Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

The gIRL Indy 500

Well in about 12 hours, the once proud tradition of Indy 500 pole qualifing day will once again be trashed by the gIRL and their deadly cars.

How many blow-overs this year? Will someone die or be maimed for life, will anyone be in the stands to watch?

Pole day used to get crowds of 50,000+ now they are lucky if the drivers familys and a few friends show up.

M. Andretti will once again venture out on track to try to win what has eluded him all these years and why not? there is no real competion. Hell Al Unser Jr. has even sobered up enough to get a ride, but even sader is that Micheal has put his own son in one of these death traps!!!

More later tomorrow after the carnage begins.........................

Well in about 12 hours, the once proud tradition of Indy 500 pole qualifing day will once again be trashed by the gIRL and their deadly cars.

How many blow-overs this year? Will someone die or be maimed for life, will anyone be in the stands to watch?

Pole day used to get crowds of 50,000+ now they are lucky if the drivers familys and a few friends show up.

M. Andretti will once again venture out on track to try to win what has eluded him all these years and why not? there is no real competion. Hell Al Unser Jr. has even sobered up enough to get a ride, but even sader is that Micheal has put his own son in one of these death traps!!!

:blink:

:blink:

I wouldn't expect you to understand :D

I'll be reading your thoughts. They are just like mine in regards to the 'Injury Racing League'.

I'll be reading your thoughts. They are just like mine in regards to the 'Injury Racing League'.

I hate what has happened to the 500, but I will watch tomorrow------'like the moth drawn to the flame'

I hate what has happened to the 500, but I will watch tomorrow------'like the moth drawn to the flame'

I remember watching many good races before boy 'George' wrecked CART. It's sad that Eddie Cheever's face is on the same trophy as Jim Clark's...

I'm guilty of watching it too, when I can...This weekend is booked for 'family' stuff, so I'll be lucky to see F1 :(

I remember watching many good races before boy 'George' wrecked CART. It's sad that Eddie Cheever's face is on the same trophy as Jim Clark's...

Indeed, indeed.............

I'm guilty of watching it too, when I can...This weekend is booked for 'family' stuff, so I'll be lucky to see F1 :(

Ah the dreaded dutys :lol:

I'm not a fan of oval racing, but the Indy 500 is one I always make an effort to watch. Yes, even in the state it is now, but hopefully the IRL and CART merge we have a strong North American open wheel racing series once again.

What an absolute shame. CART had grown so much up until the days of the split. I used to watch every race. The Indy 500 weekend was one that I anticipated very much. Now I would rather cut my grass.

Oh Well. If I was CART I wouldn't even consider getting back with this guy. Let him swim in his little pond with his narrow mind. CART road courses are well attended. CART can continue to grow on those strengths. Leave the ovals to Nascar. The IRL will always be playing second fiddle to the cars with fenders in these venues.

No carnage yet, just rain.......................

The Indianapolis 500 will to me be the greatest Auto race in the world. I have been to all of them since 1996, and will be there again this year, though it will be a tight trip thanks to exams. I will be sitting a few hundred feet from the start finish line towards turn 1.

I hope they get together, and that the speeds get to 240+, then I dont care how fast they go.

The Indianapolis 500 will to me be the greatest Auto race in the world. I have been to all of them since 1996, and will be there again this year, though it will be a tight trip thanks to exams. I will be sitting a few hundred feet from the start finish line towards turn 1.

I hope they get together, and that the speeds get to 240+, then I dont care how fast they go.

Never happen thank god.

Al Unser Jr. is in a pathetic car, I can fart faster than his car

But I like Al Unser Jr...

When he's sober :P

meh, He's been my all-time fave Indianapolis 500 driver. I just wish that for one year, they get the speeds to 240 for a lap in qualifying.

Al Unser Jr. is in a pathetic car, I can fart faster than his car

:laughing: and far more dangerous pump!

Well it's another chance today to see if they can kill someone, if it doesn't rain :P

Well it's another chance today to see if they can kill someone, if it doesn't rain :P

I was talking about your farts! :D:blink::P:stinker4kz:

I was talking about your farts! :D:blink::P:stinker4kz:

Only after a big plate of frijjoles :lol:

Oh Ecap, I see you are on XBox Live. Fighting anytime soon?

Oh Ecap, I see you are on XBox Live. Fighting anytime soon?

I was doing some experiments over Xbox live! with my modem conection, no voice, and sluggish race connection, I could maintain the connection on but cant play with anybody...speed is not enough :angry:

I hope my DSL modem will be fix soon... :)

Well I just got my wireless on it fixed, so I can give live reports if needed during the fights.

meh, He's been my all-time fave Indianapolis 500 driver. I just wish that for one year, they get the speeds to 240 for a lap in qualifying.

Ever heard of Rick Mears? :1st:

I'll be sitting on the other side of the S/F line from you...in the Penthouse Paddock.

Well today is 'bump' day, what a joke only 32 cars in the field so far and only 2 cars left to fight it out for the last spot!!! The gIRL has ruined this once proud race, now all you have to do is show up and you are in :mf_tongue::mf_tongue::mf_tongue: (and 1/2 the field doesn't belong there) :thbdn::thbdn:

Ever heard of Rick Mears? :1st:

I'll be sitting on the other side of the S/F line from you...in the Penthouse Paddock.

Ah, I sat there for 3 years. Rick Mears was a damned good driver. One of the best I think.