Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Drivers Helmets

<-------------Gilles Villeneuve (my avatar). I'd like that helmet even if I weren't a fan. My all-time favorite helmet.

Other notables:

Button, Hakkinen, Mario Andretti, Hunt, Peterson, Brabham (the copper one), JV

Best use of a national flag/design:

Cheever (USA), Alonso (Spain/Asturias), DC (Scotland), Stewart (Scotland/Stewart clan), Stefan Bellof (Germany)

I like the late 70's and early 80's helmet designs overall.

Nice thread, Ctrl, I hope everybody posts... :thbup:

<-------------Gilles Villeneuve (my avatar). I'd like that helmet even if I weren't a fan. My all-time favorite helmet.

Other notables:

Button, Hakkinen, Mario Andretti, Hunt, Peterson, Brabham (the copper one), JV

Best use of a national flag/design:

Cheever (USA), Alonso (Spain/Asturias), DC (Scotland), Stewart (Scotland/Stewart clan), Stefan Bellof (Germany)

I like the late 70's and early 80's helmet designs overall.

Nice thread, Ctrl, I hope everybody posts... :thbup:

I forgot, the GV helmet is a stunner, it almost looks evil...Very nice design!

It was just stupid of me to forget MH's helmet, one of my all time fav's. Looks like Don Johnsons boat in Miami Vice, sweet.

Monteiro, Fisichella, Rosberg, Trulli, Raikkonen are my faves of the current lot.

Gilles and Senna stand out from the past generation.

MS from 2000, both designs, Alessandro Nannini, and Al Unser Jr.'s design from 1988 to 1993. Al Unser Jr. is racing in the 2006 Indianapolis 500, my fave indy racer, he is.

I forgot, the GV helmet is a stunner, it almost looks evil...Very nice design!

Another evil looking design was Montoya's 'horns' from his rookie year. :reddevile:

Alain Prost #1

prost84.gif

Nigel mansell,

04_03.jpg

Karl Wendlinger,

pic329c.jpg

Gerhard Berger...

MEM013.jpg

I know they are not as "artistic" as now, but I love its simplicity

Give me the older helmuts anyday

Give me the older helmuts anyday

I totally agree.

I wonder if my photobucket account will hold some pics of my helmet choices...ecap had a good idea there...I may edit my post and add some pics...stay tuned..

1999, Mika's Miami Vice styled beauty:

239hakkinen20helm.jpg

1992 Senna one looks good as well:

hlmtsen922.jpg

1983 Piquet, sexy

np83helmet.jpg

1950 Fangio, now ths one looks like it could resists a tyre!

fangiospa50.jpg

:lol: Damn you Ctrl, you google faster than me...heh...

:D

Check out Fangio's helmet, wonder if it will tickle pumps fancy.... :lol:

I think and this is only my opinion. I think Trulli has to have one of the best looking helmet. I like the chrome look of it.

:D

Check out Fangio's helmet, wonder if it will tickle pumps fancy.... :lol:

Damn straight!!!!

I think and this is only my opinion. I think Trulli has to have one of the best looking helmet. I like the chrome look of it.

In this thread you can put forward any design you like, no matter which it is, it is much appreciated that you contribute. Just look at pumpdoc, his favourite looks like an old sock, and yet no-one complains :lol:

I have tried to find a good pitcure of Tulli's helmet but could not find one...Sorry

In this thread you can put forward any design you like, no matter which it is, it is much appreciated that you contribute. Just look at pumpdoc, his favourite looks like an old sock, and yet no-one complains :lol:

I have tried to find a good pitcure of Tulli's helmet but could not find one...Sorry

That's the type of 'helmut' that Rickenbacher, Ferdidnan(?), Enzo and others would've worn 'back in the day'

A few pics. Couldn't find a clear pic of the Hunt one, but I'd imagine everybody knows that one anyway..

First up, Trulli, for tvbf1. I think this style of chrome helmet was first done by Paul Tracy in CART (?).

trulli.jpg

Alonso's helmet (2004, not the mixed-up one he has now)

Alonso2004.jpg

Stefan Bellof, pretty exciting for a German, eh ;)

128stefan_bellof.jpg

Finally Eddie Cheever. I'm only a fan of his helmet.

chevsmhelml.jpg

i really like MS's helmet right now, its very well designed from an artistic standpoint i think.

and somehow i dont think fangio was waring his for protestion, more like aerodynamic help

lastly, the lid i really dislike is JV's, i just dont like that pinkish stripe, it makes me want to throw up every time i see it. its too off pink, if you are going to use pink dont have it be really grey pink

although i enjoy j. villeneuve's helmet for being distinctive, I've always asked myself what the hell was he thinking when he came up with that design, it looks like the gay rainbow!

I like that one. I'm gonna find his Domino's Pizza Helmet from 1985-1987. Those were cool looking.