Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J_Newtown_V

JV's Future At BMW

BMW-Sauber  

27 members have voted

1. 1. After 5 races, who is #1 at BMW-Sauber

• Nick Heidfeld
    • Jacques Villeneuve

Hey you F1 fans, hope you enjoyed this Nurburgring week end as much as I did.

JV drove a great race, being in fron of both a RENAULT & a MCLAREN for some 15 laps!!! Finishing in fron of NH has become a habit. At the beginning of the year both were on equal pace and since they had the same amount of points, one could not distinguish between #1 and #2...

However, as of the past two races, JV should DEFINITELY be considered the #1 driver, statistic-wise at least (Qualy, fastest laps, points).

Yet, what does M.Thiessen say to a French journalist after the Euro GP? "Yes, Jacques had a good race, but we lost a position in the pits". Moreover, "Jacques' good results don't convince me to keep him next year. It only convices me to keep him for the next race..." Is this a tactic to get Villeneuve pumped up, and perform even more, I hope soo.

If not, geeeez talk about team support! Way to go BMW-Motorsport....

Now, yes it might be true that these results may not garantee Newtown a seat for 2007, but it should be getting close to it!

Brian

JV in a very close call. Both have done well with the car that they have been given this year.

JV is performing better, but it does annoy me at the lack of praise he gets after a good race. I am sure if the roles were reversed that BMW would be making a huge fuss about how good NH is going.

I still think on previous comments by mario that if JV has one or two bad ones towards the end of the year that they will throw Kubcia in

Don't forget if JV didnt have that 2-year sauber deal then he probably wouldnt be in BMW at all right now, which may be why Mario isnt his biggest fan. I didnt vote for either driver cos there is no number 1 at BMW

I don't believe that JV is racing for a seat at BMW, just for a seat in F1. MT is no great fan of JV, and it is likely that no matter what JV does in the car this year, that MT will replace him for 2007, even if JV doubles NH's points tally and outperforms him at every event.

I wouldn't be too concerned what is printed in the press. They are a joke around the paddock. Even this story about MT's latest comments about JV has been misquoted and reported.

I expect JV to be driving for BMW next year.

Don't forget if JV didnt have that 2-year sauber deal then he probably wouldnt be in BMW at all right now, which may be why Mario isnt his biggest fan. I didnt vote for either driver cos there is no number 1 at BMW

Yep this was my thinking too!! personally id like to see both thier drivers doing well & getting up near the front & staying there a bit more often now -

and yep i agree JV doesnt really get too much praise when he does well but at least more people are actually agreeing that he deserves to be in F1 now - i think and hope hes going to keep proving his critics wrong

irishfemalefan why did u change ur schuey pic, the last one was quite funny! This poll is more ridiculous than the button/webber one. Even if JV had crashed out of every race he'd still win in this poll due to his huge totalf1.com fanbase

irishfemalefan why did u change ur schuey pic, the last one was quite funny! This poll is more ridiculous than the button/webber one. Even if JV had crashed out of every race he'd still win in this poll due to his huge totalf1.com fanbase

dont worry Jem i will change it back soon just was sooo excited yesterday i wanted a new pic that i could perve over more :wub::blush:

you ahve to admit JV did a fair enough job yesterday & NH does have a good few fans on here too - least with these 2 your trying to compare 2 drivers who have the same machinery available to them

Well at this early point of the season I'd say they're on about the same level. JV was better yesterday but NH was better the first 3 races.

You find Schumi attractive??

Well at this early point of the season I'd say they're on about the same level. JV was better yesterday but NH was better the first 3 races.

You find Schumi attractive??

never used too - used to just love him for his driving - but now i think i like him in a god like way :blush: if i ever met him its the only time in my life id be quiet & stuck for words :D and considering how dull he can be too that would be a great conversation :P

embarasingly i admit i have a MS pen, keyrings (3), flag, 3 tshirts, numerous calendars & a mug & a Bank of Schumi

I said JV, although both drivers have been good this season in all fairness. I can honestly say that this is the best ive seen JV drive since winning the chanpionship in 97. Its really good to see!

embarasingly i admit i have a MS pen, keyrings (3), flag, 3 tshirts, numerous calendars & a mug & a Bank of Schumi

Voted for JV....his last performance was excellent...compared to NH!!!

MT should think of re-signing JV for next year!!!

WOW :blink::blink:

Even when I was a kid I neveer had so much stuff from any of my favorite drivers, etc....

.......I can see you have increased the fonts in your signature....are you 100% sure this will happen???

i know it is quite sad & scary -i do tend to buy anything with his big chin on it :wub: and sure Ferrari need every penny they can get :P

not 100% sure it will happen probably not even 90% sure but hey optimism is free :clap3:

Don't tell me you fancy him too Cav!

Nah, but the old bugger's going to retire soon, some kind of a souvenier would be nice :)

After all if I have to live through another 21 year drought as a Ferrari fan, some nostalgia would help, it can sit next to my Ferrari merchandise :king:

I think that's pretty accurate. JV has more points though, and seems to have more momentum going into Barcelona, so it's definitely looking good for him. I also found it interesting that Martin Brundle commented during the ITV coverage that many of the journos seem to be taking notice of JV this year, and the impressive job he is doing alongside the generally well respected NH. I hope that some of the other Team bosses also share that opinion.

I said JV, although both drivers have been good this season in all fairness. I can honestly say that this is the best ive seen JV drive since winning the chanpionship in 97. Its really good to see!

I agree, it is very encouraging to watch. Undoubtedly his best season since '97.

Why isn't Mario a fan(atic) Jay? JV is doing well so far.

I didn't say that Mario wasn't a fan (at all), just that he was no 'great' fan, in the way that some team bosses genuinely champion a driver within their team - such as DR did with JB, or RD did with Mika, or Frank with JV.

I think that MT found JV to be an acceptable choice for a transition year (which is what BMW consider '06 to be), but that for '07 and beyond they will want to build toward the future, one, which for practical reasons, simply does not include JV. As a result, no matter how he performs this year, I do not expect to see JV return in a BMW for next year, though, if he continues to drive as he is, I would not be surprised to see him sign for another team.

I think that's pretty accurate. JV has more points though, and seems to have more momentum going into Barcelona, so it's definitely looking good for him. I also found it interesting that Martin Brundle commented during the ITV coverage that many of the journos seem to be taking notice of JV this year, and the impressive job he is doing alongside the generally well respected NH. I hope that some of the other Team bosses also share that opinion.

I agree, it is very encouraging to watch. Undoubtedly his best season since '97.

I didn't say that Mario wasn't a fan (at all), just that he was no 'great' fan, in the way that some team bosses genuinely champion a driver within their team - such as DR did with JB, or RD did with Mika, or Frank with JV.

I think that MT found JV to be an acceptable choice for a transition year (which is what BMW consider '06 to be), but that for '07 and beyond they will want to build toward the future, one, which for practical reasons, simply does not include JV. As a result, no matter how he performs this year, I do not expect to see JV return in a BMW for next year, though, if he continues to drive as he is, I would not be surprised to see him sign for another team.

If he signs with another team...with who?! Toyota?!? Williams?!? Midland?!?

Dr Mariostein is a jerk. I've never liked that guy. It was crap how he treated JV before the season, stringing him along about his contract. Now that JV is racing, he's hardly said anything positive about JV. And NH of late has been atrocious. Where's all the media attention calling for his sacking?

JV won't be at BMW next year. He may have a shot at Toyota perhaps and I think Trulli will get the boot. Who knows if he'll get a seat next year, but so far his performances this year show he certainly deserves one.