Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J_Newtown_V

BMW-Sauber 2007, Why Or Why Not JV?!

JV  

15 members have voted

1. 1. JV at BMW in 2007

• Yes, he does a great job improving the team
    • No, David Richards was right, his presence is pointless

Okay, so I posted a topic this morning, and got a lot of replies, good to know!

From what I have figured out over the past weeks, it's certain that Mr.Thiessen does not care if JV does well, as long as BMW-Sauber F1 as a whole does well. Whereas on the other hand, JV MUST do well to stay in F1 for next season. However, one might wonder does JV need BMW more than BMW needs JV?! It actually is an interesting question.

For the same reasons I posted in the other thread, I think there should have been a third choice - No matter how well he performs, BMW will choose to go in a different direction (i.e. building for the future).

Yeah i think yes , cos if they have their fate in NH for the future is rgiht to have a world champ like JV Kn ows how to improve a car with his feedback , so yes,

the question is JV has already found a drive elswhere or not , But to think about now it's too early ....

I think there should have been a third choice - No matter how well he performs, BMW will choose to go in a different direction (i.e. building for the future).

That's my main fear as well, however BMW will not look too good if they drop Jacques if he continues the way he is going. I'm sure other teams are taking note, so it could be a case of BMW-Sauber's loss, (insert team name here) gain. One thing is for sure, Jacques is definitely proving he still has it in him to mix it with the best in F1 and is thoroughly deserving of his seat.

That's my main fear as well, however BMW will not look too good if they drop Jacques if he continues the way he is going. I'm sure other teams are taking note, so it could be a case of BMW-Sauber's loss, (insert team name here) gain. One thing is for sure, Jacques is definitely proving he still has it in him to mix it with the best in F1 and is thoroughly deserving of his seat.

Yes but MT doesn't care about Jacques. It' a tough situation for him, but I think that he's making the best of it by keeping his mouth shut and driving the car to it's limit. That's all he can do.

Yes but MT doesn't care about Jacques. It' a tough situation for him, but I think that he's making the best of it by keeping his mouth shut and driving the car to it's limit. That's all he can do.

Dead right!

Dr Mariostein is a retard if you ask me. His "Golden" boy has been strangely off the pace for a few races now. Heck, he did better in the Williams last year. Anyway, no matter how good JV does, I can't see MT retaining him. Clearly they are not interested in JV so whether he does good or not won't be noticed. Hopefully, just hopefully, JV will still be in F1 in 2007. If not, then I think to some degree people will see the lies that DR spread about him were false and that he is infact a driver who is more than capable to be there.

Dr Mariostein is a retard if you ask me. His "Golden" boy has been strangely off the pace for a few races now. Heck, he did better in the Williams last year. Anyway, no matter how good JV does, I can't see MT retaining him. Clearly they are not interested in JV so whether he does good or not won't be noticed. Hopefully, just hopefully, JV will still be in F1 in 2007. If not, then I think to some degree people will see the lies that DR spread about him were false and that he is infact a driver who is more than capable to be there.

Totally agree with you. If it was up to me, I would had demoted Nick to test driver and pick up R. Kubica. I think Nick is good but as a test driver for development purpose yeah. He's been out pace by Kimmi, and F. Massa in the old Sauber. The only year that I saw him perform well was when he was at Williams BMW when he constantly out paced Webber. I just think that BMW wants a German in it's c#ckpit to boost their company image. Afterall it is a German company so might as well have a German driver. But like the rest of you said, I truely believe that MT is going to get rid of JV at the end of the year no matter what. I think is best bet will probably be back at Williams since Webber might be heading to Renault. I don't know, it will suck if BMW does give him the boot.

Totally agree with you. If it was up to me, I would had demoted Nick to test driver and pick up R. Kubica. I think Nick is good but as a test driver for development purpose yeah. He's been out pace by Kimmi, and F. Massa in the old Sauber. The only year that I saw him perform well was when he was at Williams BMW when he constantly out paced Webber. I just think that BMW wants a German in it's c#ckpit to boost their company image. Afterall it is a German company so might as well have a German driver. But like the rest of you said, I truely believe that MT is going to get rid of JV at the end of the year no matter what. I think is best bet will probably be back at Williams since Webber might be heading to Renault. I don't know, it will suck if BMW does give him the boot.

just to remind you that NH wasn't outpaced ny KR in the old sauber days it's the opposit KR was outpa ce by NH ....

cheers man..

NH is a strong driver. Don't write him off just because of 2 bad rounds. JV fans should know more than anyone never to write off a driver because of a couple dodgy drives, especially the way we rigourously defended JV after a couple bad drives last year.

Bimey how many JV topics?????

Another pointless poll considering the amount of jv fans on this forum

yeah it's true how many JV topics b ut not only here the media always like that in confront of Jv ,

it was like that those last years in F1 MS win title JPM, KR and alonso new talents but it was always JV that make F1 interesting his the man he's the character F1 always neede since senna died...

in my opinion i stated this on a earlier post, Jv replace the onew and only best of the best , the great Ayrton senna .....

cheers mate

and now F1 is save cos the next generation is about son's and nephew's of the earlierst F1 legends.

cheers mates.....

He did an interview in F1 Racing early this year or late last year I think. He slagged off Jacques, bagging Mario for retaining Jacques, calling him all sorts of names and labelling him as well past his use by date and it was an opinion 'he held for a long time' etc. The usual drivel.