wanna see a midget in F1.

A midget in F1 would be alot easier than a person who is 7 ft tall. I remember it took McLaren ages to create a MP4-19 car which Wurz could fit into. And Wurz isnt that tall.