Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

RB Tops Button For The First Time

It looks like Barrichello has finally come to grips with the Honda systems, and actually put in a good time, finshing ahead of his team mate for the first time. Will Jenson finally have some competition from within?.

It looks like Barrichello has finally come to grips with the Honda systems, and actually put in a good time, finshing ahead of his team mate for the first time. Will Jenson finally have some competition from within?.

We can only hope.

We can only hope.

Yep....we can only hope.... <_<

But I doubt his good performance today will be any different from what we have seen so far...

About damn time, now just follow it up and have a better race than 'pretty' boy.............

am sure rb will keep improving... :thbup:

am sure rb will keep improving... :thbup:

Indeed, this is what I expected of Rubens from the start :clap3:

Indeed, this is what I expected of Rubens from the start :clap3:

Wait for the race.....he was also good in Imola....and look how far back he finished the race!

Wait for the race.....he was also good in Imola....and look how far back he finished the race!

Yes he must improve that's agreed................

Button hates the nurburgring and never does well here. TS pretty much out did him in 04 here for goodness sakes, though Jenson is not doing himself any favours!

Wait until the race before we truly herald Ruben's return to form. Remember his race at Imola only two weeks ago. Great quali, underwhelming race.

It's great to see Rubens up there again, he probably has a lap less fuel or some more, but I don't think it is fair to count that against his qualifying yesterday. He's found his sweet spot eventually and hopefully he can carry it forward in the race. Honda need two drivers up there, not one and it should take some of the pressure off them both if they can deliver.

Indeed!

I think the Honda's are heavy though! But as I said, Jenson struggles here and Rubens' has won here so this is one of the few circuits I kinda expected Rubens'ill be a match or more for Jenson. Be nice if they finished 3rd and 4th!

:clap3: Well Rubens did about the best he could in a 3rd rate car, Honda has lost it again this year............

I dont think they have lost it, they just arn't fully focused imo! They shud be better soonish. Nurburgring isnt honda's best hunting ground though!

Poor Ben pretty soon you'll have run out of excuses.........................

Seriously though their winter pace was real, they just seem to have lost momentum!

Ben do you now see why us old-timers give winter testing so little due???

i agree to an extent some sandbag but you cant deny the honda has potential!

Seriously though their winter pace was real, they just seem to have lost momentum!

i think its just that the other teams have now caught up with them & in many cases past them - Honda need to do the catching up now - i hope for your sakle & all other JB fans that they do so soon

Well they better show it soon, that's if they can.............not!!...................

Ah, but winter testing is only good for running light fuel to attract a new sponsor or two...

Honda's problem right now is Geoff Willis. I know he's rated highly, but I just don't see it. His designs are very good, but he just can't seem to keep up with the better aero guys throughout a season. His Williams designs were decent at the start of the season, but development petered off quickly. He's doing the same thing to Honda. Honda need to ditch him and hire Gascoyne.

They looked like potential race winners at the start of the year, but are losing ground

On to RB. I think that everyone was getting a little excited after his qualifying. He was getting well and truly beaten by JB when his car packed it in and it is a track that jenson said he was struggling on. Just throw ant in for one race to give us a comparison.

Honda need to ditch him and hire Gascoyne.

Gascoyne seems really over rated to me. He was with Toyota for many years and we havent seen any results from it even though Toyota have the biggest budget in the entire F1 paddock.