Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nichosnz

Stirling joins the ranks

It has been mentioned a number of time in topics on this board, that many of us think David Coulthard is overrated and will never be World Champion. Stirling Moss has just said that whilt he thinks DC is a very good driver, he does not think him great, and a potential World Champion.

Well, as far as I know David Coulthard never raced for a bad team right, he always had good support. I mean from that you would think that he would have won a championship already, its been what 8 years. I'm not sure if Williams was a big power house during 1994, so I don't if Coulthard had a chance.

i remember back in his days at williams when he enter the pits in adeliade only to go to fast and hit the wall :lol: world champions don't do that...i have some footage of it with murry commenting :lol: ...oh those were the days

B) Well you know me I never miss a chance to dump on ole DC when I can but Moss hit it on the head :( now I said before that DC was like Robocop I must apologise to Robo, hell he's a better driver :lol::lol: Dc's had so many good cars that the fact that he hasn't won a WDC or for that matter come close just shows he must have something on Ron D. but hell don't feel to sorry for the bloke, he's got more money than he'll ever know what to do with!!!! :angry:

In 1994 Damon's team-mate lost the championship by 1 point.  So yes Williams were a power house.

I guess that was a stupid comment by me.

Anyways...

If Coulthard continues at his current pace, then Dennis probably won't hesitate to replace him for next year, I mean he's already stated how he hasn't been impressed with Coulthard this season. Oh well maybe he can pick it up and not lose his job with McLaren.

Although, Param, Ron Dennis has only employed 16 drivers in F1 races, including Stephen South who only had one attempt and did not qualify. He was only in as a sub anyway. Of the 8 who have driven for him for more than 1 year all have chosen to leave the team, to another or to retire. If Ron fires or doesn't renew DC's contract at any stage it will be a first.

I like how he states that each year he is more hungry for it than the last, fitter than the last and more determined than the last. how bad was he when he first started? if he is so much better than last year and still can't pull the results he needs.

I think Coulthard could be driviing a Minardi and he would still be saying that this going to be his year to be WDC. I honestly wonder if he even truely beleives it anymore or if its just a programmed thing for him to say?

On the flipside to that daz, if DC was the only one not driving a Minardi, the championship would still go down to the wire.

On the flipside to that daz, if DC was the only one not driving a Minardi, the championship would still go down to the wire.

:lol::lol::lol:

Couldn't have said it better...