Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

The gIRL Indy 500

The Andretti curse lives!!!!!!

Goddammit!!! Where the hell did Hornish come from!!! I thought Mikey and son would take it....

DAMMIT!!!

I need to get drunk...

Penske, Andretti/Green and Ganassi proved today that you can have a good race despite all the best efforts of King George. One other comment is about the sloppy pit situation. Pathetic. Other than that, a pretty good race.

More commentary after I've spent a few hours with Sam Adams and his wonderful Heffeweisen.

That was a damn good race, to think Marco is only 2 years older than I am. Shame about Al Unser Jr., but it was fun listening to my secret channel on the scanner. I wish either Marco or Michael would have won, as I was cheering hard for them.

That was a damn good race, to think Marco is only 2 years older than I am. Shame about Al Unser Jr., but it was fun listening to my secret channel on the scanner. I wish either Marco or Michael would have won, as I was cheering hard for them.

Me too. I just about threw my beer, the couch and my cat at the TV when Hornish passed Marco for the lead...

Quite a good race, I wanted Wheldon, Sheckter or Patrick to win.

Im glad Michael didnt take it though, It would have been sad for motorsport to see that same pathetic reject who couldnt even score more than 2 points in a season with Mclaren, to win a race as big as this.

My only complaint is that the safety car clearly had more bearing on the final winner than any car/drivers speed/talent. Had it not been for 90% of the race been behind a Chev road car for every time a fan farted in the grand stand, Wheldon would have won by days!!!

Me too. I just about threw my beer, the couch and my cat at the TV when Hornish passed Marco for the lead...

I just laughed, thus my Andretti curse post.

The shot of Mario in the pit, telling his grandaughter not to get excited was pure gold! He of all Andretti's know the curse well.

Shame on Marco letting Hornish pass without so much a juke, Sam reeled him in and didn't even need a gaff :lol:

Im glad Michael didnt take it though, It would have been sad for motorsport to see that same pathetic reject who couldnt even score more than 2 points in a season with Mclaren, to win a race as big as this.

He's the 1991 CART champion and has led the most laps of the Indianapolis 500 without a win, and had a podium with McLaren at Monza in 1993. He also has, if I remember right, the third highest win total in CART.

Reject? I think not.

I will post pictures tomorrow in the Cafe.

I just laughed, thus my Andretti curse post.

The shot of Mario in the pit, telling his grandaughter not to get excited was pure gold! He of all Andretti's know the curse well.

Shame on Marco letting Hornish pass without so much a juke, Sam reeled him in and didn't even need a gaff :lol:

Yeah, I just hoped that Marco would break it...he's young, he still may...

Big thanks to AR5 and Bruce for the explanations!

He's the 1991 CART champion and has led the most laps of the Indianapolis 500 without a win, and had a podium with McLaren at Monza in 1993. He also has, if I remember right, the third highest win total in CART.

Reject? I think not.

I will post pictures tomorrow in the Cafe.

But there is still no doubt he will forever be remembered in formula 1 circles as an F1 reject.

not on www.f1rejects.com

He does get a mention though...

http://www.f1rejects.com/hall/lucky/index.html

"Suffice to say that Michael Andretti is perhaps the most submitted driver we receive here. Not surprising, considering his dismal efforts in the McLaren in 1993. Though we all knew he would find it hard to tough it out against Ayrton Senna, considering his Indy man couldn't hack itIndy car reputation we would have expected more than his poor qualifying efforts and regular spins and accidents, especially in the opening laps.

If anything else, what should get Andretti in is his ridiculous attitude of living in the States and commuting to Europe for each race. Not only did this keep him away from his team, it meant that he was not immersed in a European environment and could never hope to succeed in F1 that way.

He is saved only by a few points scoring finishes, such as 5th in Spain, before a podium at Monza (in a fine drive from the back of the pack after an early pit stop) in his last F1 race before he bit the bullet and let in Mika Hakkinen, a man of infinitely more adaptability to F1. "

Ain't that the truth.

And what a refreshing change to the drivel of the last few days.