Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

Thoughts On This Years F1

It seems as if Renault and Ferrari are emerging as the favorites to win and place, but it sure is an interesting year to see who else gets to step up on the podiums third level.

A very competive midfield and a failing Honda and McLaren, have really opened up that third place spot. I would say every team back to Redbull has at least a chance of getting a third place.

I think this is shaping up to be a very good year, with a tight 1-2 battle between Ferrari and Renault, and a real toss up for third. McLaren and Honda have the better odds to place, but it is not out of sight for the other guys.

I am pretty happy with what I have being seeing so far.

I think it started great, but the last two races have been very very boring. I think Mclaren and Honda will improve and will both win a race or two this year, I think a couple of the midfielders will get on the podium, I certainly cant see why JV cant get a podium this year!

Renault and Ferrari aren't that close, Renault ar still the class of the field. With the Bstone tyres performing better, Ferrari are equal or just ahead of Renault, when the bstone tyres dont perform, Ferrari are nowhere :(

We're getting engine upgrades, and a suspension upgrade for Monaco, so fingers crossed :) , I'd really love to see Schumi win Monaco again.

I think it started great, but the last two races have been very very boring. I think Mclaren and Honda will improve and will both win a race or two this year, I think a couple of the midfielders will get on the podium, I certainly cant see why JV cant get a podium this year!

Yes, I agree!

I wish you were right Ben, I really do, but (notwithstanding NH's 4th in Australia) I don't think that the BMW is a good enough package to deliver a podium finish (barring some tremendously fortunate circumstances).

Renault and Ferrari aren't that close, Renault ar still the class of the field. With the Bstone tyres performing better, Ferrari are equal or just ahead of Renault, when the bstone tyres dont perform, Ferrari are nowhere :(

Correction.....Bstone tyres were performing ok, Fiarrari had to change the design of the car so that tyres could hold! -_-

Well I can see many reason why he won't get a podium, but I do agree at least the chance exists that it might be possible.

Well obviously some of the major drivers need to retire and maybe a safety car but it could happen!

Well obviously some of the major drivers need to retire and maybe a safety car but it could happen!

With the amount of engine blow-ups this season, I agree with JR that it could happen..

JV held Fisi and JPM behind him for 15 laps or so didn't he this past GP? I think he could have held them, especially Fisiqueen behind him had he not lost the spot in the pits. Fisi can't pass an older lady in a stroller, let alone someone who Kimi described as being one of the hardest persons on the grid to get around.

Whether JV gets any media attention or not, that doesn't matter to me. He's driving well and looks like he's very content in what he's doing. I hope it ends well for him.

they were only crap because they too like Honda could not get heat into their tyres in the cool australian teperatues!

The first 3 races were great and the last two have been crap. Really need another team to step up to Renault and ferrari.

I think that Alonso will win title but if ferrari keep the resergance it will be close. I would like to see webber have a bit of luck. Look at rosberg last race, well webber was ahead of him on the same strategy so he would have been in the points. He has been driving well.

I want to see JV sign a contract somewhere soon so we fans know we will at least one more year.

I expect if JV is to sign a contract it will probably be some time in October! He'll wait for BMW and no doubt BMW will wait til the last minute to say whether they're gona keep him or not

I think both drivers will (and should) be retained

As for this years F1, its not bad at all so far, we've seen good racing. Alonso is having it all his way but I guess thats how f1 is these days! It will end when he goes to mclaren no doubt. I'm very grateful that Schumi is putting up a fight to alonso cos no-one else is able to this year, seems like renault is the only team that put together a decent reliable package

Its been an OK start to the season but im not happy at the pace of the RB2 which is quite slow and unreliable. Im also annoyed at DC's terrable luck this year including an engine blowup just after the finish line, a unknown failure at Imola and a crash which wasnt his fault at the European GP. Other than that it has been quite entertaining so far this season even though the last two race were abit dull.

I think Mclaren and Honda will improve and will both win a race or two this year,

McLaren always get at least 1 win a year... ur damn right this year aint goin to be no different !!!

McLaren always get at least 1 win a year... ur damn right this year aint goin to be no different !!!

I'll wager Alonso's eyebrows that they don't! :D

There is absolutely no way any of the BMW's will get a podium this year unless there is massive retirements further up the field (I'm thinking Spa 98 here). McLaren, Renault, Honda, Williams and Ferrari are faster while Toyota are equally shjit as BMW. That makes 10 faster cars and 2 equally fast cars. No way they are going to get it, especially given their drivers are essentially has been's and never will be lephers whom drive like they have ten broken fingers and an amputated foot :P

Renault:

Alonso - My opinion of his driving has increased considerably from last year, part of it down to his consistency and the Schumi essence of finding that little bit extra when you need it, the other part perhaps down to the way he is out shining his team mate (more on that later!). No matter what though, he certainly is showing exactly why he is a World Drivers Champion and why he perhaps may be again this year

Renault and Ferrari are the top teams, followed by McLaren, Honda and Williams.

Alonso and Michael are just ahead of Raikkonen who is a league above anyone else. Jacques is proving a lot of people wrong (again) and is having his best and most consistent season in years. Mark and Nico are both having very good years whilst Montoya and Fisichella lead the underachievers. The rest are as I expected, except for Toyota, I still can't get my hard around that team, but Sato has done a very good job.