Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Prost Vs Senna

Who was the best driver  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best

• Prost
    • Senna
    • Huh? Never heard of any of them.

:welcome: Blackhorse6, you race rice? and i suppose you got a fart can on that car also :P

Years in F1 in 93:

Senna: 9(if my math is correct)

Schumi: 2

now, how is that a fair comparison, Senna had more then three times the expiriance in F1, thats like compairing Klein and Schumacher because they both have the same engin

Senna overtake everybody in monaco 84 his six f1 race with a bad car overtake rosberg (1 world championship), lauda (3 world champioship,12 or 13 seasons in f1 and with a mclaren, arnoux and some people else, he didnt need experecience.)

Thwe only race in the full year that he had a real chance of winning he could win if it wasnt be stopped stupidilly in lap 31...look for that grand prix please it is at emule if you didnt see it and enjoy both senna and beloff exibition, the pity is after that you find today f1 dull.

just one more thing is like comparing schum vs klien but sitting sshumacher in the red bull and klien in the ferrari...

:welcome: Blackhorse6, you race rice? and i suppose you got a fart can on that car also :P

Thanks for the welcome...I think! :eusa_think: No I am not a "Rice Boy" and the only fart can I have I am sitting on right now! I am not some loser ricer 1/4 miler, when I race it involves lefts and rights!!! :D

Senna overtake everybody in monaco 84 his six f1 race with a bad car overtake rosberg (1 world championship), lauda (3 world champioship,12 or 13 seasons in f1 and with a mclaren, arnoux and some people else, he didnt need experecience.)

Thwe only race in the full year that he had a real chance of winning he could win if it wasnt be stopped stupidilly in lap 31...look for that grand prix please it is at emule if you didnt see it and enjoy both senna and beloff exibition, the pity is after that you find today f1 dull.

This is classic. Bellof was a great driver who would have shaken the F1 world up...

Welcome, btw!!

Thanks for the welcome...I think! :eusa_think: No I am not a "Rice Boy" and the only fart can I have I am sitting on right now! I am not some loser ricer 1/4 miler, when I race it involves lefts and rights!!! :D

That's cool!, It's just that I got a new car and i'm always getting looks from the rice brigade and then I have to blow their rice a## off :lol::lol::lol:

That's cool!, It's just that I got a new car and i'm always getting looks from the rice brigade and then I have to blow their rice a## off :lol::lol::lol:

the ones in the rice rockets or the RiceUV's (SUV's "tricked out" buy ricers), im thinking the former

but me and my pals have a wall at our hangout where we take pics of every wana be ricer with his car and its pretty funny, so far we have almost 200 in SD, the only problem is that in the dark the pics arnt great and thats when they usaly come out of hiding.

Werlcome chaide & Blackhorse6! nice posts. Personally I agree with your views on the Senna - Prost argument (see my views earlier in this topic).

Hope you enjoy your stay here, Viva Senna!!!

Werlcome chaide & Blackhorse6! nice posts. Personally I agree with your views on the Senna - Prost argument (see my views earlier in this topic).

Hope you enjoy your stay here, Viva Senna!!!

Thanks for the welcome. B)

Ahhh...this was F1...

watch this little movie...

and this one...

Ayrton having a chat with Schumacher

this is driving!

Ayrton at Suzuka

Ayrton Vs Senna Vs Prost...

This is racing!

For all of you that believes that watching F1 for 6 years makes you a real F1 fan.

THIS IS RACING!

^_^

Ayrton Senna is the best driver ever and i can demostrate it!

Yes i do .that's simple: senna mates: prost, mansell. lauda, piquet began to drive when they were almost adults, senna began when he was 13 and drove a card when he was only four. Whatever you learn (football, chess, athletics, idioms) the younger you learn it the better you are, and for car driving is exactly the same! Senna rivals were older than him and karts became popular in the sixties and this people were too old them, they didn't have a chance to learn to drive as young as senna did, but senna was in the first generation of "child drivers" and was the best one in his generation, you can see the 1984 monaco grand prix and see how both senna and the german promise Stefan beloff gave a driving lesson to piquet, prost, lauda, arnoux, rosberg...but beloff died and senna not, not yet...

In the other hand pilots than became champions from the ninethies on can't be regarded so good as those of the eighties as nowdays f1 cards have too much electronics involved: traction control (1992), abs, semiautomatic gear box (1989)... they do not know what really means to drive a monster of 1000 hp without any help! Senna, in the middle, born in the right time to know the best of the two eras, the best one.

Comparing Senna with Prost with the same card 1988-1989:Senna 14 victories, Prost 11, one world championchip each one but the year that Prost won Senna has 4 withdrawals because of mechanical problems: engine, electrical, diffferencial...Prost only one...Prost always said that Senna had a better car than him, that's absurd, if he had a better car then why Prost made 14 fastest laps in that two years and Senna only seven?

Senna simply classified better, started better and make the first laps with plenty of fuel better (there were not fuel repostage in that days)

1993: Schumacher Benetton Ford (official Engine) Senna Mclaren Ford (older engine version) Senna five victories (three with the older version, 2nd n the world championship) vs Schumacher one victory (4 th in the WC).

This was Senna: simply the be(a)st, indiscutible for me.

if continue in doubt please see that, a picture is worth a thousand words:

http://www.farzadsf1gallery.com/features/donin93/don931.mpg

http://www.formula1news.it/video1/donington93.zip

Senna is regarded by most F1 people as the best driver in F1 history. Many Schumacher fans have some heartburn at that (and they have reason). There are very few F1 people that rank Alain Prost in that category.

Lets look at the careers head to head while in "competitive cars 1988-1991,93"

1988 McLaren Honda (S) vs McLaren Honda (P)

Total Wins

Prost 7

Senna 8

Poles

Prost 2

Senna 13

Average finish position

Prost 3.5

Senna 3.0

Ayrton Senna World Champion

1989 McLaren Honda (S) vs McLaren Honda (P)

Total Wins

Prost 4

Senna 6

Poles

Prost 2

Senna 13

Average finish position

Prost 4.8

Senna 9.2

Alain Prost World Champion

1990 McLaren Honda (S) vs Ferrari (P)

Total Wins

Prost 5

Senna 6

Poles

Prost 0

Senna 10

Average finish position

Prost 7.0

Senna 7.0

Ayrton Senna World Champion

1991 McLaren Honda (S) vs Ferrari

Total Wins

Prost 0

Senna 7

Poles

Prost 0

Senna 8

Average finish position

Prost 11.6

Senna 3.5

Ayrton Senna World Champion Alain Prost Fired/Quits Ferrari before end of season

And I will go ahead and add-in 1993. While very few people would consider the McLaren Ford a "Competitive Car" compared to the Williams Renault. Ayrton Senna piloted this car to 2nd place in the world championship.

In head to head competition (Comparative Cars) Ayrton Senna wins 3 WDC to Prost's 2 WDC. Dominates Prost in Pole Positions and Wins

1993 McLaren Ford (S) vs. Williams Renault

Total Wins

Prost 7

Senna 5

Poles

Prost 13

Senna 1

Average Finnish position

Prost 3.9

Senna 7.8

Head to Head that stats would show what most of us already know. Senna is the better driver!

After reading stories to my childern I know I could never better the lies posted by the ignorant noobs on this forum. You are all probably right since you all have bought a video of the highlights of Senna's carreer...

Well, as curb hugging w#nkers usually have a better insight than team owners I would like to quote Sir Frank Williams who said that Prost was the overall better driver.

Well I guess that all you professional (1987-1993) engeiners on this forum will deny this, at the end of the day, what can I say but you are all twats. Prost is king, you are sobs. End of story.

*yawns*

You lost in the poll that you created. Deal with it.

After reading stories to my childern I know I could never better the lies posted by the ignorant noobs on this forum. You are all probably right since you all have bought a video of the highlights of Senna's carreer...

Well, as curb hugging w#nkers usually have a better insight than team owners I would like to quote Sir Frank Williams who said that Prost was the overall better driver.

Well I guess that all you professional (1987-1993) engeiners on this forum will deny this, at the end of the day, what can I say but you are all twats. Prost is king, you are sobs. End of story.

Ctrl300,

I may be a noob to this board, but I have been involved with F1 for over 20+ years. You asked for people

The records say Prost was the best. Simple.

Records also say that Schumi was better, but others disagree.

I believe we've all seen a great many 'facts' in this thread. Some favor Prost, others favor Senna. One truth we have discovered is that, even in the face of 'facts' we will support who we will.

One thing is certain: I miss them both. We will never see their likes again until we take the technical regulations of 1997 and impelment them today.

We may already have a Senna or Prost and barely notice it...

I believe we've all seen a great many 'facts' in this thread. Some favor Prost, others favor Senna. One truth we have discovered is that, even in the face of 'facts' we will support who we will.

One thing is certain: I miss them both. We will never see their likes again until we take the technical regulations of 1997 and impelment them today.

We may already have a Senna or Prost and barely notice it...

Too true. F1 could and should be better than what It Is now.

i have been watching f1 since 1987...all this people dont think like f.williams:

Ron Dennis

Ken Tyrell

Eddie Jordan

Peter Sauber

Giancarlo Minardi

Harvey Postlethwaite

Gordon Murray

Jochen Neerpasch

Jody Scheckter

Stirling Moss

Marc Surer

Murray Walker

Simon Taylor

Tony Jardine

James Allen

Louise Goodman

Jabby Crombac

Heinz Prueller

Nigel Roebuck

Maurice Hamilton

Alan Henry

David Tremayne

Christopher Hilton

Gerlad Donaldson

Richard Williams

Mike Doodson

Elmar Brummer

Tony Dodgins

Peter Windsor

Matt Bishop

Ian Bond

Caroline O'Connor

Nick Bagot

Tom Clarkson

Darren Heath

Paul-Henri Cahier

Rainer Schlegelmilch

Martyn Elford

Jeff Bloxham

Katja Heim

Willi Weber

Ortwin Podlech

Chris Rea

http://www.thef1.com/leyendas/100mejorespilotos/index.shtml

i desagree of course, schumacher problably is better than prost...

Senna was greater than Prost!!!

Those stats dont mean a thing because Prost raced a larger percentage of his career in _more_competitive_ cars...

Senna's career:

1984 - Toleman (Super Aguri Pace)

1985 - Lotus (Red Bull Pace)

1986 - Lotus (Red Bull Pace)

1987 - Lotus (Toyota Pace)

1988 - Mclaren - World Champion

1989 - Mclaren - Runner Up

1990 - Mclaren - World Champion

1991 - Mclaren - World Champion

1992 - Mclaren - (Bar Pace)

1993 - Mclaren - (Bar Pace) Runner Up

Well ... best drivers are more likely to be going in (with) more competitive cars.

(= Team bosses have eyes wide open, you know !

Senna and Prost were pretty equal ...

And how old are you ? You must be kidding !

1984 - Toleman is like SuperAguri ? (LOL) is like RedBull - Oke, maybe.

1985-86-87 - Lotus (RedBull ? = LOL) is like Toyota-05 or BAR-04, or McLaren-06 at least !

Lotus in 85-86 was in Top-5 teams in every season ! So stop kidding with yourself and facts.

McLaren 92-93 = BAR pace ? LOL !!! - Maybe equal to McLaren`s 06-05 (in this order) pace ...

Senna`s Lotus/McLaren - cars was able to win a race or some ...

And can you cuont ALL (any?) RedBull/Toyota/BAR wins ? He-he ... you know.

Records also say that Schumi was better, but others disagree.

Records just says MS has it more in quantity. And quality (!) is the other stats.

MS was better over worse drivers and AP and AS was better over better drivers (the pack).

(= And what is PollDate ?

http://www.thef1.com/leyendas/100mejorespilotos/index.shtml

(= Basically i agree with most ranks.

01. Ayrton Senna

02. Juan Manuel Fangio

03. Jim Clark

04. Alain Prost

05. Michael Schumacher

=But we have also some huge "bugs" !

20. Damon Hill

29. Jacques Villeneuve

34. Gerhard Berger

41. Jean Alesi

50. Riccardo Patrese

57. David Coulthard

58. Mika Hakkinen (!!!)

And Hakki has 2-times more wins than Ville or Berger !

And Alesi has just 1 win (and 10 2nd finishes).

Patrese has 6 wins - 3 times less than Hakki !

# 57 - any comments ? no.

Coult has all his career equal with Barrichello.

And there is NO RB in Top-100 at all !

89. Eddie Irvine - while EI is in ...

TOTALs: ranks of D.Hill, Coult, Irvine - is obviously over the real facts !

Maybe it were too many F-1 fans from GBR in the Poll ?

Prost was greater than Senna.

Win percentage:

Prost 25.63

Senna 25.47

MS 36.59

Points per race:

P 3.99

S 3.81

MS 5.53

WDC:

P 4 (and 4 times runner up)

S 3

MS 7 (almost 8)

One point of interest you may like to know is that if the points scoring system as it is today was like this since 1950 Alain would have not only won the most races but also the most Championships with 6. He would have won in 1984 (the points would be even between him and Niki but Alain won more races) and he would have also won in 1988 (due to the fact that the stupid "best 11 finishes" rule has been abolished) His 105 points in 1988 would also be 112 - a record if done under today's points system. Alain Prost World Champion 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1993 - Champion of Champions.

Senna only won a WDC when he had the best car, the McLaren. Alain won in 86 although the best car was the Williams.

And for those whom start yelling about fastest laps:

P 41

S 19

MS 75

Although Senna (65) had more poles but Alain (33) often opted for a different race set up which made him go from mid field and win.

Prost had 86 front rows. He also had the record for races led in a season 15 until jaws eclipsed it in 2004.

BTW this was compiled by a info from a page by a Prost fanatic and might present itself as slightly biased, but I think he has some valid points with regards to the 6 WDC's.

I agree with everything said in this post because it is the truth and only the truth. :thbup:

Sorry, but I had to edit your post, just to open some eyes around here :thbdn:

Prost was simple better than Senna. And you forgot to say that his was the WDC in his last season so he could have better numbers than these.

Crap I voted Senna by accident...can an admin wipe it so i can vote again or everyone imagine Senna has one less and Prost has one more...

You are not the first mate ;)

Currently it should read 11 v 17, still not good enough, but we are slowly getting there. Just imagine a Shu v Senna or Prost, what a nightmare... :lol:

You are not the first mate ;)

Currently it should read 11 v 17, still not good enough, but we are slowly getting there. Just imagine a Shu v Senna or Prost, what a nightmare... :lol:

I never liked majority's, they have an aweful habit of getting things wrong :P

Wish Senna was still alive and on this forum...we'd have one more vote for Prost then :msn-wink: